Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. AK1 Feb 7, 2017

because of the way they were allocated, a lot of them will end up to the guys on the WL. we have a small group of 17 guys who have a watch group, 12 of us reserved a piece each coz 1 guy saw the insta feed told our whatsapp group and it became a thing. Only 5 are sure about it, and I'm pretty sure none of the 7 want to buy and trade.

I agree they are better looking and personally more desirable, but this one doubling up in a 6months to an year is not likely IMO. Id love to see it appreciate, at the same time, people who really want it will end up getting them at retail. watches have not known to be short term speculation instruments. snoopy was an exception

if you speak about aesthetics. "failure...." and "what can...." etc written on the dial is not clean. Snoopy prices sky-rocketed regardless. the silver medallion at the back and triple enamelling is a nice touch though. I just don't feel people are stupid to pay twice retail for a modern watch. twice retail means a cerachrom daytona or a super clean annual calendar meteorite dial JLC.

2. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Feb 7, 2017

It is just a matter of desire, not what you can buy for the money imho. Sure, a JLC Master with meteorite is a beautiful watch, but if you are a Speedmaster collector you probably don't care about those too much. And a Daytona with ceramic bezel, they currently sell for over 16K Euro. List is 11.3K but you can't get them... So that is a different story. I am happy that I have one, but would not have bought it for 2x retail. On the other hand, I paid way over list for the 2003 Snoopy for example, because I really wanted it badly. I realized that if I would wait longer, it would become even more expensive (and it did). So at some point, if you want something, you need to pull the trigger ;-)

g-boac, N1CK, SpikiSpikester and 6 others like this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 7, 2017

I really like the ST and have my name down but my gut feeling says that the secondary market in these will be more CK2998 than Snoopy. That is to say strong but not noticeably over RRP when the initial froth settles. On balance that is not actually a bad thing since it will stop the parts of the world who couldn't order one from sulking!

Edited Feb 8, 2017
  4. Bushido Feb 7, 2017

We're still sulking. However, it's more in that angry jealous ex stalking and waiting in the bushes to jump out and strike, kind of sulking. I have the funds and I have the desire. Now I only need the opportunity to jump on one like a rabid spider monkey!

Lonestar, STANDY, duc and 3 others like this.
  5. AK1 Feb 7, 2017

Robert firstly id like to congratulate you on the conception and launch of this watch.

Secondly i forget im on omegaforums ,discussing on a thread which stems from speedy dna in the blood lol (so rolex and jlc should stay away) . My point is trading and appreciation of pieces is fun, but after lurking around at the forums, iv seen that a lot of die hard fans have not been able to get a reservation.

I just want the passionate collectors to get them at the right price. My affair with speedy is just beginning and im very excited.

6. Scepticalist Feb 8, 2017

Exactly - the CK2998 was nice, but certainly not to everyone's taste either colour or case-wise - I've seen many being sold on forums by people after only a few weeks of ownership citing "not getting wrist time" and I think this has kept prices reasonable.

Thanks to Robert's taste ;) the ST is a LOT better looking both for enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike imho. It's demand which will drive the value and panda/reverse demand in general is strong - add the Speedmaster aesthetic and we have a winner.

g-boac, Pun, Riviera Paradise and 4 others like this.
  7. N1CK Feb 8, 2017

Dear Robert-Jan, many thanks for creating this wonderful watch. I'm not at all concerned about the ongoing value of the watch, can't imagine I'll ever sell it except in a case of serious fiscal need. My only concern really is that many people may be buying it purely as an investment, meaning there will be a constant stream of NOS copies coming onto the market, devaluing those that have been worn and loved.

With that in mind, and as you mention the ceramic Daytona, I'd be fascinated to know whether you gave any thought to fitting the ST LE with the ceramic bezel from the Snoopy? Would have gone a long way to ensuring real wearers don't lose out to speculative investors, and could have given it an extra lume-y glow!

Lonestar likes this.
  8. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 8, 2017

It's funny... I was also thinking how the CK2298/Snoopy-like lumed bezel would have been a perfect fit on this watch...

9. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Feb 8, 2017

I too am sorry to see the focus on possible 'investment' value. I was not in the slightest interested in the recent LE Silver Snoopy and CK2998 as I didn't find either at all aesthetically attractive. I noted, however, that most of the considerable hype posted on the Forum was about the waiting list and associated issues relating to 'flipping' and how great a premium could be achieved in reselling. It all seemed pretty grubby to me and often reflective of individuals who are not so much real Omega 'fans' as people just looking to make a fast buck.

I am pleased to find with the Speedy Tuesday that I like its look and concept very much and can now appreciate that the business of gaining a 'reservation' and anticipating the eventual delivery adds a further pleasurable dimension to the purchase process. However, the last thing that concerns me at this point - or will once its in my hands - is its resale value in either the short or long term.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 8, 2017

How would a ceramic bezel stop anything ::confused2::

You want more lume, buy a indiglow

image.jpeg

I'm all for how it is, as you never use the tachymeter at night ( or even during the day ) really.

11. Scepticalist Feb 8, 2017

Not even in space? ;)

I'm finding it hard to see how some harmless speculation about the relative value of limited editions translates into "everyone wants to make a fast buck".Calm down people.

Lonestar and STANDY like this.
  12. tyrantlizardrex Feb 8, 2017

How do other peoples watches devalue your own, if you're not planning to sell yours for profit?

Wear it, enjoy it, don't worry about anyone else.

13. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 8, 2017

Luminescent watches are barely used at all for what they do for you, frankly... when is the last time you really needed to look at your watch at night to figure out what time it was and the lume saved you?

On these grounds of uselessness, might as well make it as luminous as can be, as the cool factor outweighs the use factor 100 to 1. Bring on the glowing bezel, I say!!!

(calling @meganfox17, calling meganfox17 - can you help us here?!? :) )

Edited Feb 8, 2017
    AK1 and Scepticalist like this.
  14. N1CK Feb 8, 2017

Because it'd be harder wearing and more scratch resistant than the normal bezel.

Foo2rama and AK1 like this.
  15. tyrantlizardrex Feb 8, 2017

Having owned a Speedmaster Professional since new in 2002, and worn it heavily, I've never scratched the bezel - dented the metal yes, but scratched, no.

16. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 8, 2017

Thats because your cats dont have ceramic claws...

N1CK likes this.
  17. Travelller Feb 9, 2017

Edited Feb 9, 2017
  18. MTROIS Feb 9, 2017

Lots of speculation about future value here... but don't forget that Omega can launch another (reverse) panda version at any time.... and then, all bets are off!!

19. fskywalker Feb 9, 2017

Certainly true. In my case am not sure yet am ready to put $7k into the Speedy Tuesday LE, but based on the hype around having one might as well buy the one have reserved on my name and resell it if does not sing to me after all.

Edited Feb 9, 2017
  20. AK1 Feb 10, 2017

padders likes this.