Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2017

They can typically be had for much cheaper too, they're a great option for it, very light too and in spite of that quite strong and durable.

Pun and Bond007 like this.
  2. fskywalker Jan 17, 2017

Already have a spare bracelet ready for it [emoji6]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. g-boac Jan 17, 2017

The 1171/633 is the period correct bracelet for the original radial Alaska III - and awesome that it remains in production today.

*Omega, please restart and continue production of 1039 bracelets!! :)

Travelller likes this.
  4. Bond007 Jan 17, 2017

Thanks for this advice to a newbie. Without you guys I'd probably end up with a Frankenwatch.

That said, someone Photoshopped a Speedy Tuesday with a modern bracelet and to my (non-expert) eyes it looks great too.

5. lillatroll Jan 17, 2017

IMG_0105.PNG
    I was reading a blog called tidsone.no, a norwegian watch forum. One of the posters, who it seems reserved a speedy tuesday recieved the above email. To be clear he does not state emphatically that he reserved one but from the posts it certainly seems that way. Anyone know anything about why such an email would be sent? All the posts are in norwegian, I am not a native speaker but lived and worked there for 16 years and am as fluent as a foreigner could be so I don t think I missed anything.

I am not a member on that site, in fact it is the first time I have come across it, I hope it is ok to post this on here. If not please deleat. If the original,poster is a member here then perhaps he could shed more light on the matter.

6. blokk Jan 17, 2017

Interesting that it's Dear Speedy Fan not the person's name.

7. lillatroll Jan 17, 2017

I am wondering if someone did not confirm the reservation via the email within 24 hours. Might be easy to do if one is getting carried away.

8. Traveler Jan 17, 2017

I'm on the waiting list (I.e. Didn't get in), and confirmation of that was sent to my personal name - didn't look anything like the above ....

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2017

We had 12-14 people here that got in their reservations in the second batch after email confirmations fell through 24 hours after the initial release so it's entirely possible.

10. Davidt Jan 17, 2017

I think 0001 is reserved for the museum. IiRC there are numerous 0000's and these are not for sale display models.

tyrantlizardrex and jepoole like this.
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2017

The 0000's do occasionally make it to market as gifts or just due to not being returned after being loaned or whatever but you're correct there are many 0000s used for press and marketing purposes around the world and they're not considered part of the limited run but rather as samples.

jepoole likes this.
  12. 2nastie Jan 17, 2017

Seems to me he might have been a person who initially registered on the site but didn't complete step 2 of confirming. Or he could simply be an individual who sent an email to the speedytuesday email and "complained" that he didn't get one during the reservation and how keen he is on the watch, etc. and signed it "Speedy fan" to be anonymous and thus the reply back. (all hypothetically speaking... but I can see someone doing that).

13. JohanB Jan 17, 2017

Hello fellow watch lovers,
    Yes - it was me that got this email earlier this day (the Norwegian from Tidssonen) And for all of you that are wondering - of course I confirmed my email. This came out of nowhere and I feel like I´m being witch hunted... I am looking so forward to this release, and could not understand one bit when I got this email. I tried the Norwegian watch forum to see if there were any others - but no.
    My reservation request was approved and I got the email from the CEO with it "signed" and saying I had reserved number 0032/2012. I also notice that some of you point out that since the number has two zeros (00) that it goes to media etc. If that is the case - why did Omega make it available in the first case? I won´t accept that it if that turns out to be true.
    I´ve sent them an email trying to get an answer - and I hope that everything checks out fine. This is a watch I´m looking really forward in getting this summer. If any of you have any questions or might be able to help me in some matter, that would be much appreciated.

14. 2nastie Jan 17, 2017

Welcome to the forums! I don't think any is on a witch hunt. We are all just making hypothetical situations and comparing it to the emails we received and information others individuals have shared.

I don't think you need to be worried, there are a few members here that have received 00XXs/2012.

JohanB likes this.
  15. JohanB Jan 17, 2017

I'm so sorry - that turned out wrong! I don't blame any of you because you have discussed the topic - thats just perfect. I was more thinking of Omega and that out of the 2012 people I feel targeted.

Again - I apologize if some interpreted my message the same. :) I just wanted to express my thoughts, and clarify some details about the email!

16. tyrantlizardrex Jan 17, 2017

There's normally more than one 0000... ;)

17. 2nastie Jan 17, 2017

No need to apologize! Haha :) We are all friendly people here. Just saying we like to hypothesize at times too and wasn't targeting you on our comments.

18. JohanB Jan 17, 2017

As my first post and first impression, I didn't want to insult any member. I know that you're all friendly - I've been reading different topics on the forum for a while, but never made an account until now. I found it refreshing to see that the topic concerning my mail had reached this forum aswell. If anyone has any details they think might be useful - please share!

Now I just have to wait and hopefully I will get a pleasent reply tomorrow from the Omega crew where they state that everything is in order :)

19. jepoole Jan 17, 2017

Well... mmm.... mind blown! ;)

Did not know this, but like I said earlier, I'm new around here. Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 17, 2017

Most 0000 have not for sale stamped on case. Demo models for advertising.

Some slip into the wild over the years.

blubarb and tyrantlizardrex like this.