Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. autumnwind Mar 31, 2017

If orders are not fulfilled, do they just go down the waiting list or pass it on to dealers to sell it on?

2. zimonyig Mar 31, 2017

Guess thats why the waiting list even exists..

3. gbh76 Mar 31, 2017

Posts like this must infuriate those on the waiting list. Don't get other than profiteering why people would order 2 watches. Pity omega weren't more effective at managing their ordering process.

4. dap33 Mar 31, 2017

when is the speedy tuesday LE going to drop?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 31, 2017

Pretty sure the list was created to be used ( this was not a dealer release, most didn't know much about it )

Summer in the Nederlands as that's were it was released. June July was quoted so until we hear otherwise ( plenty of rumours on later but nothing concrete)

fskywalker likes this.
  6. AK1 Mar 31, 2017

WOW. i could never imagine these going for such prices. Lets wait and see what happens

The ST doesn have the hand painted back, a presentation box, quirky print (aka snoopy) on the dial or the random quotes placed over the dial. Its a simple clean piece and I dont feel it'll match up to the whimsical/eccentric snoopy. Market is flush with simple, elegant or subtle pieces

fskywalker likes this.
  7. fskywalker Mar 31, 2017

Well I don't intend to sell mine, but with an $11k offer wouldn't hesitate to let it go! At the end of the day is just a watch

8. pianomankd Mar 31, 2017

Ditto, $11k would be tough for me to turn down.

azcii and fskywalker like this.
  9. AK1 Mar 31, 2017

i am able to get the cerachrom daytona 116500 in 3 months at mrp. id sell at 11k and upgrade too

azcii and fskywalker like this.
  10. zimonyig Mar 31, 2017

It's likely that there will be some ~11k trade right after the release but yeah, hard to believe it's stay around that like SS..

fskywalker likes this.
  11. dap33 Mar 31, 2017

Ok nice one

fskywalker likes this.
  12. Ru4scuba Mar 31, 2017

Amen. As a huge Omega fan, would love to be on the official list and not the waiting party...but, all it took was two separate email addresses for somebody to reserve more than one. And it's a free market after all....no way for Omega to control that really.

13. demchocholips Mar 31, 2017

Only requiring an email address for reservation was an invitation to casual speculators to get in the game, crowding out some genuine buyers. I hope early competition among speculators eats away their own profit margin and that the watches eventually end up with enthusiast buyers.

14. arcadelt Mar 31, 2017

I agree wholeheartedly, but Omega is in the business of selling watches so fairness would not have been on their radar. That said, I would be surprised if they went down an online reservation model again, because it alienated boutiques and ADs that are usually vested with the responsibility of allocation. They, of course, allocate limited and popular watches to VIPs, and there is nothing fair about that model either, but at least it keeps them onside.

For the Speedy Tuesday one stakeholder that might be interested in fairness is Fratello Watches - after all the watch was developed by fans for fans, not speculation.

15. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 2, 2017

Regarding SpeedyTuesday : The terms and conditions (i.e. what nobody reads) when confirming purchase stated:

1) 1 watch per person.
    2) Omega reserve the right to withold the watch (even though one made the list) -> essentially nothing is guaranteed being on the list.

Provided they are serious about making it fair (1) and if their level of diligence matches that of most Swiss institutes, they will use (2) to weed out the cows who are trying to cash in, to the best of their abilities.

Certainly people with multiple email addresses (or husbands who use wives) could get multiple watches legitimately, but there is hope for some fairness...

If my faith and optimism offends somebody, I humbly apologize.

Would be totally interested to hear how many folk on the waiting list get a watch...as well as to check the FS sections shortly after...interesting times!

demchocholips, fskywalker and N1CK like this.
  16. N1CK Apr 2, 2017

I've got one reserved and can't wait to wear it. Really hope the people who have two or more reserved get limited to one, nobody needs two identical watches. The only reason to have two is to try to cash in, and I feel it goes against everything this watch is about - community.

Bond007, pascs, Sculler22 and 5 others like this.
  17. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 3, 2017

I asked in Basel, it is still planned June/July (to start delivering the first ones).

18. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 3, 2017

Well I hope you take this the right way but I sincerely hope they only allow you one. There is no justifiable reason for buying 2 of these other than for percieved financial gain via speculation, well there may be if you have 2 kids you want to spoil but that is not the stated reason in this case.

drhex, Meanjohnbrown, N1CK and 2 others like this.
  19. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 3, 2017

Would be super awesome if Omega Top-Brass were lurking here ...

Nobel Prize and Riviera Paradise like this.
  20. Riviera Paradise Apr 3, 2017

I can understand @nima0071 wanting to have two STs, but I really think that as this is a fan tribute watch and fair play should determine only allowing one watch per person. Come on Nima, don't be greedy;):)

Bond007, shutterlife, adi4 and 3 others like this.