Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. lillatroll Jan 17, 2017

I hope this is some kind of mistake and that you get your watch. Have you checked the sender details of the mail to see if it even come from Omega. It could be a fake mail.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. JohanB Jan 18, 2017

I really hope that aswell. Yeah - the mail looks legit.

fskywalker likes this.
  3. JohanB Jan 18, 2017

Update:
    Reservation is 100% fine - email was not supposed to be sent out to me since I had a reservation.
    Great response on the emails from the Omega team - quick and precise.
    Now I can't wait for the summer of 2017 to arrive! :)

Edited Jan 18, 2017
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 18, 2017

Thats great to hear mate

fskywalker and JohanB like this.
  5. lillatroll Jan 18, 2017

Good to hear. I think many people will be relieved to know it was a mistake. Even though there is often a rational answer, until you get one you can't help thinking all kinds of possibilities.

JohanB and Linzer like this.
  6. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 18, 2017

#SpeedyTuesdayParanoia ::screwloose::

7. JohanB Jan 18, 2017

Haha, so true :) I didn´t get the best of sleep last night - quite concerned of the many outcomes/possibilities.

8. Bond007 Jan 18, 2017

All I can say is that if I don't get mine, Robert-Jan had better not let his leave his wrist for even a split second! :whistling::confused:

watchme likes this.
  9. lillatroll Jan 18, 2017

I have to admit that I did check my email more than necessary yesterday. :taunt:

Riviera Paradise and JohanB like this.
  10. jepoole Jan 18, 2017

Good morning everyone! Thought I would share an email I received from Omega about the Speedy Tuesday. I inquired about having my watch sent to the Rome OB and I would pick it up in late June while I'm on vacation.

Was hoping to get the watch in June, but it could be closer to the fall.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchme, Riviera Paradise and Linzer like this.
  11. Linzer Jan 18, 2017

Delay is expected as always, but it's good to know that they're flexible with the delivery.
    Thanks for sharing.

12. Tintin Jan 18, 2017

If they are flexible with delivery location, then I guess I'll be picking mine up in London then. Hmmmm....

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 18, 2017

Question, must the watch be picked up in person? Or can you have the OB mail it to you after payment?

If it must be pick-up, can you have a friend pick it up or must it be picked up by the listed person on the internet pre-order registration?

14. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 18, 2017

Example on CK2998 - see on the lug :)

[​IMG]

15. Travelller Jan 19, 2017

Agree! I don't think that the West Coast would have had any issues had Omega requested a downpayment "fully refundable under the event the watch is not delivered ... not in perfect condition ... etc..." It's another story if the customer changes their mind... .

I somewhat disagree with you (and others) here... IMHO this "event" is primarily a Fratellowatches (triggered) event, even if Omega is behind all phases from manufacture to (online) marketing.
    In other words, the members / followers of Fratellowatches should (and did) have first notice. Clearly there are enough members to easily cover the 2012 units.
    As an example, I mentioned the Speedytuesday to a business acquaintance whom I know to be watch lover who owns several Omegas - Speedmaster(s) among others - and he never heard of the term. So; if he sees a photo of the ST-LE from an SIHH article, should he be upset that his OB didn't contact him... ? ;)

16. 2nastie Jan 19, 2017

I'm more inclined to say that they couldn't charge a deposit via online specifically for US (i.e. Extract from Archives). Not to mention it might become a logistical nightmare with managing deposits (via various countries).... but more likely imo is the fact that Omega cannot sell watches online (including accepting any type of payment as it technically counts as a sale) in the US. There are three options: don't sell online - which defeats the watch's intention, don't sell to the US - eliminates an entire market, again not going to happen; or finally, don't charge a deposit on a relatively limited watch.

I think they made a good enough choice. Deposits don't mean a whole lot. In the end there is always a opportunity to get it back, it's more how hard you fight to get it back / what reason you use. Omega ultimately eliminates extra work of keeping track of deposits. Clearly this watch will sell-out one way or another but I think it more so they weren't allowed to for the US.

Riviera Paradise, JohanB and jepoole like this.
  17. semper_shells Jan 19, 2017

Is it summer yet? Going to Northern VA this weekend and plan to stop in a OB and see if they have a demo.

18. jepoole Jan 19, 2017

If this is more of a Fratellowatches than OB piece Omega should not have emailed me. I'm a very passive Fratellowatch fan (since obtaining a reservation I have been following more closely), but I have a reservation because Omega emailed me.

Since Omega HQ decided to send the email to every client on their email list the boutiques should have been made aware. Now the boutiques have loyal customers upset they cannot purchase this piece. (My local OB has already told me if I want to sell mine they have a client who will buy it.)

Who should have been given the heads up first? The customer that buys all of their watches at OB (at MSRP) or fans of a site that tends to buy their watches elsewhere? I side with the loyal Omega customers.

Just my opinion and good conversation!! :)

CaptDngr likes this.
  19. g-boac Jan 19, 2017

The more I think about this the more I like how Omega handled this, and I'm beginning to think this was the fairest way possible: everyone on the planet (and off, if anybody on board the ISS was checking email) found out about this at the exact same time. Some people may have been sleeping but, other people in same time zone may also have been working night shift. While the announcement was made at 1200 GMT, folks in Europe may also have been in meetings while other enthusiasts in Asia may have been sitting down to dinner and away from computer. At the end of the day, THE INFORMATION was made available to all at the same time. Folks may have learned of the information at different times, but the information itself was available, and actionable, to everybody, at the exact same time.

When you think of the alternative, consider the way the CK2998 LE was handled: there was a somewhat obscure application process at boutiques, screening by local boutique employees based on criteria that at least to us, as enthusiasts outside of the Omega company, was unclear. . .and if you recall threads from that time, there seemed to leave a lot of bad feeling. Such an approach made getting a CK2998 a much more frustrating process that took the joy out of it all.

You really can't get more level than "first come, first served".

Edited Jan 19, 2017
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 19, 2017

3500km from the closest OB,never had a issue with the OB sending stuff.

Will be a phone conversation, wire the money to the OBs account and they will send it addressed to me. The fact Omega sends me the magazine and have sent watches before I don't think it will be a issue.

Would say they have already linked where you are to computer so even if I flew to London I would be assigned to a Australian OB and pay Aus $$