Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. AK1 Feb 7, 2017

HI guys

Wanted to join the party. I along with 5 of my collector friends in New Delhi managed to reserve a piece. We caught the news very early !Guess we all are charged up to go pick it up once we get a call.

I am #0190 from now on lol. This is going to be my first speedy.

Love the fact that omega is keeping true to the social media influence and keeping us engaged with speedytuesday mailers.

OS1.png

Pibbow and jepoole like this.
  2. Tk421 Feb 7, 2017

It is the sexiest watch

Ever

3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 7, 2017

The selliest, for sure :D

watchme and AK1 like this.
  4. Jean Michel Feb 7, 2017

Oui, 11:33 pour moi ...........::stirthepot::

5. AK1 Feb 7, 2017

Since its a modern watch, having a ceramic bezel like the snoopy, would have been a nice touch.

Ceramic bezels look very neat, don't get scratched easily, have a mellow gloss to it ! I love it on my hulk ( rolex 116610LV)

6. fskywalker Feb 7, 2017

Also got same email

Edited Feb 7, 2017
  7. N1CK Feb 7, 2017

Long-time lurker here making my first post, got the same email through this morning and so excited that I just had to say something!

I'm assuming the watch is arriving in June/July, but has anyone had confirmation of this?

jepoole likes this.
  8. AK1 Feb 7, 2017

that email inspired me to post first time as well. so excited !!

N1CK, Tk421 and jepoole like this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 7, 2017

@N1CK Yes read the last page or two..... One of my posts

N1CK likes this.
  10. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 7, 2017

shall I post my version of the email, too?!? :D

omegasaso12, Pun, STANDY and 2 others like this.
  11. jepoole Feb 7, 2017

Same here! I've been waiting for the perfect Speedy for me (thought I was waiting for the 50th anniversary moonwatch).

AK1 likes this.
  12. Pibbow Feb 7, 2017

Yep great I got mine too!

AK1 likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 7, 2017

The NATO will never see the light of day from my one but.

( you all know my dislike for coloured NATOs ::rant:)

Will be a gift to someone that missed out.

watchme, Davidt and Tritium like this.
  14. jsalasrush Feb 7, 2017

How many, realistically, y'all think will become available from lack of payments when summer comes? I'm on the wait list... but my faith is diminished.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  15. Maganator Feb 7, 2017

I honestly think there will be quite a few. It is easy to click a few buttons but coming up wit £4k is a different matter - and people's circumstances change.

Also, I think that there will be a LOT of these coming up on the second hand (but NOS) market very quickly and the price will not be too bad because of that. With other LE's it was harder to get your hands on them - meaning those that did manage will usually have been collectors or had a relationship with an AD (ie people that buy to collect or keep, rather than make cash). I genuinely think there will be some of the 2012 who will have put their names down for this after having seen the second hand Snoopy market and be aiming, purely, to make a quick buck.

The best time to get your hands on one will be on the days shortly after their release when the flippers are hoping to make a buck. Once the market settles and those that have them want to keep them, I think the price will start to creep up.

All IMO of course, and I may be way off.

16. jsalasrush Feb 7, 2017

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I feel the latest snoopy might have given people some false expectations as to second hand markup on this piece.

I think a lot will have to do with what comes out at Basel. I'm sure a good percentage of people who are on ST waiting list will have to decide between one or the other. If release at Basel is a flop... ST editions might even show up at. A huge markup on second hand marker (my fear).

I'm in love with the ST edition, but also I don't want to pay double retail.

17. omegaemu Feb 7, 2017

I got mine in my junkmail today! When do you think we will get them? I thought around June time

18. AK1 Feb 7, 2017

A 60th Anniversary speedy is coming out this basel, no news there but Im hoping its not as hot as the one's we have reserved:D

Having said that, speedytuesday is just a great looker, LE tag or No, doesnt matter I guess.

it would be really exciting to bump into someone wearing the ST in the near future. What a refreshing way to sell and acquire.

jepoole and Pun like this.
  19. lillatroll Feb 7, 2017

I have one on reserve but I am also one of those waiting to see what comes up at Basel. If there is something I want more then I would happily give up the speedy tuesday. ( I have promised to pass mine on to another member at retail) I am not a huge fan of speedmasters but this one ticks all the boxes aesthetically. I am hoping for a railmaster to be released but it will have to be something else to beat the speedy tuesday. I won't really know until I see it in the flesh. I hope that as many people as possible who really want this watch get one and wear it with pleasure.

20. Scepticalist Feb 7, 2017

Agreed that there'll be a few immediately available from Omega via those who can't stump up the cash and this will take the edge off profiteering in the first few weeks, but I don't see them being any different to the Snoopy in value in either medium or long term. In fact arguably they're better-looking and more desirable because of the esoteric way they were allocated - and could command even more of a premium.