Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. hotwheels Dec 9, 2017

Very lucky,!!!!!!

2. Teunan87 Dec 9, 2017

Received it last Wednesday. Definitely over the MOON:

IMG_2722.jpg

3. hotwheels Dec 9, 2017

Looks great on the leather strap

4. shutterlife Dec 9, 2017

I was pulled from the waiting list as well. As we get closer to all the watches being released and the resale price has dropped, I’m not surprised. People are either not longer interested or picked up a different watch or spent their funds elsewhere. However, once all the ST have Ben delivered, we may see an increase with those on the waitlist no longer able to secure a watch through the system.

5. N1CK Dec 11, 2017

How many, like me, are still waiting with no news of shipping?

6. Raybar Dec 11, 2017

here bro

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 11, 2017

All we can really say with certainty is, most have been delivered, many have not. :)

8. N1CK Dec 11, 2017

Omega just emailed me to say mine will be issued in January.

Any others also contacted?

Delay is said to be down to a caseback engraving issue, and so a new caseback needs to be engraved.

Seems a bit of an odd reason to me, given the known issues are all with production the dial.

Sad by the news as after the disappointment of not received the watch for my July bday had been hoping for it as an Xmas present. Oh well, not the end of the world.

9. BLAUGRANA Dec 11, 2017

Sadly I think I'm too far down the list to get one of these. They only went through the OBs right?

10. time_trax Dec 11, 2017

Have you seen details pictures of the inside and outside of caseback? Check them here:

https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-speedmaster-speedy-tuesday-limited-edition-pictures/

That swirl pattern with engraving over the top looks to be fairly complicated. The whole design isn't even centered in the pictures of that watch. Something like that - which we would probably never see (or care about) - might be viewed differently by QC. Wonder if that is what was flagged in QC with yours?

Travelller likes this.
  11. N1CK Dec 11, 2017

You've lost me there, what swirl patterns over the engraving? Thought the only engraving that differs from the normal is the wording and LE numbering.

12. time_trax Dec 11, 2017

On the inside of the caseback. See the series of swirled circles? Notice how the larger circle created by all the circles is not centered?
    upload_2017-12-11_12-36-45.png

Travelller likes this.
  13. time_trax Dec 11, 2017

Again, as a normal owner (ie: one that never services their own watches or even takes them apart for that matter), you'd never see that detail. But I wonder if QC saw that and flagged it which then triggered the remake?

14. SouthernScot Dec 11, 2017

Just had confirmation today that a Speedy Tuesday is being sent to my AD in Winchester for me this week and that my 60th Speedmaster has arrived. Pity I am in Vienna until the weekend, it’s a hard life!

Pibbow and Travelller like this.
  15. N1CK Dec 11, 2017

Honestly I can't believe that would ever be a QC issue. It's purely superfluous decoration that nobody but the Omega service team will ever see..

16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 11, 2017

You are correct , it is not.

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 11, 2017

No, you could/can arrange to pick them up at any Omega Authorized Dealer.

18. silversnopy13 Dec 11, 2017

What OB location was this? I have been to 8 locations including the only one that I buy from. All of the locations have taken very good care of me including giving me champagne and Godiva chocolates. I have also gotten plenty of swag from the locations like hats, lanyards, pins, pens, etc... All of the Omega personal that I have dealt with wear gloves, are very professional and mindful of the watches during the transactions, and make sure that I am well taken care of.

Travelller, rohnin and cicindela like this.
  19. time_trax Dec 12, 2017

Yeah, I was just guessing at what could possibly be the issue with so many casebacks like they've stated in their emails to many of the last remaining fans. What is it then? Someone drunk when engraving our numbers?

20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 12, 2017

Actually, yes, though not the drunk part :D. Yes poorly engraved numbers.