Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. chows99 Mar 14, 2017

I loved how every level of watch collectors admire and fall in love with ST. Regardless of the potential value appreciation, the watch is already a winner. Now is to await for collection!

Ree likes this.
  2. azcii Mar 14, 2017

When I first saw the pictures of the Speedy Tuesday on a forum without actually knowing what it was, I thought to myself "This is the most beautiful Speedy I've ever seen, too bad it's a mod.". So yeah, it definitely is a winner in my book.

Clancy Eccles, N1CK and jepoole like this.
  3. azcii Mar 14, 2017

This is why for special edition watches OMEGA uses a specific type of oil that does not freeze until between -40°C/-40°F and -55°C/-67°F.

Does this include Speedy Tuesday?

4. chows99 Mar 14, 2017

Where did you get this from? I will be delighted at such detailed quality!

5. azcii Mar 14, 2017

Nespo likes this.
  6. Travelller Mar 14, 2017

A really great guy, a nice group of fans and quite an enjoyable event! :thumbsup:

In this first pic, Mr. Protopapas is showing the Alaska II prototype after having signed my copy of Moonwatch Only (1st Ed.) - having provided some background to the authors on this very same subject. Petros also said the new edition has provided much more info on the Alaska projects as well as additional info on NASA & Omega ::popcorn::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SpeedyPhill, GregH, Lonestar and 11 others like this.
  7. omegaemu Mar 20, 2017

I have had no more E-mails from Omega, are do you think we still looking like June time for delivery? I wonder if all the OB will be having an event?

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 20, 2017

Summer so June, July as mentioned or August. When it's ready.

No news is good news ;)

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  9. TJH Mar 20, 2017

I think Omega might be a bit busy this week...

10. Puma Mar 20, 2017

didn't hear anything from them since Feb. 07. Speedy Tuesday Story #1 - but as TJH states, they might have many demands on their time this week...

11. demchocholips Mar 21, 2017

I got onto the Speedy Tuesday waiting list within 30 minutes of it going up. Today, I received an email from Omega. The note suggested that I check out the news from Baselworld while waiting for the ST. The end of the note was a bit cheeky:
    I'm confident there'll be something of interest for a passionate collector like you, so if you see something you like, be sure to head straight to your nearest Omega Boutique to reserve it.
    We'd rather you were first in line this time.

That's exactly what I had already planned to do. I'm first on the list for the 60th Speedy at my OB. I'm pretty hopeful that a ST slot will open up for me, but if not, this other amazing Speedy will be some consolation.

12. alohatime Mar 21, 2017

I got that email too and my heart skipped a beat. I was like this is the moment I've been waiting for!

.... Only to continue reading that it was just a promo to check out their instagram account. I thought I had been upgraded from the waiting list.

What. A. Tease.

duc and Ru4scuba like this.
  13. Ru4scuba Mar 21, 2017

Yeah...got the same email. I'm not sure how much "list updating" they are doing since the watches haven't gone out yet.

14. Tritium Mar 21, 2017

I asked for Story #2 and received an email saying that it would come next tuesday (yesterday).
    Maybe next week... ::popcorn::

15. chows99 Mar 21, 2017

Dear Tintin, I just received a reply from Omega and they quoted 230,000 THB including taxes. Can you double-check your price? Its almost 1500 USD in difference.

16. AK1 Mar 22, 2017

its 780usd if u see today's THB USD conversion

17. shichinin Mar 22, 2017

So what is the latest consensus between Speedy Tuesday vs Speedmaster 60th LE. Anyone planing on dropping the reservation for 60th ann.edition?

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

Nope, I'm a huge fan of Gene Cernan but I don't love that LE as much as I love this one.

19. shichinin Mar 22, 2017

I am just happy to have a reservation for the speedy tuesday as the 60th ann does almost nothning for me. No offense :)

20. lillatroll Mar 22, 2017

No, it's a nice looking watch but not nice enough to drop the speedytuesday. I also think there is a lot more chance of picking up the 60th later on down the road for a reasonable price than picking up the speedytuesday.

Scepticalist likes this.