Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. müslüm Mar 23, 2017

just got a new/old vintage speedy - can't wait :)
    By the way, that was the LE I was mentioning before - I don't like it but may look better in the flesh...
    Gene Cernan last man on the moon

2. Cad290 Mar 23, 2017

Just bought a new 1171, the quality is good, has a vintage feel, and will look perfect with the all-brushed ST

3. blubarb Mar 24, 2017

Is there any word on when the ST will be available?

4. RJwatches Mar 24, 2017

@blubarb This is so far the only estimate I have heard, but no confirmation

blubarb likes this.
  5. sgk Mar 24, 2017

I was actually told by Omega that I should hear from the boutique by mid June to make an appointment for pickup in July.

6. fskywalker Mar 24, 2017

Latest I heard is July as well; hipe it is not October / November as am travelling to Europe on summer and arrange for mine to be pickup in London

7. Kmart Mar 24, 2017

Totally agree with this, you took the words right out of my mouth.

There should be zero expectation of profit when buying a new watch. Period. But there has already been a significant amount of speculation as to the future value of these watches (#ST and the three LEs), which I imagine is fueled by the meteoric rise in value of the Silver Snoopy, which still sells for a hefty premium over MSRP. I think people get caught up in that possibility of possibly making a quick buck off of one and that cheapens the whole thing. Everybody rushes to buy one because there will be none left after a little while because everybody rushes to buy one... it's a vicious cycle which just perpetuates this attitude in the watch community unfortunately.

shichinin likes this.
  8. Scepticalist Mar 25, 2017

Whilst annoying, I don't think there's much long term effect. No-one who hopes (!) to make money from LE watches is going to keep that money tied up in the asset indefinitely. They get turned over and I suspect the vast majority end up in the hands of enthusiasts who are enjoying them thus the price then becomes static as even fewer end up on the market. Only increasing then gradually over time.
    This obviously applies only to truly "Limited" watches where there is a smallish finite number made. No matter what Omega think, a limited edition in the 5000 range (or open ended like FOIS) is not really that lmited

Sculler22 and blubarb like this.
  9. chows99 Mar 26, 2017

Personally I do not view watches as investment but it's preferable that it can retain some value in event we are looking at other watches. So far I believe I will enjoy ST in a few months time

10. omegadave Mar 26, 2017

I'm not sure if this works 100% - source a modern bracelet and then flip the links over to the brushed side. You'll need to hand brush the end links to match.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. fskywalker Mar 26, 2017

That's an interesting thought, wonder how it would look.....

12. zimonyig Mar 27, 2017

1171/633 maybe?

13. chows99 Mar 27, 2017

Do you all think we got the short end of the deal, considering the 60th anniversary comes with a box, bracelet and a roll too?

14. fskywalker Mar 27, 2017

I like the newer wood boxes, but they get store in the closet like the older (red) ones. I think the leather roll is more practical and will sit on my safe or night stand [emoji6]

Edited Mar 27, 2017
    N1CK likes this.
  15. chows99 Mar 27, 2017

Yes, a leather roll can be more practical. But shouldn't a boxset & bracelet also be given together as a whole set? Other LE series have better accessories than ST.

16. jpizzzle Mar 27, 2017

Anyone have thoughts on why no ceramic? This is a new concept watch after all, not an exact replica of alaska 3.

fskywalker and ck77 like this.
  17. pascs Mar 27, 2017

I have a large number of boxes and they just take up space and are only useful if you come to sell it, they do look nice when you buy the watch though

fskywalker likes this.
  18. fskywalker Mar 28, 2017

I think they wanted to keep the ceramic bezel to other more limited pieces like the CK and the ceramic body Speedmasters

19. jpizzzle Mar 28, 2017

What do you mean by "more limited." If it's referencing quantity the ST has a lower allocation compared to the CK and obviously the ceramic Speedmaster are not limited.

Don't get me wrong, the ST watch has a lot to offer as It's a mix of a tribute to alaska 3, obviously speedy Tuesday community, and then some non specific vintage throwbacks like the old school omega symbol on the crown. I would imagine many people would prefer ceramic since it fits somewhere between tribute and new concept. Even sapphire might be justified-similar to the design of the snoopy.

Anyway I still love the watch and can't wait to get it in the summer :)

fskywalker likes this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 28, 2017

Not everyone likes ceramic :whistling:

If the bezel was ceramic I would not have ordered one.

Any watch with ceramic or rubber is out for me.