Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. jepoole Jan 11, 2017

9/13 is your anniversary?? I will trade you if you can find 0408! ;-)

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 11, 2017

I missed out on my son's birthday as well (0215). So I went with mine. Probably best, as it makes the watch more divorce-proof :D

3. Travelller Jan 11, 2017

No, I'm afraid that's the state of affairs at this point. I am not sure I agree with Omega's "reserve without (down-) payment" policy... .
    If someone changes their mind between now and June then it could very well be the Speedy goes to some other Boutique customer instead of you and the many others still hitting the refresh key...
    Not that fair imho... :unsure:

4. jepoole Jan 11, 2017

Agreed! They should have asked for a deposit. But maybe they are not setup for online ecommerce on their site (yet)?

Travelller likes this.
  5. patmoon89 Jan 11, 2017

This may be for another thread....but if anyone has 0328, I would love to trade with 0725!

Robert-Jan and semper_shells like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 11, 2017

While I don't know what method those will be handled with, I wouldn't be overly surprised if they simply were vacated and made available again online at that point. This is the first time there has been an online offer of this type so there will undoubtably be careful attention paid to it and I'm sure they will continue to optimize the process.

At this point between the thread and people who've asked privately there's still around 24-26 people here that wanted one but didn't get a reservation but I'd imagine those people will still have a chance around the time payment is due, there may still be 1 or 2 more that trickle out from confirmation emails expiring but I'd say those are pretty much exhausted by now.

Travelller likes this.
  7. 2nastie Jan 11, 2017

I'm not savvy with this, but perhaps something is preventing Omega from taking deposits from an e-commerce basis. Especially in the US where they can't sell direct to the customer (i.e. as simple as the Extract from Archives when it's not even competing with any stores).

While on the West Coast some individuals didn't even get a shot from a timing perspective, imagine if they decided not to even reach the US market by accepting deposits. The fact that money exchanges hands (be it deposits) "counts" as a sale. And of course, how it ultimately effects demand simply by asking individuals to fork over money right away.

Travelller likes this.
  8. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Going to give it another hour or two before giving up for good. I'm surprised I'm not banned for DoS'ing Omega's website with refreshes.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  9. semper_shells Jan 11, 2017

I agree. As a sneaker collector this a similar issue. When LE releases come out there has been an increasing number of scalpers which takes the fun out of collecting. I can promise that this Speedy being my first will be worn proudly and will never be sold.

Robert-Jan and zizou73 like this.
  10. lillatroll Jan 11, 2017

I think it is a difficult problem to solve in a fair way, perhaps they could have done it by allocating an equal amount of watches to each continent. Any left not watches that are left within a certain period could be moved to another continent. I am not sure how easy this would be to actually do but if possible it might be a solution.

I wonder how many would have been ordered if a deposit was required, Basel World is just around the corner and there might be some wow watches there. On reflection, if I had been asked for a deposit I think I would still have ordered one, but if something pops up in March that I like more then I would probably go for that one.

The most important thing is that a similar situation to the Snoopy release is avoided where some people bought multiple watches which they then sold on for more money. I think that is a real shame for those who really wanted to have that watch in their collection.

Travelller likes this.
  11. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

We don't know for sure though. I mean, can't you reserve with multiple email address, variations of your name, mutliple shipping addresses?

If someone wanted to hoard these for flipping later, it isn't impossible.

12. blokk Jan 11, 2017

Wonder what's the % of people successfully reserving today...

kkt likes this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 11, 2017

Probably not that high but about 10 people here got in today.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  14. LiquidSolid Jan 11, 2017

GRRRRRR... no luck at all for me. I seem to be chasing low probability events these days ::censored::

If anyone doesn't want their allocation (I know.. but it's worth a shot!), pls let me know... many thanks!

semper_shells likes this.
  15. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

Still trying. Like an idiot. :)

16. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

It's been weird, though. At least every two or three refreshes, the page doesn't fully load. Either it's stalled on a server side response (perhaps checking to see if a slot is available), or I'm being throttled somehow.

I'm only refreshing every few minutes, often with 15 minute breaks in between.

I do feel pathetic, though. :eek:

17. ScottyCameronNut Jan 11, 2017

Tired to secure one of these yesterday but was late to the party.

Great looking watch and one I will be after in the future!

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  18. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 11, 2017

Keep trying buddy... don't give up :)

19. Bushido Jan 11, 2017

You are not alone good sir! I was refreshing since waking yesterday morning and up until about midnight PST and then again starting at 8am this morning.

Behold my fields of luck and see that they are barren!!

CaptDngr and Riviera Paradise like this.
  20. Riviera Paradise Jan 11, 2017

I had to inform an Omega boutique for pick-up during my reservation process. I am surprised they did not make that a general restriction for all reservation.

I know this would be unfair with those thousands of KM away from the nearest one, but from a business perspective you would want to direct the watches to locations where you will likely have repeat customers at the OBs after this initial sale + grey market flippers would have to have multiple staff going into the boutique to pick-up each hoarded watch.

semper_shells likes this.