Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. SouthernScot Dec 28, 2017

Just arrived back home after collecting my ST. Really pleased with it, looks even better in the metal. Please excuse picture quality, taken quickly on my iPad.

E70206A0-9C2F-4EC9-88F2-F04069B4A35E.jpeg BFBF43D4-5F38-426F-8306-1D9B583C3AE2.jpeg

I’m feeling really fortunate at the moment having picked up two new watches in a week, the wait has certainly been worth it!

2. time_trax Dec 28, 2017

I suspect I'll share the same sentiment when mine eventually arrives, but I have currently lost ALL patience with Omega on this watch. Month after month of delays, excuses, quality issues and now "express courier" shipment has turned into two weeks - without ANY update. #firstworldproblems, I know, but this is beyond infuriating.

3. kwiklot Dec 28, 2017

Yeah I think you guys have had a lot of patience when reading through this thread, it' a fantastic looking watch though I'm sure it will all be worth it .

4. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Dec 28, 2017

SS - Glad to see you've got it! I've only recently received mine and am still especially enjoying ownership. I wonder if, like me, the wait in the end added to the occasion? We've had nearly a year out of this! What with the complaints about the reservation process and people missing out, then the various takes on people looking to flip or 'sell' reservations, several months of moaning about the delay, hints of quality issues, early examples of flip trading values, etc, it's been quite an entertainment. If it had all worked with the 'supposed' Swiss efficiency, untroubled and on-time, it wouldn't to me have felt anything like as satisfying as it was to collect it in November and see that in the flesh it's every bit as good as I hoped. I also feel that in the UK at least the price was favourable and with no increase imposed over the delivery period, Omega has been more than fair, particularly as we did not have to lodge a deposit when making the reservation. The wait also gave me time to properly ponder on what to do with it, and I believe enabled me to come to the best option - to present it to my eldest in the hope that he'll start seeing what we like about Omega in preference to the (many) Swatches on which he's so far been focused.
    AdDSC_0003_00001cropped.jpg

5. SouthernScot Dec 28, 2017

I didn’t have to go through all the traumas of waiting as I missed the reservation and had to go on the waiting list. I really did not expect to be offered a watch so forgot all about it, apart from getting very envious when they started to be delivered.
    I only heard on the 8th December that I was top of the list and a watch was available,only three weeks later and I have the watch.
    I did have to go through all the waiting and slipped dates on the 60th Speedy which I ordered not thinking for a moment that I would end up with the ST as well!

frazierspa, rohnin and red crowned like this.
  6. Travelller Dec 28, 2017

Day one~348... ::popcorn:: ...day 349... ::yawn:: ...day 350... ::psy::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

frazierspa, MCG555, Lou P and 12 others like this.
  7. kwiklot Dec 29, 2017

Is it normal to want several different watches, all at the same time after buying your first one? Lol

8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 29, 2017

I believe it is abnormal not to :cool:

frazierspa and Traveler like this.
  9. Bayreuther Dec 29, 2017

wrist1.jpg For a guy with big wrists (21 cm) and no experience in this price segment, I have been very satisfied with the service offered to me by the Omega Boutique in KaDeWe, Berlin.
    When the leather strap that came with the watch was too small (the last hole was a stretch), they offered a free replacement and exchanged it with an similar, albeit longer version. While I was waiting for shipping I bought a 1711 bracelet, which they installed for me with a free extra link included, as the bracelet was also a bit too small[​IMG];)Now I am a very happy camper, as the leather strap looks and feels great.
    wrist2.jpg
    Maybe it looks a bit tight in the photos, but as usual the ideal hole would be somewhere in between two holes and on one hole wider, it slides around too much[​IMG];)

watchme, Bushido and Travelller like this.
  10. kwiklot Dec 30, 2017

It does look a bit tight, but then again it should ease with a day or two of wear. As long as you are happy.

Bayreuther likes this.
  11. stesil66 Dec 30, 2017

Got mine yesterday, in the flash it's just gorgeous! I immediately swapped strap :

DSC_0500.JPG DSC_0496.JPG DSC_0495.JPG
  12. Vanallard Dec 31, 2017

Stunning! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Travelller likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 31, 2017

Lucky bastard !

Day 355 and still waiting for the OB to contact ( did get the Australian Omega CEO contact via phone 3 weeks ago saying soon :whistling: )

Travelller and watchme like this.
  14. RJwatches Dec 31, 2017

Mine has arrived :)
    373A95B3-A6F6-4892-A523-6A61B38D8641.jpeg

frazierspa, Toishome, Lou P and 4 others like this.
  15. SouthernScot Dec 31, 2017

I’ll bet you think all the waiting was worth it now!

RJwatches likes this.
  16. Travelller Dec 31, 2017

All the best to you and your crew for 2018! :)
    [​IMG]

17. Travelhomedad Jan 1, 2018

Happy New year!

8433098B-B795-4D46-AA63-C8030CBA471D.jpeg
    frazierspa, Jking, Toishome and 5 others like this.
  18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 1, 2018

Speedy Tuesday
    Today at 4:44am

Dear Speedy fan,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

There's an upside to waiting for your watch to arrive… how sweet it feels when it's finally yours!

Almost all of the #SpeedyTuesday watches have now been sent and the remaining watches will be on the wrists of their owners in January.

We can also tell you that 2018 is definitely going to be another Speedy year. You'll be among the first to know.

Thank you again for supporting OMEGA in 2017.

Best wishes to you, your friends and family.

I wish you a wonderful 2018.

Raynald Aeschlimann

Raynald Aeschlimann

OMEGA President and CEO

Ω OMEGA SA

[email protected]

*******************************************************************************
    This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
    information which may be confidential. If you are not the intended
    recipient please do not read, save, forward, disclose or copy the contents
    of this e-mail. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please delete this
    e-mail and any copies or links to this e-mail completely and immediately
    from your system. We also like to inform you that communication via e-mail
    over the Internet is insecure because third parties may have the possibility
    to access and manipulate e-mails.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
    except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
    The Swatch Group Ltd.
    *******************************************************************************

frazierspa, Travelller and Longbow like this.
  19. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

Just got this. Must be the email sent to those of us who snoozed on Speedy Tuesday.

Dear Speedy fan,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As a way of saying thank you for your support in 2017, we'd like to place you at the front of the queue for our exciting new Speedy to be released this year.

Whether you're a new owner, or on the waiting list, we know you're a passionate Speedy fan and you're going to love our 2018 edition.

Thank you again for supporting OMEGA this year.

I wish you, your family and friends a wonderful 2018.

Raynald Aeschlimann

Raynald Aeschlimann

OMEGA President and CEO

Ω OMEGA SA

Longbow likes this.
  20. Linzer Jan 1, 2018

Which you can get in 2019 :D

demollo, Smspectre, RJwatches and 2 others like this.