Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. nima0071 Apr 4, 2017

and guess what you are smart. Do what you can to save that extra money. If you are a watch lover doesn't mean you should be stupid. Do what is best for you.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. jpizzzle Apr 4, 2017

::popcorn::

fskywalker likes this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 4, 2017

Thanks for the clarification of your position Nima. Glad you are so honest.

fskywalker and nima0071 like this.
  4. Riviera Paradise Apr 4, 2017

No hate from me, just disappointment:(. I remember when I was going to purchase my first Omega in Oct 2013, an AT15K Gauss, and you posted that great comparison post with your Milgauss, remember? You helped me start my watch collection journey mate:)

Of course you have every right to buy and sell any watch in your collection, and to be frank I see no issue with you buying two Snoopys, 3 XI-45s or any other qty of LEs. However, specifically for the Speedy Tuesday LE there is a clearly stated policy of one person per reservation and the watch is very much targeted to your peers in the Omega fan community. You have made important contributions to the OF, bro.

So why not surprise the ":mad:haters/envious bastards:mad:" with a wonderful gesture, offer your second ST reservation to anyone in the forum you feel might be worthy of it, someone who will treasure the ST (@Bushido comes to mind, but I am sure that there are others). If you do this, I for one will request that @dsio and @Trev make a sticky thread in your homage as the "Speedy Tuesday Hero"!:thumbsup:

Cheers,

RP

N1CK, Clancy Eccles and fskywalker like this.
  5. Riviera Paradise Apr 4, 2017

Wow, I can't see why anyone would put you down for changing the location of your ST reservation. But are you sure that this is the only path we should aim for? "This is how the world works folks - if someone sees an opportunity to make money, they have every right in the world to take it."

Do we really want to live in a dog eat dog world?:p:D
    images0FG81USU.jpg

nima0071, N1CK and fskywalker like this.
  6. Maganator Apr 4, 2017

Just to play devil's advocate - it strikes me as being a bit odd that some are having a pop at @nima0071 for wanting to buy two of the same limited edition model - when we are a forum that has countless members who have multiple examples of the same vintage pieces. And those members are congratulated for their collections. I suppose it is slightly different in that locating and picking up good vintage pieces requires more dedication and skill than making two online reservations.

Vintage pieces too are limited in quantity and in high demand - so those that have more than one of a particular model are restricting supply and pushing the price up for others.

I don't really see any real issue with either to be honest (though if the small-print does say on ST LE per person then the rules are being broken). We are a community of watch collectors and hoarders. I have more pairs of cuff links commemorating the coronations and jubilees of British monarchs than any man would need, including (at times) having more than one of the same pair.

Not looking to ruffle any feathers with this post - just an observation and there may be something that I have not picked up on. I am relatively new to the game compared to many on here.

nima0071 and fskywalker like this.
  7. chows99 Apr 4, 2017

There will always be flippers around and they serve an economic function to people who are willing to pay for their services. Live and let live.

8. Riviera Paradise Apr 4, 2017

I have said my piece above and made it clear that there might be an issue here specifically for multiple copies the ST LE. I see no issue with multiple collections of other LEs, cufflinks, Dinky/Corgi Toys etc. Those who can be bothered to read my post hopefully will understand the distinction.
    I am now officially on ::popcorn:: mode and will not contribute anymore to this specific discussion on what Nima will do with his second ST LE.

9. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 4, 2017

I'll beat yow down to the reverse auction and I'll sell at $10.5K...

(hopefully the mods are around and will stop this nonsense... :rolleyes:)

fskywalker likes this.
  10. fskywalker Apr 4, 2017

I would sell mine for a lot less than that!

Edited Apr 4, 2017
    Lonestar likes this.
  11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 4, 2017

Ok so this is a sales thread now. Fantastic.

Edited Apr 4, 2017
    Aludic and fskywalker like this.
  12. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 4, 2017

Once every 10 pages or so, someone starts it... :D

13. Clancy Eccles Apr 4, 2017

Yup, just ban this duece. Someone. Please.

14. incabloc Apr 5, 2017

around10 thousand from the latrine rumor I heard.....but I really dont know if that is true.

Edited Apr 5, 2017
  15. Riviera Paradise Apr 5, 2017

Did you mean 10 Pete Townshends? Or Pete Townshend cranking it up to 10?:)

16. incabloc Apr 5, 2017

I'm quite sure you know what I mean......;)

17. Jsub Apr 5, 2017

Back to bracelets what are people thinking of ordering alongside the ST?

jv91, nima0071 and fskywalker like this.
  18. fskywalker Apr 5, 2017

Already have this current edition 20mm speedy bracelet (Reference STZ004194; has screws rather than pins):

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

and this adjustable clasp assembly:

IMG_5089.JPG

Ready for it. Just need to have the polished center links on the end links brushed, invert (put upside down) the bracelet / links sections (to put the all brushed finish up) to achieve the desired all brushed finish on the bracelet to match the ST all brushed finish [emoji2]

Edited Apr 5, 2017
  19. nima0071 Apr 5, 2017

20. Jsub Apr 5, 2017