Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 1, 2018

Yes it does rather suggest that those on the wait list for the ST got one mail, talking about being in the front of the queue for the 2018 edition and those who are still awaiting delivery (yes there are several) got another suggesting they would be informed but perhaps be second in line for the 2018 edition. This does sound fair but I bet there are plenty who are pretty jaded now after the delays and in a few cases quality let downs.

SouthernScot likes this.
  2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jan 1, 2018

IF you decide to play this « reservation for a watch nobody knows if and when it will be produced and delivered » game again.
    Not sure... :cautious:

MaiLollo likes this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

Perhaps this will be the much anticipated 50th anniversary Speedy.

Gedelix likes this.
  4. JesterP Jan 1, 2018

I got the same email this morning. Nice to know someone cares that I missed out. Im thinking Apollo 8 limited edition?

5. SouthernScot Jan 1, 2018

I was on the waiting list and got that email too but I already have my ST whereas some people who made the original allocation still haven’t received their watches, so not entirely fair. Still probably for most people yet another LE in 2018 is irrelevant anyway, now 2019 that’s a different matter! LOL!

Gedelix likes this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

Is it unreasonable to think that a 50th anniversary would be released the end of this year or does that go against LE release history?

7. Riviera Paradise Jan 1, 2018

Very unlikely based on past history, Omega launches LEs during the anniversary year and normally at Basel. Omega will certainly want to milk the Apollo 11 50th throughout 2019...I foresee LEs both for the Speedy Pro 42mm in SS and PM as well as some sort of LE based on larger 9300/9400 based calibres. I think many of the XOSTM watches could also become METAS certified, moving to the 9400 calibre.

2018 will of course have some sort of new Speedy LE, but I for one have not intention of pulling the trigger and will wait till 2019 to add the 50th to my XI45th and ST LEs. For me to purchase any new Speedy LE before 2019 it would have to be a meteorite dial of some sort and equivalent or superior to the Souyz LE.

I got a slightly different e-mail from Raynald this morning.
    -----------
    Dear Speedy fan,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

There's an upside to waiting for your watch to arrive… how sweet it feels when it's finally yours!

Almost all of the #SpeedyTuesday watches have now been sent and the remaining watches will be on the wrists of their owners in January.

We can also tell you that 2018 is definitely going to be another Speedy year. You'll be among the first to know.

Thank you again for supporting OMEGA in 2017.

Best wishes to you, your friends and family.

I wish you a wonderful 2018.

Raynald Aeschlimann

OMEGA President and CEO

Ω OMEGA SA
    -------------

Theognosis and Longbow like this.
  8. Cacam Jan 1, 2018

Where do I sign up for these emails?!

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 1, 2018

I guess you guys don’t catch-up on your threads before posting :rolleyes:, I had already posted the Omega New Years message back earlier this morning :D

STANDY and Cacam like this.
  10. Longbow Jan 1, 2018

Maybe it’s something completely different; wasn‘t NASA founded and operational in 1958? That seems like a pretty significant event to me.

Ott69 likes this.
  11. JesterP Jan 1, 2018

Cacam likes this.
  12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

You posted the one for those who got the Speedy Tuesday, I posted the one for those of us who hesitated, or were still asleep, and were left languishing on the waiting list. I have no explanation for @Riviera Paradise posting his.

13. JesterP Jan 1, 2018

I just think there could be a few interesting ways of using the apollo 8 mission patch. Possibly a stunning cashback of the 8. Whoo knowwws

14. CdnWatchDoc Jan 1, 2018

I also got an email, but noticed right away it was a different format that the one I received from Omega stating I was on the wait list. I tried to connect through a search on Firefox, and it warned me that this wasn't the official site. I also see that that the wording of the email is different for different folks...I think this is a scam. Either Omega or Fratellowatches has been hacked and emails harvested. Be extra cautious about anything coming from Omega.ch.
    This has been your first PSA for 2018. Thank you

STANDY likes this.
  15. Riviera Paradise Jan 1, 2018

Two key reasons:
    1. I drank too much champagne last night.;)
    2. Based on previous posting history, all messages from Omega ref. Speedy Tuesday have been posted here...so I can invert the question and ask why the hell did @cicindela post somewhere else in the OF::bleh:::D

Edited Jan 1, 2018
  16. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

Did you not see his post directly above mine? I guess the answer is your response #1.

17. Riviera Paradise Jan 1, 2018

Drank more champagne this morning;):D...early dementia setting in LOL...yep should have read the thread:rolleyes:

STANDY likes this.
  18. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

I'm going with Bloody Mary's this morning. I should be in great shape in a few hours.

Linzer likes this.
  19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 1, 2018

Too much partying
    [​IMG]

efauser likes this.
  20. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

Did you make this or where did you find it?