Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. shutterlife Dec 2, 2017

Be glad they didn’t give your watch to the next person on the waiting list. That’s how I got my Speedytuesday. After two weeks of calls and emails, the watch went to me.

2. Meanjohnbrown Dec 2, 2017

The integrity of the waiting list is a bit of a joke. There appears no relevance or logic as to who gets called. People are being called in to collect an ST on the wait list who registered one or two day after it started??

I registered within 30 minutes of the list going up - and no I have heard nothing from Omega. This is seriously frustrating and questions the integrity of the list. If there is no integrity then it would have been preferable for Omega to just not start a list. It is really poor expectation management. Paying lip service to a queue just makes you think - justifiably - that you are being taken for granted. In simple terms the purpose of the wait list appears to be to extricate the email address of WIS people for marketing purposes.....

In the real world I managed to source the watch through the forum - through fellow member KLB - at list. Really nice to meet KLB at the central London OB to pick up the watch. Subject to a an unsolicited, well intended and well deserved champagne case to KLB (he genuinely wanted nothing for swappng out the watch) it showed what a great and generous forum this is. KLB could have made £1,000 - £1,500 hundred on this watch but he chose not to: I recall Pun and TyrantLizard have been similarly generous passes.

3. casavova007 Dec 3, 2017

Another hunt is on now

4. joe3nyc Dec 4, 2017

Interesting, I got the same email saying my caseback didn't pass.

Travelller and Pibbow like this.
  5. JoRiHa Dec 5, 2017

The waiting time is over! Got an e-mail telling my will leave factory at Dezember 15th via express. Should not take more than one day from Biel to Munich... :D

Travelller, Raybar and Maganator like this.
  6. Pibbow Dec 5, 2017

Me too! She I won't be back in the UK to pick it up until early January.

7. joe3nyc Dec 5, 2017

I win!!!

I was emailed by the president of Omega telling me that my watch has entered QC, and will be shipped December 29th!!! I think I have the last one. So mine should arrive mid Jan 2018.

8. time_trax Dec 5, 2017

A lot of people (including me) got the "December 15th" email. You're the first I've heard with the 29th. Sad yours won't make it for the holidays but good to know it's on its way! I feel bad for all the folks that are traveling and unable to collect theirs in a timely fashion. Who would've thought it'd be over an entire years wait for some.

9. joe3nyc Dec 5, 2017

I am not to happy about it. I was told my serial number was unacceptable, so they had to re-engrave it.

10. texasmade Dec 5, 2017

So you're going to have number 2012?

11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2017

Did they give you the option to take delivery as-is?

12. joe3nyc Dec 5, 2017

No, my number is set at 19XX. It will probably be the last one out of the factory. Numbers were randomly delivered, so I have no idea when 2012 was shipped out.

13. joe3nyc Dec 5, 2017

No option. I wouldn't be interested anyways.

14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2017

Ah, okay. I misinterpreted your post..

15. jrrs Dec 5, 2017

Hi everyone,
    I was so excited to take delivery of my Speedy Tuesday today (ironically on Tuesday)... one quick question that i haven’t been able to find on searching this thread and OF: are all the red cards for Speedy Tuesdays stamped with “Omega Boutiques USA”. Thanks in advance. Just getting into Omega. Got my first modern one in October (Speedy Pro hesalite) and as the bug has bitten me, couldn’t pass up the opportunity, even at a premium, to add the Speedy Tuesday.

frazierspa likes this.
  16. rohnin Dec 6, 2017

Proud owner here!

A small rant about the purchase experience at the OB. I’m very particular about the boxes and the manager who took it to me just manhandled the box, everything felt so rushed. I was there probably 10 minutes and this was the first time I didn’t get offered even a glass of champagne (just some water).

Note to boutique people: don’t touch customer property without asking, and let us enjoy the experience of unboxing ourselves

Edited Dec 6, 2017
  17. griz84 Dec 8, 2017

I also have this issue with my ST. Not expected till January now I’m told...

18. Raybar Dec 9, 2017

Very sad that no email for me.. seems like i will be the last one..... :thumbsdown:

19. hotwheels Dec 9, 2017

Great Idea
    what boutique?

20. SouthernScot Dec 9, 2017

I have not been on this thread for some time, since I missed out on the launch day reservation and went on the waiting list (without much hope of getting one). I have watched with envy the Speedy Tuesdays appearing on WRUW today. To get to the point, yesterday I received an email from Omega saying that my name had reached the top of the waiting list and a watch was available for me, has anyone else had this happen to them recently, I really thought they were all gone long ago.
    Of course on the rebound from failing to get the ST I made sure I ordered the Speedy 60th, which has not yet arrived!
    I will keep you informed of developments.