Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2017

Maybe you in a Batman suit :whistling:

2. petay993 Jan 12, 2017

This email is being sent to people that specified "other location" for their collection preference.
    In my case in the UK the only options were London OB's and I am from up north so I went this route and sent an email today to the address listed on the reservation confirmation asking that I collect at my local AD in Manchester where I have a great relationship with the team and make all my Omega purchases. I received a nice personal congratulatory response an hour later (as well as the earlier stock response) stating that they will work with me to organise this and be in touch in a few weeks by email to sort out the details.

I spoke with my AD Manager today and they were well aware of the uproar over this launch, they had been trying, unsuccessfully, to acquire some pieces throughout the day.

fskywalker and Riviera Paradise like this.
  3. Travelller Jan 12, 2017

OMG - just noticed that for the first time... :whistling: I would have said "oh, sh...?!?" but I asked myself why RJ would've chosen to go polished* and then it dawned on me that it fits better to the applied logo. :thumbsup:

*Then again Id say they actually look brushed to match the case finish... but I could be mistaken... :unsure: As for the applied logo, pretty sure it's polished - look at the reflection of the chrono-seconds hand...
    [​IMG]

4. marcn Enough space to say witty Jan 12, 2017

Yeah at the time I posted that </inner monologue>, I hadn't yet read that the Minute/Hour/Chrono-second hands were brushed and not polished. Any watch that I can tell time at a wide range of angles gets a :thumbsup: from me, and I'll be interested to see this LE in person at some point, just to file away in my brain whether or not the brushed texture causes a drop in legibility. It's a stunning LE, and I especially love the applied logo.

IMG_9549.jpg

5. khunpepe Jan 12, 2017

one of these is going to be in Thailand

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 10.48.40.png
    Travelller, Tintin, Andy K and 3 others like this.
  6. shichinin Jan 13, 2017

I managed to secure one on 11th after six hours of refreshing. At some point I was tired so used a chrome add on to refresh the page every 5 seconds. I managed to reach 4 different numbers and chose the one I like the most. I let the other three go like letting a fish go after you cought it. Well considering the complete process, it was fun for me and can not wait for summer to see the watch in persone.

Travelller, fskywalker and Bienne2998 like this.
  7. Scepticalist Jan 13, 2017

How on earth did the AD think they were going to acquire one of an edition that's already completely reserved? The whole point of the exercise was that it was promoted and sold via social media without AD involvement. Surely Omega would have smelt a rat if an AD tried to reserve some?

Edited Jan 13, 2017
  8. petay993 Jan 13, 2017

Yes I thought it was a little odd, I am calling in to the store on Tuesday to have a chat, coffee and a look at the Tourbillon they have on display (not buying!)
    I will ask about their attempt to purchase and report back, possibly it may have been individual employees although it didn't come across that way at the time.

Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 13, 2017

No OB will have these. All allocated. Robert-Jan can not even get another.
    Anyone that picks one up from now on will be a lucky camper........

Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.
  10. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 13, 2017

I guess there could be a further online offer when those that can't or wont cough up the cash back out of their orders when they get the call/email in 6 months or whatever but there is also possiblity at that point the unsold numbers may get put into the ADs so they may well get their hands on some at that point. The watch may already be sitting in the dealers safe at that point so it would make sense for them to be given the option to retail them. I do hope this doesn't lead to any unscrupulous dealers trying any monkey business to get hold of stock. 'Oh he didn't answer the 5 second phone call so he must not want the watch, I will sell that out the back door for $8,000'

11. Davidt Jan 13, 2017

I wonder if there'll be any funny business when people unknown to OBs show up to collect.

Pure speculation, but if it follows the Snoopy price trend, I wouldn't be surprised to see OBs offering a higher priced watch as an alternative for the intended recipient, in order to free up the Speedy Tuesday for a loyal OB customer.

