Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 6, 2017

I respect both your views but it's a cartoon character on a 5k plus watch. ::facepalm2::

You both may be younger than me but for me a snoopy or any cartoon character on a watch worth that much is a big turn off.....

Edited Mar 6, 2017
    Pun, Nobel Prize, ICONO and 7 others like this.
  2. petay993 Mar 6, 2017

I will be slapping the striped Nato on mine, it's going to have some major summer wrist presence in that configuration!

I think the Silver Snoopy has to some extent become a safe queen for many, I have never seen one in the wild, I too think the cartoon and dial printing looks a bit silly.......but I keep browsing them!!!

fskywalker likes this.
  3. Riviera Paradise Mar 6, 2017

I use my Apollo XI-45 all the time and intend to do the same with the Speedy Tuesday. I was offered priority reservation for the Snoopy by my local OB but could not warm to the cartoon dial either.

Similar to others who have posted above, I am purchasing the ST because it looks so cool...it is after all a package of combined Omega references. Although derived from the Alaska III Project, it is not 100% tied down to just one anniversary reference, and that is what makes it so unique and special. The fact that it looks like a watch that might actually have been used in space, just adds to the cool factor IMO. It is a watch designed by watch lovers (Robert Jan/Fratello) to generate erotic pleasure for fellow watch lovers.;)

At the end of the day I think we should be praising Omega for giving us the option to commit to the ST LE only after Basel 2017. For those that prefer the Speedy 60 LEs, they will be able to release their reservation to the waiting list, making sure that the ST ends up with someone that really desires the watch for what it is and will use it in the wild:) (i.e. as opposed to locked up in a safe for price speculation).

Lonestar, Pun, Nobel Prize and 6 others like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 6, 2017

Codswollop , out of 2012 people 5-10% will drop out due to unforeseen circumstances ( ie wife/girlfriends pregnant, loss of job, broken leg, car needs repairs even bought a Rolex ) 5% is 100 people so there will be some on the waiting list that get one.

No one can speak up as yet, as crunch time has not come where people have to pony up and pay.

Your pessimistic views on this and the Basel thread do not help.

I've always lived by the rule it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty.
    Just be lucky to have a glass.

Pun, SpikiSpikester, chows99 and 3 others like this.
  5. lando Mar 6, 2017

Yes, this is your guess, but in what way is it an educated one?

Don't like to comment the rest of your post.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 6, 2017

Maybe they don't want to tell people what position they are on the list. ( due to not knowing how many will go ahead with purchase )

The only education guess you have is, there is a list.

It's a waiting list to a Limited Edition that is sold out. :whistling: There is going to be some disappointment, but there is going to be some joy for a few.

Nobel Prize and N1CK like this.
  7. N1CK Mar 6, 2017

I want the ST because I'd been contemplating a speedmaster for ages, but wasn't sure which one to get. As my current watch collection is austere in design I wanted something with a bit of flare. An older model with an appliqué logo I thought would do the trick, but also have always felt the draw of a reverse panda and was seriously considering the new Rolex Daytona - although a little part of me considers it a tad trashy. Suddenly here comes a reverse panda speedmaster with appliqué dial and so many other lovely touches.. How could I not be smitten?

Whether or not you buy into the # commemoration ultimately this watch works because of its own innate aesthetics, not because of its reason for existing. There is so much to like in this watch, it's hard to see another Speedy ever topping it.

Edited Mar 7, 2017
    lando, Bond007, Aludic and 5 others like this.
  8. Tintin Mar 6, 2017

I am one of the lucky one to have the ST on reserve. I personally don't think there will be many cancellations. Even if the buyer change their mind on the ST, wouldn't it be better to keep the reservation and flip the watch for a small profit? Or hold onto the reservation and give the slot to someone that you know?

