Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. rohnin Dec 12, 2017

It was the OB in Beverly Center, Los Angeles.

He didn’t wear gloves, and touched everything (note: I had told him beforehand to make sure everything was untouched). I even asked what kind of drinks, and champagne wasn’t mentioned. I just am very particular about my boxes so it was brutal how he took everything apart. I mean, I have hands and I am there to unbox my own watch carefully!! Now I don’t know how everything was supposed to be oriented originally, either. It’s upsetting, the more I think about it.

First world problems I know. But still

Travelller likes this.
  2. Just Livin Dec 13, 2017

Mine apparently available next week. Am in 2 minds. Timing sucks pre Xmas and another tax bill. Great :(

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 13, 2017

Got the phone call from Omega on the 5th ( to a phone sitting in the corner of the Kitchen in Australia ) whilst in NZ with work. Get home on the 11th lunch, Mrs standy tells me at 20:00 about message from omega :eek:
    Try to ring in the morning, phones off, leave detailed message......
    Ring the next morning and all sorted nearly at the OB ( know that's not the same as at the OB ) so not long.........

frazierspa and Travelller like this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 13, 2017

Remember, Crocs are famous for their love of timepieces. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Travelller likes this.
  5. Travelller Dec 14, 2017

I'm rather OCD myself and I wrote to my OB and asked them to please present me the box - exactly as received from Bienne (or more likely from the regional Swatch-Group center). I clarified to them that I was a collector and as such wanted everything including the cardboard shipping box. I figured it was worth a shot and was pleasantly surprised to get almost-immediate feedback from the director of the OB assuring me they understood and would respect my wishes. :thumbsup:
    Of course that was ahem, MONTHS AGO... so no telling if they will remember our "conversation"... I will find out soon enough ::popcorn::

frazierspa and rohnin like this.
  6. amcogrady Dec 14, 2017

I've just received the call from the OB. Hopefully collecting tomorrow! Finally!!

frazierspa likes this.
  7. Shibata Dec 14, 2017

I really wish I didn't miss the boat on this one :(

8. rohnin Dec 14, 2017

There are over 30 listed for sale on Chrono24

9. time_trax Dec 15, 2017

Watched the "Speedmaster Chronicles" yesterday with Mr. Broer and he said there are over 7,000 people on the waiting list:
    https://monochrome-watches.com/the-speedmaster-chronicles-2-robert-jan-broer-speedy-tuesday/

My guess is that once all the deliveries are made and the secondary market dries up (*cough* flippers *cough*) these watches will be harder and harder to find. If you want one now you better pony up.

frazierspa likes this.
  10. Fabollse Dec 15, 2017

My AD sent a big box to me and the watch was absolutely not even inspected, I had the luck to smell the Biel air from the beginning.

Later got a mail from AD ” Im on vacation so the box from Omega was shipped directly from us to your adress as it was, hope its ok with you”

Thats what I call untouched ::bleh::

Travelller, frazierspa and rohnin like this.
  11. rohnin Dec 15, 2017

Not fair!!

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 15, 2017

I had mine frozen in Swiss Glacier ice then placed in liquid nitrogen before being flown directly from Bienne.
    Used the ice to make drinks for my friends.

DG GW, Travelller, STANDY and 2 others like this.
  13. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 15, 2017

When I went to pick up my #ST, the first thing they said at the OB was they had unpacked it so they could ensure all was in order. I was so miffed that I was not the only/ first one to touch it that I could not sleep that night until I went to bed.

Travelller, frazierspa, Tet and 4 others like this.
  14. drhex Dec 16, 2017

Wonder why you all worry so much about the unpacking - it will have been touched aplenty in Bienne. You wouldn‘t want it to grace another customers wrist for show of course. Also, if you get it delivered in the box as intended by Omega it will have been touched as boxes and watches are shipped separately.

Watchmutt, Ree and cicindela like this.
  15. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 16, 2017

Hi @drhex

What happened to me was i think a little worse but I cant argue ( you will see later) ..... @BlackTalon pointed out they unpacked from the shipping container as it was shipped from Bienne. You are correct @dehex the OB want to present the watch as it should in its retail box and "stuff"... That is not what I wanted as a collector going to get my ST... The OB took it out of the internal shipping containers ... and repacked it into the retail box etc... in the process the OB decided you dont need these stickers... outer shipping box .... in my case the hang tag ...etc... most was thrown away before it made it to the show floor to present to the Owner...

I was not in a position to argue with the OB as I was lucky enough to be called from the waiting list ( it does work !) ... But it did take a little of the spring in my step when I left the store...

And yes when I told them I would take the watch on the phone, I asked please keep all packing materials and they said no problem. They did not have the same understanding that I did ...

In the end I got my ST.....

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

16. Intime Dec 16, 2017

I was also too late for the initial online release but I was able to find one in the UK. The ST is now on it's way to me and should arrive Monday. Fingers crossed.

17. rohnin Dec 16, 2017

I’m in another thread where someone said it might be possible to purchase a new package at the OB so I’ll ask my OB tonight!

18. beppetuesday Dec 16, 2017

My Tuesday ;)

IMG_0595[1].JPG

Mad Dog, Pibbow, Shibata and 7 others like this.
  19. amcogrady Dec 17, 2017

Collected mine today, superb watch! Staff in OB Regent Street were great

Travelller likes this.
  20. brownwld Dec 17, 2017

Boom! I managed to buy myself a pre-owned ST for a reasonable price, superb... DHL should knock on a door on Tuesday (coincidence? I dont think so!! :) )
    Cant wait to compare the watch with my 60th ann speedy.