12. jepoole Jan 13, 2017

IMHO, you are looking at this backwards. Making this LE available directly through Omega (and not an AD) they are trying to grow their OB business. Without getting into the grey vs AD vs OB debate, Omega clearly wants to increase the traffic, and more importantly sales of their boutiques. Sometimes paying MSRP at OB gets you other perks, and perhaps Omega is going to pull out the red carpet for their new customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riviera Paradise and lando like this.
  13. Riviera Paradise Jan 13, 2017

I don't think this is at all likely.

The OB can only sell the LE at MSRP to the "desired/favoured" customer, so they would have to offer another watch at a hefty discount for someone who is willing to give up the LE reservation. I can't see Omega HQ being happy with this at all.

Another point is that the whole objective of the Speedy Tuesday initiative was to initiate a transparent and fairer process for LE reservations. Backroom dealings will devalue the savvy social media open/transparent marketing that Omega were looking for with #SpeedyTuesday

14. lando Jan 13, 2017

If I were Omega I would do it like that ("red carpet"). Hey, I own 10 Omegas, already. But they were all used and mostly vintage, when I bought/got them. I have spent a lot of money on them, but only CHF 130.00 for an EOA went to Omega. What better can happen to them, than me starting spending the big bucks @ Omega?

If I was in their situation, I would appreciate that...

Edited Jan 13, 2017
    Ree and Riviera Paradise like this.
  15. Davidt Jan 13, 2017

Yup, I get all that, but didn't @tyrantlizardrex already say he'd been contacted by a boutique for a quick probe?

I hear what you're saying, this is an opportunity for Omega to try and get the vintage/online brigade into their boutiques - hopefully that's how it pans out. I can just see it from the other side; loyal OB customers kicking up a stink because they spent tens of thousands in their local OB and expect to be kept in the loop and looked after for things like this, yet here they are, without a Speedy Tuesday because they all went to people on the Internet who've never spent a penny in a boutique (like me!).

16. Riviera Paradise Jan 13, 2017

I am one of those OB repeat customers and I have purchased six modern Omegas + OEM straps all at my local OB totalling almost US$50K in the last three years.

I would consider it completely unethical if I were to suggest to an OB sales rep that someone else give up their #SpeedyTuesday reservation for me, just because I have a purchasing history with my OB. If I had missed out on the Speedy Tuesday reservation, I would just patiently wait with my name in the subscription list.

Lonestar, g-boac, Travelller and 8 others like this.
  17. Puma Jan 13, 2017

18. jepoole Jan 13, 2017

Bingo! I'm new to the Omega world, and when I bought my first Omega at the OB they treated me like I was a VIP... champagne, took photos, etc etc.

Agree 100%. This watch is a "special" watch namely because they are trying a new marking approach. I totally understand why some loyal customers are upset. (Was talking to the manager of my OB and he said many of their clients keep calling begging for one.) I'm sure come June many will slip through and those on the waiting list will get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  19. 2nastie Jan 13, 2017

If you are close to your OB, I wouldn't hesitate to just go down there and put a face to the name per say.

I went down yesterday to look around and see the new moonphase during my lunch break and I casually mentioned the Speedy Tuesday as a conversational piece and as soon as I said I was lucky enough to reserve one the sales got really excited and began telling his story of how he was too late and didn't get a chance. He then ran over to the Boutique Manager and she came over and began to chat. Showed them the different screen shots of the process. According to them they were completely in the dark and the formal process/direction has not been received by them on how to proceed next. Just briefly mentioned how many allocations were sent to them (I couldn't quite catch the part). I further left down my name, number, business card, etc (they said it was on file from this online process?) and as soon as they know anything further to contact me... they actually recognized my name from before as I had previously added my name for the Snoopy (yes, all sold out but during summer 2016 they had a brand new 2008 Alaska Project LE randomly in stock so it i guess why not).

Anyways, I found it kind of fun cause I became the person answering the questions.

The manager did mention they typically get coronation/sample pieces in and hopefully they will get a 0/2012 or whatever it maybe for me to try on.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  20. blokk Jan 13, 2017

semper_shells likes this.