Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. jepoole Jan 11, 2017

I've been in contact with my OB, but I'm also friends with the manager. I sent him a text at 6:00 am when I reserved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riviera Paradise and omegadave like this.
  2. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Honestly, it would've been nice to know that there would be a "special announcement at 3am Pacific / 6am Eastern / Noon GMT+1 from Omega."

I would've put it on my calendar, ensured I was awake no matter how sick I was, and nailed it. True enthusiasts would've done this.

But random unexpected surprise announcements like this definitely catch enthusiasts off-guard, and favor folks in appropriate timezones. For example, if I was in Europe? Golden.

3. jzzmusician Jan 11, 2017

I've been hitting the refresh button for two days. I guess I'm out.

4. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Yeah, I've resolved that's the boat I'm in too.

Waiting for the payments to be due is a chance, as noted above. But honestly, how do I know when that day will come? :) I'd like to put that on my calendar, but I suspect it'll catch me off-guard as well.

And so, like a fool who doesn't know when to quit, I'm going to continue refreshing on my phone whenever I can.

Perhaps I'll get lucky tonight / tomorrow morning.

5. jpizzzle Jan 11, 2017

Long shot, but maybe a member local to you who decides to back out would allow you to take their spot when payment is due...

CaptDngr likes this.
  6. lillatroll Jan 11, 2017

I have been contacted by a OF member asking if he could take my slot if I decide not to buy it. I said yes- It certainly can't hurt to ask.

CaptDngr likes this.
  7. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Ah good to know that this might be an option. :D

I'll take it from anyone here who decides not to go through with it... in ~6 months, when these start to roll out. :)

semper_shells likes this.
  8. flw history nerd Jan 11, 2017

I'll be happy to relieve anyone here of the crushing burden of anticipation and financial worry as well :rolleyes:

9. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Indeed!

I consider it a charitable event. ;)

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  10. semper_shells Jan 11, 2017

With all the buzz surrounding this watch I honestly feel like I won the lottery getting the pre-order. The crazy thing is being in VA we had a snow day and I was woke up by my 4 year old son cause he had to pee. I saw the notification on my phone and the rest is history. I will go on the record and say that if I somehow fall into financial ruin and cannot afford to buy it when the time comes I will ensure someone here gets a chance to get it.

11. 2nastie Jan 12, 2017

Perhaps I should call my local Boutique tomorrow just to confirm their procedures, etc. (OCD kicking in).

I sent an email to thank Omega on day one as a courtesy and appreciation. They replied right away congratulating me and that they have further confirmed my order. And even added a further note as to make sure I got the 2nd confirmation after clicking the 24 hour button. They received it but wanted to make sure I got it as well.
    ^That service makes me appreciate it even more. Adds a comfort given the disclosure regarding availability in bold on all their emails.

Edited Jan 12, 2017
  12. Pun Jan 12, 2017

I too got their replies within minutes but the language of the mail made me wonder if they were all auto generated mail responses nothing personal in them.

13. 2nastie Jan 12, 2017

I'm sure all of them were generic.

However, I personally emailed their contact email and received a response from a gentlemen there. He actually went to check my order, verify its there, and added a quick line to make sure I received the two generic emails for my own records/confirmation. All I did was send an appreciation email to say Thank you to them. You answered our calls as collectors and can't wait until I get the call in the summer to strap it on officially.

14. CaptDngr Jan 12, 2017

OK, I'm calling it a day/night. Been refreshing since the wee hours of the morning. Lots of folks on here (10+) got lucky. I didn't. :(

Glad some OF'ers managed to squeeze in though!

Cad290 and Lonestar like this.
  15. gbh76 Jan 12, 2017

Some people have asked if we should worry about the small print regarding no guarantee of reserved watch/serial number being available for sale.

I can't believe they will not honor the vast majority of reservations, unless of course you go on a forum, post your assigned serial number and say that you won't be keeping it and ask for "any offers"...

Pun and Lonestar like this.
  16. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 12, 2017

yup... exactly.

btw looks like the OP has removed his "any offers" comment from the original post... ;) Hopefully this means it was just sarcasm... or that he sold it already :D

17. gbh76 Jan 12, 2017

Given that more than likely part of this launch is an "experiment" by omega into social media/e-commerce and marketing it is naive to think that omega won't be closely monitoring the internet/forums etc to gauge how it has been received by consumers!

18. blubarb Jan 12, 2017

This is not some unique, innovative idea by Omega is it, I thought Moser and Ball have been offering Fixed price only LEs online only for sometime?

19. gbh76 Jan 12, 2017

It's new for omega, and as such I would expect their marketing dept to follow the reaction on forums/social media etc very closely to gauge effectiveness and customer reaction/perception.

If I worked for omega and saw people posting on forums their reservation number and asking for offers I would simply cancel their order.

Equally whilst I understand the reasons for the 12GMT launch time, given the initial reaction from west coasters and Aussies they could very easily have ensured that unconfirmed orders after 24hrs were made available preferentially to these markets.
    One of the advantages of social media etc is that organizations can adapt and react quickly to such feedback

20. Just Livin Jan 12, 2017

I took up my option yesterday. It was on a 24hr reservation request invite.