Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. fskywalker Mar 28, 2017

I meant they perhaps wanted to keep the ceramic bezel to certain specific models and not make it a standard offering on all models. I briefly had a CK and loved the lume on the bezel (but not the blue color) and would had prefer the ST to have it too to match the great lume it has, but guess they either thought was too much or wanted to save that feature for some other LE pieces down the road.

2. chows99 Mar 28, 2017

I prefer normal bezel as it has potential to age nicely down the years, unlike the markers which will not develop patina ever.

fskywalker likes this.
  3. N1CK Mar 28, 2017

Speedy Tuesday is cheaper than the 60th tho, unless I'm mistaken (and also a heck of a lot nicer to look at). I wouldn't ever wear it on a bracelet, and the box would only occupy space in a cupboard. Would rather they threw in another leather strap or a loup or some other practical gizmo.

fskywalker likes this.
  4. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 28, 2017

+1
    Normally Omega charges $100 more for the bracelet version of a watch vs. a strap version. The ST costs $750 less than the 60th (in the US, not sure of pricing in other markets), and Omega is making 75% more 60th LEs than Speedy Tuesdays. So you could just as easily argue that the 60th buyers got the short end of the deal.

jv91, Nobel Prize, AK1 and 5 others like this.
  5. N1CK Mar 28, 2017

Yup, that was what I was meaning to say, think the ST is the much better deal out of the two. Plus that if we were to get extra goodies with the ST, a bracelet or box wouldn't be on my most-wanted list. A copy of the new moonwatch only on the other hand...

fskywalker, AK1 and Andy K like this.
  6. 2nastie Mar 28, 2017

I would dig the box if it was using a re-issued moon crater box. ;)

... ps. I think it was mentioned it does come with a box, but probably not a standard red leather or wooden omega box. Perhaps some sort of cardboard box where the set slots in.

fskywalker likes this.
  7. AK1 Mar 29, 2017

completely agree with you. They should have gone ahead with the technological advances while keeping it retro inspired looks. I mean whats the fun of buying a watch in 2017 and not having the latest tech in horology. I love the ceramic bezel on my rolex and sapphire is a very very practical option for a daily beater.

fskywalker likes this.
  8. azcii Mar 29, 2017

Wait, I thought the Speedy Tuesday came with a box too?

fskywalker likes this.
  9. RJwatches Mar 29, 2017

It comes with a watchroll, but I think there will be some cardboard'ish box around the watchroll

fskywalker likes this.
  10. pianomankd Mar 30, 2017

This question is asked to death around the forums, but, do you really think this is gonna be a huge flip value?

I just can never imagine selling mine when I get it, especially with the number I picked out. It's going to feel so good wearing it!!

shichinin, N1CK and fskywalker like this.
  11. nima0071 Mar 30, 2017

100%

jv91, AK1 and fskywalker like this.
  12. Xeer Mar 30, 2017

only time will tell really.. seems to be some sentiments going around of people letting go their reservation (but I honestly don't think there will be many).

13. Ru4scuba Mar 30, 2017

Hoping a few do...I had a number and let it go only to come in a few days later to get on the wait list

14. nima0071 Mar 30, 2017

Lucky me I got 2 coming.

AK1 likes this.
  15. AK1 Mar 31, 2017

people like me who missed snoopy want this to be the next best thing. Sadly, there is not even 2% chance of this doing as well.

Having said that, its bang for the buck and i feel it will sustain its price.

Lastly, im blown away with the design so Im going to keep it.

jv91 and fskywalker like this.
  16. blubarb Mar 31, 2017

Why do you say there is not even a "2% chance of this doing well"?

I am not sure it is bang for buck though - perhaps had it been if it wasn't a 2k LE and came with a bracelet.

Have to agree re the design.

17. Ewellblue Mar 31, 2017

I work as a contractor in Harrods every now and then, I was in there last month and popped into the Omega section to have a quick chat with a very helpful chap. I was asking him about getting a bracelet for the ST, as soon as I mentioned I was on the list he said he could double my money on it as he has people coming in all the time asking about it. My answer was thanks but it's staying with me!!

jv91 and fskywalker like this.
  18. alohatime Mar 31, 2017

I have offered two individuals in the US $8k and got turned down so quickly it was kinda heartbreaking. My guess is that these go to 8500-9500. It has a lot going for them.

It also seems that they don't know what bracelet to give if it's brushed.blike the Apollo xi 45th

fskywalker and AK1 like this.
  19. nima0071 Mar 31, 2017

I had also few offer too on my Instagram page close to 11k. But I will keep both of mine as I will wear one and the other will be the safe queen. Unless I get some crazy offer. Or other life disasters emergency.

azcii and fskywalker like this.
  20. chows99 Mar 31, 2017

I can't even remember the numbers I choose! Coz since I did not get any numbers meaningful to me, I just choose numbers that are more auspicious sounding. For example, number 4 sounds like Death in Chinese. All in all, I am just glad to be given an allocation.

fskywalker likes this.