Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Riviera Paradise Jan 11, 2017

Relax @Bushido...you can be rest assured that these watches will be available in a few months after many reservations do not follow through. Who knows, if Omega shoot themselves in the foot and launch a Speedy 60th LE in SS at Basel 2017 the drop-out level could be significant. Heck, even a Railmaster might make some reservations fall through, the Heuer Autavia re-issue...the list goes on.

I was going to buy a FOIS in 2017, but the Speedy Tuesday ticks off more boxes I believe. For my collection I think it will complement my Apollo XI-45 nicely: it has the Hesalite crystal and a more traditional Speedy look, with tool / vintage watch looks.

For some reason I could never warm to the standard issue Omega Speedy Pro: too much clear white on the dial printing, hands etc, although I appreciate that it is extremely legible with this setup. Perhaps that is why the vintage Speedies with patina look much more attractive:)

Jwit, Bushido, CaptDngr and 1 other person like this.
  2. flw history nerd Jan 11, 2017

Exactly what happened to me ... right down to the pathetic part. :unsure:

CaptDngr likes this.
  3. semper_shells Jan 11, 2017

I chose for them to arrange pick up at a retailer that is closer to me as the nearest location is 3 hours north in the DC area. I will make the drive if I have to but if I could pick it up locally that would be awesome.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  4. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

To be honest, if I was a flipper looking to hoard, sending different people in each time won't be a problem.

Just myself, with minimal effort, I could pull off no less than 6 watches.

semper_shells likes this.
  5. Riviera Paradise Jan 11, 2017

I would make each pick-up reservation contact have to pay at the OB so at least each "mule" would have to use their own credit card to pay and receive the watch. Not a blocker I know, but it starts to get messier for the hoarding flipper

Davidt likes this.
  6. Davidt Jan 11, 2017

Yep. There are plenty of dealers on IG proudly showing off their acceptance confirmation. I'm sure some will add it to their collection, but you just know others will be flipping for a quick buck.

Kinda hope the arse drops out of them once released and paid for to leave prospectors out of pocket.

CaptDngr and Riviera Paradise like this.
  7. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Agreed. But even that, I can easily overcome.

I fully expect to see a bunch of these show up at GM dealers in the summer. A lot of these guys source from Europe/Asia, and the launch time was perfect for those regions. I wager more reservations went there than to North America.

8. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Indeed!

9. pianomankd Jan 11, 2017

Anyone else nervous about the fine print at the end of their confirmation emails?

We do not guarantee that the assigned or chosen limited edition number or any reserved watch will be available for sale.

I mean, that sucks. If they decided to give everyone a different number, it wouldn't make any difference to them. Kinda has me nervous about the whole thing....Plus, I've seen some people post that they have already been contacted by their chosen boutique, but I have not received any call.

.....ah, nvm nvm, this is just my anxiety kicking into high gear as I've never been this excited about a new watch, let alone one with an LE number that means something to me!

10. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

I'm still refreshing like a fool. Despite saying I'd quit hours ago. :D

Riviera Paradise and cicindela like this.
  11. 2nastie Jan 11, 2017

Have people been contacted by their respective Bourtiques? Haha, I haven't received a call either. All I've read is boutiques or "certain individuals from there" are trying to contact people who reserved one and trying see if they would give it up to some of their preferred customers.

The advertisement just seems to say sometime in the Summer is when we get the call. Honestly, I seriously hope those being contacted are for the purpose of helping confirming they received the reservation via Omega Bienne and are looking forward to meeting a new customer and delivering that watch, etc.
    I like to think the best of people but with low allocations and Omega's disclaimer, I would hate to find out that those who actually went through the online reservation and are genuinely interested to be the end-user of the watch doesn't get it... Instead they get a "I'm sorry, Omega has to reassign the watch or it is unavailable" but later find out its on someone else's wrist because it was the Boutqiue's preferred customer and there was some meddling around.

PS: Shouldn't the Boutique in this scenario be an outlet for the company, they shouldn't have too much input other their service and delivery. Omega Bienne should be in the drivers seat per say.

12. g-boac Jan 11, 2017

The best thing about the matte case. . .REALLY IS an UNPOLISHED watch!!

Edited Jan 12, 2017
    Cad290 and Ree like this.
  13. jasonrchua Jan 11, 2017

Is it possible if Omega Bienne will ask us to deposit a downpayment with our local boutique for our reservation? Or Omega will never ask any payment without the watch being there? My bottom line is just for us buyers to secure our reservation even with disclaimer note.

semper_shells likes this.
  14. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

I've been in touch with two OB's. One mostly just to tell me "Sorry, I know you didn't get one because if you did you'd have already contacted me." :(

15. fskywalker Jan 11, 2017

No contact in my case from Omega Boutique...

Everyone is talking a lot about the watch, which is awesome, but the leather rolling case is great as well! The boxes get stored away (in my case) but that leather case would not! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. GalaxyGuy Jan 11, 2017

I would like them to please take down the reservation page so I can stop refreshing... ::facepalm1::

17. scbr215 Jan 11, 2017

Closest OB to me is in Roseville CA. I am hoping that I actually do get mine and that fine print is just a formality of sorts....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

18. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Hahahaha. Me too.

I'm still refreshing every few minutes.

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 11, 2017

At this point you're unlikely to see any more pop up until payment is due I would imagine.

20. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Yeah, I suspect that's the case.

But, a part of me won't let me stop. What if 1 random one pops up during the evening? Or after midnight? :)