Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. abrod520 Apr 3, 2017

He's a profiteer, remember what he did with his two Silver Snoopys... talked a huge game about being an Omega fan and just wanting to keep one in his safe, next thing you know it's for sale for $20k

jv91, drhex, nima0071 and 5 others like this.
  2. Riviera Paradise Apr 3, 2017

The fact he openly admits to doing this is I suppose better than other OF members who might have multiple reservations in secret, so I hope he reflects on the bad karma this will generate for him in the future. Certainly this sort of repeat hoarding Speedy LE behaviour in the OF will not win him many friends here. IF he does indeed hoard two STs, I for one would not buy a watch from him if he offered it via PM or in the sales section.

petay993, azcii, padders and 3 others like this.
  3. patmoon89 Apr 3, 2017

I wish everyone had this attitude....

azcii and TJH like this.
  4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2017

Look, I wish everyone had a chance to get a ST...or anything they want really, but I would not be too critical of anyone that managed to get an extra one for selling. after all....isn't that the way the game goes? When you go to the sales forum, specially the non private ones....aren't those all flips for profit? If I want a ceramic Daytona now it will cost me about 17Grand...when at the store it will cost me 10 or 11G.... am i mad I can't get it at the store tomorrow? yeah!, am i transferring that to the smart guy that got a couple and is flipping them in the box profiteering of the high demand, low supply equation. No.

ST is not some kind of exceptional Kumbaya community watch. It's not like all profits go to fight cancer, or hunger, or AIDS. If that was the case then yes, it would be a nasty thing to do, but it is just a commercial enterprise that happens to appeal to us (Omega and watch fans). No need to change the expectations and the game just because we are emotionally involved.

Just my two cents. (which I will give you for 5 cents!) ::bleh::

Pun, gee_cee, arcadelt and 2 others like this.
  5. TJH Apr 3, 2017

Perhaps, but given the sheer number of frustrated enthusiasts who would really love to have a SpeedyTuesday but were unable to reserve one, to boast about having two on way is a little crass.

marcn, R3D9, Riviera Paradise and 4 others like this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2017

Yes. But let's not confuse the crassness of being open about it, with the reality of how many others are doing it. Once this baby drops I predict the secondary and gray markets are going to explode

fskywalker likes this.
  7. TJH Apr 3, 2017

Granted, there is a difference between being crass and covert, even if the end result is the same.

By the way, I am not one of the frustrated enthusiasts as I am not in the market for the SpeedyTuesday, but I do think it is a stunning watch!

fskywalker likes this.
  8. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 3, 2017

The way I see it is: if you are a dealer or closet dealer and think you will make a fast buck snap up as many as you like and sod everyone else. If you give a split second of consideration for your fellow enthusiasts and think ethics matter at all then restrain yourself to one as any more is just selfish. It is the same with touting tickets, there are arguments why it is just a logical expression of capitalism and counter arguments suggesting it is parasitic and generally negative. Both sides can be argued but ethics tends to favour one over the other.

ps I too have a reservation so hopefully am not swayed by jealously or spite in my comments.

Edited Apr 3, 2017
    Bond007, fskywalker and TJH like this.
  9. Riviera Paradise Apr 3, 2017

FTR I do not feel OK with what Nima is doing and I would never personally hoard something special with emotional appeal to the good folks on the OF for profit...when it was very clearly intended to be distributed across the Omega/Speedy enthusiast community. The reservation system makes it quite clear, so this is not equivalent to someone investing in a cheap stock or property that might one day explode in valuation.

So I agree it is not fighting cancer, but I do think it is an ethical redline that I would not cross and you should not criticize me for holding that POV...if you are comfortable with that OK and I am not judging you / nor do I consider myself to be morally superior to you in anyway for having a different ethical POV.

PS. as you probably know I do have a ST reservation.

gbh76, Dogmann, TJH and 5 others like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 3, 2017

Not in the spirit of the forum to talk/brag about it in a thread were it's obvious many missed out

gbh76, Dogmann, TJH and 7 others like this.
  11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2017

I dont think i critizised anyone

fskywalker likes this.
  12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2017

True

N1CK and fskywalker like this.
  13. Riviera Paradise Apr 3, 2017

Implicitly I believe you did, but if that was not your intention, fair enough. No harm done.

Nobel Prize and fskywalker like this.
  14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2017

Yeah, not me.

fskywalker likes this.
  15. azcii Apr 4, 2017

Do we have any indication of how many people that are in the waiting list as of now?

fskywalker likes this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 4, 2017

No

fskywalker likes this.
  17. gee_cee Apr 4, 2017

If as many of these hit the grey market as people think, might this not in itself prevent a huge upsurge in values?

fskywalker likes this.
  18. azcii Apr 4, 2017

I guess it depends on where you pick it up. If you pick the UK as your pickup location you get a significantly lower price than say the US.

fskywalker likes this.
  19. nima0071 Apr 4, 2017

remember I love the hate here.
    first thing first. Stop with the HATE BS, I am an Omega fan and If I wanted to sell my watch, guess what? It's my watch. I am also a Rolex fan and guess what I sold a few Ceramic Daytonas. there is nothing wrong with that. Now if I get 2 and wanted to keep one in safe I can. or I can sell it if I wish. so stop with your ::censored:: hate.

fskywalker and azcii like this.
  20. azcii Apr 4, 2017

There will always be haters, you just gotta get used to it. This is how the world works folks - if someone sees an opportunity to make money, they have every right in the world to take it. And the same goes the other way around - the haters have all the right in the world to hate you for doing it.

I got hate on here for asking questions about changing my pickup location to the UK. People said I shouldn't get greedy and be happy for even getting a reservation. Is it so weird that I wanna save 500£ and get a free trip to the UK?

Clancy Eccles, Puma and nima0071 like this.