Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 1, 2018

efauser likes this.
  2. Chris King Jan 1, 2018

"[W]e'd like to place you at the front of the queue for our exciting new Speedy to be released this year." & I'd like you to do so and grant you unreserved authority to make it happen. Now does this mean I don't have to get up at 3AM and start mindlessly refreshing?

hanky6, Travelller and jberb55 like this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 1, 2018

It sure as hell better mean that.

Chris King likes this.
  4. time_trax Jan 2, 2018

As a recipient of a STLE (and not a waitlister), I really hope this is true for you guys, however, based on almost every official communication from Omega regarding my STLE, I have my doubts that they will follow through with this. IMHO, Omega completely mishandled the distribution of the STLEs all while perfecting the art of the obfuscating information and issuing vague promises. I really hope they learned some hard lessons with this release and make a concerted effort to correct them if they ever do another online-only limited edition release.

5. Travelller Jan 3, 2018

Picked up my 1171/633 yesterday. Although I LOVE ::love:: the ST & 1171 combo, those 633 end-links are going to drive me mad!!! ::rant:
    Anyone here attempt to mod the curvature of the 633s to properly seat the ST... ?

[​IMG]

6. Riviera Paradise Jan 3, 2018

Wow, that is the best Speedy Tuesday bracelet photo I have seen!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congratulations @Travelller!!!

Travelller and Alex06 like this.
  7. Travelller Jan 4, 2018

Are you sure? :unsure:

:D
    [​IMG]

Thank you for both the compliment and "congratulations" - as with 99% of ST owners, I'm very pleased and also agree that it was worth the (350 days) wait... :thumbsup:

8. Riviera Paradise Jan 4, 2018

I meant second best, of course...:whistling:

:D

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Robert-Jan should be PMing you right to now to request authorization to use these pictures on Fratello.:)

Travelller likes this.
  9. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jan 4, 2018

That shot should be on the Omega site. Changed mine off the 1171 today, your pic makes me want to change it back already.

Travelller likes this.
  10. Travelller Jan 4, 2018

So very kind :)
    So... what's the back of your lugs look like... ? ::popcorn::

11. Maganator Jan 4, 2018

Does the 633/1171 combo damage the lugs?

I thought that it was just the modern bracelets that did that?

12. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jan 4, 2018

Very scratched, really not ideal to keep switching from the 1171 and back again. Nothing that concerns me though to be honest, I bought the watch to wear and not baby it.

Riviera Paradise and Travelller like this.
  13. Travelller Jan 5, 2018

As it should be. :thumbsup:

Still, I'm happy I got a few pics off before installing my 1171/633... ;)
    [​IMG]

14. Travelller Jan 7, 2018

Sunday - time to sit back, relax and enjoy a really good read! :)
    (Moonwatch Only - 2nd Ed.)
    [​IMG]

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 7, 2018

My AD did not touch a single thing. Even came in the UPS box . This AD was thoroughly trained by the local Redbar group, RedbarMSP and they know better. They present the watch materials, untouched, bow their heads and then take a step backwards. :rolleyes:

rohnin and Travelller like this.
  16. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 7, 2018

When I got the call from Omega UK to say my watch was in the country, I requested that all the packing materials be retained. I wasn't really expecting this message to be passed on as I am sure the boutiques and ADs have their own protocols but when I went to collect, the watch was presented in its coffin in the stickers with tag and I was given it just as they had received it. They confirmed that head office had requested this for the hand over. The staff were very keen to see the watch so we had a good look there and then but it hadn't even been taken it out of the plastic coffin as far as I could see. I was pretty impressed, the comlimentary glass of fizz helped the mood too. The Birmingham Omega boutique is actually run by Signet Group (Leslie Davies, Ernest Jones etc) but on the 2 occasions I have use them have never given me reason to think the level of service is lacking vs an in house boutique, if indeed such a thing exists.

Travelller likes this.
  17. rsoonerdad Jan 7, 2018

Wow! very nice, what is the price range?

18. DonovanMartin Jan 8, 2018

I see these pop up on an online auction site. I guess they are worth it. What do you love the most about the Speedy Tuesday?

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 9, 2018

Had a chat with the Omega CEO in Australia ( David nice bloke ) my watch is in the OB in Sydney ready to be sent out.
    Said he will throw some goodies in and ship it for free.

We even chatted about the 2018 speedmaster watch to be released. ( the email we all got :whistling::whistling: )

20. Maganator Jan 9, 2018

Can you share any of the info?