Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. lillatroll Jan 13, 2017

Someone is always going to be upset if an LE turns out to be the "must have" watch and they happen to have missed out.
    The speedmaster is a watch that is relatively affordable as far as expensive watches go, so perhaps this sales method is fitting as everyone had an equal chance to buy one. (Unless you live on the west coast and were catching some zzzzds)

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

Lonestar, GregH, TJH and 9 others like this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

Lonestar, GregH, TJH and 7 others like this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

6. petay993 Jan 13, 2017

7. fskywalker Jan 13, 2017

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

I cut up some of those shots into bite sized digestible chunks. :D

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  9. Puma Jan 13, 2017

the chunk with the applied Omega logo is my favorite

10. petay993 Jan 13, 2017

Fully brushed case:cool:
    Omega would never have done this in a million years without the correct "guidance"

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  11. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jan 13, 2017

Hmm, I think this time was the exception that proves the rule. Most of the time when fans are involved in the process the results are either a hideous amalgam of mis-matched parts (I'm thinking of the forum project watches that smaller brands get involved in), or are nice but ultra-conservative and ultimately uninspired variants of something that already exists (a new color, no date, etc.). I don't have as much faith that the next time this is tried the fan/fans involved will get everything right.

As an alternative, I propose Omega should just keep @Robert-Jan on retainer as a design consultant and let him help on a Speedmaster every few years. :)

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

The old applied Omega logo really needs to become the new applied Omega logo again, so much more elegant and attractive and harks back to their best era

TJH, g-boac, SpikiSpikester and 2 others like this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 13, 2017

And such a easy thing to bring back I would think.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

The way I see it the current Omega logo came in almost at the same time as Omega began cost cutting into that 70s period which was a dark time in the company's history when the focus moved to cheaper watches, quartz and off the shelf movements in generally lower quality watches. Now that the company is back making their own movements and more elaborately finished higher quality watches at a much higher price point it would sort of fit to return the logo to what it was during the glory years that made the brand's name. There's just so much more character and prestige in that vintage logo, I can just imagine it on an Aqua Terra or a Seamaster 300.

Lonestar, blubarb, g-boac and 7 others like this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 13, 2017

They have already done it with this crown, so clearly it can be done, but to convert it all over they would need to have new dies made for everything that is stamped with the current modern logo - would not be cheap. More cost efficient to do it as the old dies wear out and need replacing.

Oh and I have already checked - that crown is not available yet, or the buckle, or the brushed hands, etc. Time will tell if those parts will be available as spares in the normal way, or if they will require the old one sent back in for exchange.

Cheers, Al

16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

Yep exactly
    Omega-logo.jpg

The new Logo always make think of this

00v0v_fIVHoHnEwjN_600x450.jpg

Lonestar and Riviera Paradise like this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2017

If that crown did become available they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough for a while, I think just about every 321 owner would be hoarding them to replace their modern crowns.

Riviera Paradise and Archer like this.
  18. fskywalker Jan 13, 2017

Thanks for headaup Al! I would love to get my hands on the dial and hands to put them on an FOIS !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lonestar and Riviera Paradise like this.
  19. jepoole Jan 13, 2017

Same thing happened with me. My OB was texting and emailing me asking me to send them screen shots of the process. Going to stop by OB this weekend and talk to them about it and see if they have any additional information. If I have news to share I will let you know.

Usually after Baselworld the OB gets a day with the new prices (most are the museum pieces). Last year I was able to try on the 0/1970 Snoopy Watch. I'm sure 0/2012 Speedy Tuesday will make it's way around the various OBs.

Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.
  20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 13, 2017

Well, good luck with that...

Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.