Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. KstateSkier Mar 22, 2017

I'm staying on the ST list... But also getting on the waitlist for the SM300. Not sure how I would pay for both. :\

2. Maganator Mar 22, 2017

Can you reserve one of the 60th LEs in an authorised dealer, or does it have to be an Omega Boutique?

3. nima0071 Mar 22, 2017

haha that was a funny joke.:thumbsup:

AK1 likes this.
  4. AK1 Mar 22, 2017

I feel the ST has a lot going on for it , in terms of the online community and the way they loved it at first sight. Bumping into a stranger wearing an ST , I'd have a lot to talk about and I might instantly feel the brotherhood.

The 60th LE lacks that. Just my 2 cents

jv91, Pun, KstateSkier and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr Gadget Mar 22, 2017

At present I am going to keep the ST and get the 60th LE. It is starting to grow on me :), which means my bank balance will decline :(:(:(

6. shichinin Mar 22, 2017

Just to inform, I am keeping my ST reservation as well. :) I am guessing 60th LE would be easier to source in the future.

Pun likes this.
  7. demchocholips Mar 22, 2017

Speedy 60th is a faithful reissue of the 2915-1. Being such a fan of the original Speedmaster, I simply must have it. If I'm lucky enough to make it off the wait list, I'll certainly also buy the Speedy Tuesday.

8. nima0071 Mar 22, 2017

The problem with the 60th anniversary is that it's limited to over 3500 pieces and that right there is too many. I get it it looks very much like the original except the movement but what would that do to the vintage ones now?. As for the SpeedyTuesday, Well that one actually have a is a nice looking speedy with character and a huge conversational piece

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  9. Ru4scuba Mar 22, 2017

ST is the killer Omega this year IMHO...new 60th retro look was a downer to me but I know some will love it. As an owner of the 50th patch, I was hoping for something to be a good companion to that piece but with similar characteristics.

Clancy Eccles likes this.
  10. semper_shells Mar 22, 2017

11. Tintin Mar 22, 2017

What can I say? I am right and the person from Omega is wrong. Just took this snap now.

image.jpg
    chows99 likes this.
  12. abrod520 Mar 22, 2017

Definitely buying the Speedy Tuesday as planned, but want to see the 60th in the flesh at the boutique and may or may not keep an eye on secondhand prices depending on that experience ;)

jepoole likes this.
  13. fskywalker Mar 22, 2017

I guess am holding on to my Rolex Explorer 1 and still be looking forward to collect my ST :)

Edited Mar 22, 2017
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  14. jpizzzle Mar 22, 2017

I prefer the ST for sure, and this is my first Speedmaster might as well start with something a little wacky. I do wish they included a bracelet though, which was completely brushed. Maybe buy one new and have it brushed?

jv91, Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.
  15. shutterlife Mar 22, 2017

Come on. Someone give up their ST.

Ddrees and fskywalker like this.
  16. fskywalker Mar 22, 2017

That is my plan! ;)

17. Riviera Paradise Mar 22, 2017

I agree...I think the Speedy 60th might still be found in boutiques and ADs next year, similar to what we saw with the CK2998: initially there was the threat of a bubble...which burst pretty quickly and now you can apparently find it discounted even at ADs.

Still, I fully comprehend why many on the OF would want to purchase it....I would just recommend some clear sighting thinking from those that are purchasing the Speedy60th as their first watch direct from an AD or OB...the 60th LE will probably not retain value over time.

fskywalker likes this.
  18. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 22, 2017

I think that depends on one's definition of "over time". Most Speedys over 20 years old seem to be worth a bit more now then when originally purchased, and ones over 40 years old are worth many, many times more. In the 1-5 year timeframe, it's a guess on the 60th; chances are there will be opportunities to pick one up for less then MSRP, although there probably will not be a ton, and you may have to pick one up that is not BNIB. It seems like people have really been hoping for a smaller diameter like this, which has generated a lot of interest. The smaller size + still a manual wind means some who normally would not be interested in a Pro are now interested.

fskywalker and Riviera Paradise like this.
  19. Riviera Paradise Mar 22, 2017

Well I think that 20yr span actually reflects a general movement of the Swiss watch industry to reposition their products as higher level luxury products after the Quartz black hole event. I think though that we may have reached a plateau...prices will still go up of course, but not significantly above inflation as we have seen in the past...and just to be 100% clear on this...I am not rooting in any way for the price to go down on the Speedy 60th...I sincerely hope that the happy owners find out in 5 yrs time that their treasured possession has retained or increased its value.

fskywalker likes this.
  20. bouske Mar 22, 2017

What are the best bracelet options to get for the ST? I've reserved one and would also like to wear it on a bracelet, preferably a brushed one to match the case.

Jean Michel and fskywalker like this.