Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Jsub Feb 28, 2017

Wow a whole 45 pages to read on the subject of my new soon to be grail watch. A question for those way more informed than me. If i was to speak with my OB, would they be able to source me a steel bracelet the same as the 311.30.42.30.01.005? What would the bracelet reference be on that? Is anybody else thinking of getting a steel bracelet with the ST?

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 28, 2017

It will have to be brushed like the case.

I can see someone having to brush 2012 bracelets

3. Jsub Feb 28, 2017

Good point, probably best to stick with a strap of my choosing as others on here already seem to be doing.

4. semper_shells Feb 28, 2017

Speedy Tuesday update.

I recently asked Speedy Tuesday International Sales Rep about any information regarding the release of the watch. I.E. would it be done according to reservation number done in ascending order? The sales rep replied "The deliveries will be made completely randomly as it is all relying on the machine which engraves the numbers on the case back. And this machine has its own logic!" I'm not sure if anyone else knew this and it does not give any info on when we will get our watches but at least it gives us a warm and fuzzy.

Also, on a side not I mentioned that I may be out the country for the release of the watch and the rep ensured me that they will be very flexible in regards to helping facilitate my pickup preference wherever that may be.

5. Tik-Tok of Oz Feb 28, 2017

I use though too often in my frantic posts...though...,

6. alohatime Feb 28, 2017

I would be interested to know if anyone on the waiting list actually got bumped up to purchase at ST.

AK1 and Tik-Tok of Oz like this.
  7. Tik-Tok of Oz Feb 28, 2017

I asked my local OB what my chances are on the wait list. I was told the following:

"We have received communication from corporate USA that this program is a Switzerland HQ initiative, neither the Boutique or the corporate office has any control over it. Right now, I have to say the chance of getting this piece is very small."

I want to reply....
    "So you're telling me there's a chance!"

AK1 likes this.
  8. Xeer Feb 28, 2017

Another update: Just received news from the Speedy Tuesday mailbox informing that the watches will be delivered in July-August period.

semper_shells likes this.
  9. 2nastie Feb 28, 2017

Was this a personal inquiry response? or mass email as I did not receive any updates yet...

10. Xeer Feb 28, 2017

Personal inquiry.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. munichblue Mar 1, 2017

Strange, I've been told delivery starts in June. We will see...:cool:

semper_shells likes this.
  12. fskywalker Mar 2, 2017

I asked about switching my delivery to UK and answer was positive; also got the same July-August delivery timeframe

jepoole likes this.
  13. patmoon89 Mar 3, 2017

I can't wait for my speedy tuesday. I keep dropping in at the local boutique for any updates when I'm in the area....but it seems I get better info on the forums!

fskywalker likes this.
  14. chows99 Mar 3, 2017

I received a mail asking me for my preferred OB location. A step closer to D-day!

fskywalker likes this.
  15. Sculler22 Mar 4, 2017

You guys are extremely lucky, congrats to all!

16. jepoole Mar 4, 2017

I have found this to be true. Sadly, Omega HQ has largely left the OB out of this one.

Last time I was at my local OB I hinted that I might change the pickup to the Rome OB if it would be out while I was in Italy for vacation, but they didn't like that!

fskywalker likes this.
  17. swish77 Mar 4, 2017

Oh, well, late to the party as usual. On the waiting list, like thousands of other guys. In the meantime, I'll need to be content with my Japanese-market Speedy reduced Panda (which I am!) Speedy Panda.jpg

18. duc Mar 4, 2017

I hope I'm first: "DIBS"!

19. 2nastie Mar 5, 2017

Old news? I don't think so... everyone time someone gets an email from Omega it becomes news. The watch won't fail until it is actually released to the market and like any watch eventually hype dies down... unless it becomes like the Snoopy (which is possible).

I know there is hype about the 60th anniversary but I have a gut feeling it's not an LE we were anticipating.

People have either hinted it was a precious metal speedy or one that does not follow the moonwatch lineage which the Speedy Tuesday does have.

Either way it's a going to be a fun month.

semper_shells and naryfx like this.
  20. fskywalker Mar 5, 2017

I think the waiting list will come alive when the moment comes to pay for the watch; Omega had said delivery by July August 2017 timeframe but still unknown if you have to pay for it at collection or if you have to pay weeks earlier.

Depending on Basel 2017 new watch announments some people may forgoe their reservation of ST in favor of something else. I think Omega should had requested a non refundable deposit for the ST's before Basel; guess they know they would anyway get all sold through the waiting list and decided not to.