Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Screwbacks Jan 15, 2017

I am just waiting for omega to reissue a limited 321 moonwatch. :)

2. jepoole Jan 15, 2017

Limited to 321 pieces!! Internet would explode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. blubarb Jan 15, 2017

Don't hold your breath...

4. blubarb Jan 15, 2017

The bottom of the vintage Omega market would collapse as people scrambled to sell off what ever they could to get the $40-50k plus to but one. The only explosion will be your lungs from holding your breath.
    :taunt:

5. fskywalker Jan 15, 2017

Well, Omega does not profit from old vintage private sales, with such a launch they would sale them like crazy! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Screwbacks likes this.
  6. g-boac Jan 15, 2017

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see the calibre 321 return. Not just a limited edition, but a return to regular production.

Additionally, no reason that a dot over 90 bezel and the vintage market wouldn't be compatible. Look at the ST bezel - it looks amazing, and very ordinary in daylight, but it is luminous. No reason you couldn't have a luminous dot over 90 or a ceramic dot over 90 bezel on a reintroduced calibre 321 Speedmaster Professional.

Screwbacks likes this.
  7. semper_shells Jan 15, 2017

This is one of my favorite things about Omega, I can get an amazing watch with a considerable amount of history and culture brand new for the price of a used Rolex. Don't get me wrong, I hope to be able to buy a GMT and a Milgauss one day. But to be able to get a LE limited to 2012 for the price they are charging feels like winning the lottery. This watch has made my 2017 already a great year.

Beefylugs and Riviera Paradise like this.
  8. Screwbacks Jan 15, 2017

anything can happen with omega. it is overdue. im saving up from now on. :D

Edited Jan 15, 2017
  9. rominvicta Jan 16, 2017

fskywalker likes this.
  10. rominvicta Jan 16, 2017

So what happened to "avoid speculators" concept of selling the ST LE over internet? Means speculation over the internet is much easier rather than being able to buy a couple of the same highly sought reference from an OB or AD.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Jan 16, 2017

Only to those who know what a 321 is... and then care enough to want one more than an 861 or a 1861... and then can afford to pay whatever they decide to ask for it... that's a very small percentage of their customer base.

From a business perspective, there's no good reason to revert production from the main movement used in the moonwatch, from the 1861 to the 321... and lots of bad ones.

12. marcn Enough space to say witty Jan 16, 2017

100% agree with you, but pray like mad that you're wrong. :)

I really hope someone in Omega's top brass read these threads. Think what it would mean (in the way of Omega giving a nod to the fans, in the way of demonstrating that they have the ability to do anything) to have the 321 return in a limited run, maybe for Apollo 11's 50th -- nudge, nudge!

Not at all suggesting the effort to resurrect the 321 is in anything like producing a LE like #SpeedyTuesday, but Omega has to have been impressed by #ST's near-instantaneous sell-out, and it sure seemed to have been entirely collector/fan (and speculator) driven.

Otherwise, I'll just take a hand wound master chronometer Speedy. :p

13. BenjaminT Jan 16, 2017

Hi,

as I am in exactly the same situation ... FOIS is on the list for this year and now the Speedy LE is going to hit in summer - may I kindly ask where this information is coming from and how reliable it is?
    I am asking this because the information that the FOIS is discontinued pops up now and than based on misunderstandings of the "numered edition" concept and "numerology".

Thanks,
    Benjamin.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. Clancy Eccles Jan 16, 2017

It's a dealer I trust and they are very involved with Omega in Europe. He wasn't even sure which number he had until he checked but I think there is an ounce of truth to the whole thing, who knows. I can ask for more details next time we speak.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Edited Jan 16, 2017
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  15. Bond007 Jan 16, 2017

I can't pretend it didn't cross my mind to reserve more than my fair share, but with such a limited number and the fact that this watch was specifically designed for (and by!) the fans, it was truly only fair to reserve just one. I'm very lucky to have been able to secure one and will wear it with pride and gratitude to Robert-Jan and the Fratello team.

I do hope Omega only sells one per customer and no one succeeds in gaming the system. That's only fair.

duc, Pun and fskywalker like this.
  16. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 16, 2017

Besides that, I guess the rights of use for this caliber are with Breguet now, isn't it? ::stirthepot::

tyrantlizardrex and fskywalker like this.
  17. omegasaso12 Jan 16, 2017

If I remember correctly I think I saw somwhere on omega page during reservation day where it said: one per costumer or similar.

18. Riviera Paradise Jan 16, 2017

As you probably know Lemenia now Manufacture Breguet is owned by the Swatch group and I believe manufactures calibres for other Swatch brands beyond Breguet. So I don't think that is the main limitation in terms of bringing back the 321 for a future Speedy LE.

I agree with the Cookie Monster that Omega simply have no business reason to bring back the 321 even for a precious metal Apollo 11 50th anniversary special edition, for example. For a XI-50th LE they just need to hit the design right and limit it down to a low no., they can still use the 1861 movement and it will sell based on the Moonwatch legend story.

Omega can always state, as they do on the current Speedy Pro casebacks, that the 1861 movement has been qualified by NASA for spaceflight and EVA, that's good enough for the vast majority of potential customers out there.

I share the dream of a 321 Speedy 50th LE::love::, but I have no realistic expectation of this ever coming to fruition.

19. blubarb Jan 16, 2017

Correct. The tail does not wag the Swatch dog.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  20. munichblue Jan 16, 2017

My OB manager told me that they were instructed to sell only one piece per customer even if the customer has multiple reservations.

tyrantlizardrex and Bond007 like this.