What concerns me more is gray dealers who maybe holding onto more than one slot for the sole purpose of resale. Since Omega didn't require deposit upfront, it was easy to reserve multiple slots. Once the watch is released, these watches will suddenly become available in quantity. The price premium will not be as high as everybody thinks. It's supply and demand. Just my 2 cents.

I for one am very ecstatic to have one, can't wait to take ownership, and will happily wear it. It will not be a safe queen or flipped.

9. chows99 Mar 7, 2017

For me, I will change out the straps and wear some nice tan leather strap. Maybe can get a good OEM bracelet too!

N1CK likes this.
  10. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Mar 7, 2017

New Omega video out this morning

sensui, marcn and fskywalker like this.
  11. fskywalker Mar 7, 2017

From video two 2017 new watches below:

Speedy.jpg

speedy2.jpg

Edited Mar 7, 2017
    sensui likes this.
  12. darty Mar 7, 2017

13. Travelller Mar 10, 2017

I was just wondering earlier today when I'd get the next issue of "Speedy Tuesday Story". To my pleasant surprise, I did get an email from the Omega-Speedy-Tuesday "communications office" today, but it wasn't a story...
    ...but an invitation to an after-work cocktail at the local Boutique to toast the 60th anniversary...
    ...with guest speaker "Brand Heritage Manager" & museum director Petros Protopapas !!! :):):)

We were urged to bring our vintage Speedmasters to the GTG... but I don't have any ::shy:: I hope my 3572.50 will be enough to get me past the doorman... :D
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Also a good read:
    http://www.watchprosite.com/page-wf.forumpost/fi-677/ti-1054643/pi-7607273/

Edited Mar 11, 2017
    Lonestar and duc like this.
  14. WatchWarlock Mar 10, 2017

Met Petros at the Hodinkee Speedmaster 60th event several weeks ago. Wonderful guy with lots of knowledge and enthusiasm to boot! No need to worry about what you're wearing on your wrist. My friend's vintage Grand Seiko prompted Mr. Protopapas into a short aside about his love for Grand Seikos and their movements as we were literally standing next to rare Speedy examples from the museum.

Rodmar and Travelller like this.
  15. chows99 Mar 11, 2017

Hi anyone here booked your ST in Taiwan, hongkong or Bangkok? If so, can you share the
    Price indicated? I maybe traveling to these countries for work and may collect my watch there if the price is better. Thanks in advance!

16. AK1 Mar 11, 2017

im actually waiting for the speedytuesday news mailers. that was fun !!

17. Tintin Mar 11, 2017

I booked for pick up in Bangkok. Price is 203,000 THB inclusive of 7% VAT. For tourists, you can claim back about 6%.

18. chows99 Mar 11, 2017

Thanks buddy! The price is not too bad actually! It's very helpful!

Nespo likes this.
  19. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 13, 2017

HODINKEE: Interview: Robert-Jan Broer Tells Us The Story Of The ‘Speedy Tuesday’ Watch And Why The Dutch Love Omega So Much

We've shown you the "Speedy Tuesday" Omega Speedmaster – the limited edition of 2,012 pieces set to commemorate social media's impact on the collecting and appreciation of Speedmaster – twice now; first when it launched, and then with live photos when we happened across the prototype while in Geneva. But because this watch is so great, and because we had the rare occurrence of its co-creator – Robert-Jan Broer of Fratello Watches – being in New York City we thought it'd be fun to get him on camera to talk about how this watch came to be. Watch above for Robert-Jan Broer explaining all that there is to know about the Omega Speedmaster "Speedy Tuesday".

20. Riviera Paradise Mar 13, 2017

Big kudos to Ben/Hodinkee for posting this. @Robert-Jan shares some very interesting insight on the Omega heritage in the Netherlands. Interesting and admirable to see the speed with which RA committed to this project and the speed of execution by Omega. Very short cycle time from initial concept to product and sale. Lots of :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: for all involved!

Lonestar, Bond007, N1CK and 1 other person like this.