Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. tyrantlizardrex Nov 30, 2017

I didn’t buy the watch to make a profit, I bought the watch to keep, and wasn’t able to.

Not “saw I could make profit must sell” unable to, but “I have no money” unable to.

This is what happens when you go from a high 5 figure salary to a 4 figure busting your arse off freelance income... run that through your head for a moment before you throw around too much mud.

Did I make a small profit above the retail? Yes.

Did I get the market that these sell at? No.

The guy who bought it from me offered a price he wanted to pay, and I said yes.

A chunk of that went to charity (Movember).

The bit of extra I got to keep, which as I say, means I get to pay my mortgage this month.

All that “profiteering”, and all I have to show for it is not getting kicked out of my house by the bank, no savings, no stocks, and a lot less watches than this time last year.

Man “profiteering” feels so good. ::facepalm1::

Ps. Thanks for taking the time to find me on Instagram, screen grab a piece of a thread, and post it here with comment. It can almost feel your indignation, rage, and joy at getting to call me a hypocrite. Well done you.

Edited Nov 30, 2017
    frazierspa, rohnin, jayhawks and 9 others like this.
  2. Maganator Nov 30, 2017

It is a great cause - just made a wee donation @tyrantlizardrex

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Nov 30, 2017

Thanks Magnus. :thumbsup:

Maganator likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Nov 30, 2017

Given that he signed up in the summer, and has used his account to only comment on posts I’ve written, I think he’s a troll.

Or as another member has suggested... someone’s second identity.

Actually, I think he’s something else, but Forum rules prohibit personal attacks...

Edited by a mod Nov 30, 2017
    Riviera Paradise and amcogrady like this.
  5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 30, 2017

Binned!

6. Raybar Dec 2, 2017

Just wonder.. am i the only one still waiting? November is gone..

7. Pibbow Dec 2, 2017

Nope, and Authur emailed me this week to say my case back has failed QC so will have to be remade and engraved!. I leave for Canada tomorrow (Sunday) and won't return until mid January so I may be the last. On the plus side my 60th anniversary is ready for me to collect today!! So that will calm the disappointment a little.

Raybar likes this.
  8. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Dec 2, 2017

Months ago I took care to e-mail the Boutique I was to take delivery from, indicating that I was expecting them to keep the watch ex-factory packaged and especially not to unpack it and 'show' it to other customers - this 'my' Boutique readily agreed to and said they understood why I'd not want other people handling it. I feel that the OB you mention has been very remiss in how they have not followed similar practice, as evidenced by you having the opportunity to photograph the watch. I wonder what the prospective owner thinks of this?

9. griz84 Dec 2, 2017

Probably just overwhelming relief that the damn thing has finally arrived ;)

Joking aside it’s not really on without the owners permission

10. Tik-Tok of Oz Dec 2, 2017

That’s a good point and I empathize with you about them not following your simple request.

Although, I can’t speculate as to what other owners might feel.

Perhaps they unbox limited edition watches to try to combat resale as bnib.

11. Tik-Tok of Oz Dec 2, 2017

Fair enough, I’ll take the post down.

12. tyrantlizardrex Dec 2, 2017

They shouldn't be doing that... and certainly the OB staff I've talked to in London have told me they were asked to present the watches to customers in the plastic shipping "coffin", and allow the customer to open it.

But then, as we know, there is zero consistency in the Omega retail experience as you travel around the globe ;)

Tik-Tok of Oz likes this.
  13. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Dec 2, 2017

Just for clarity - 'my' OB - Bluewater, UK - DID comply with my request. (Indeed, I was just being super-cautious as I'd expect that any retailer should take care with pre-sold products prior to delivery. There is no case for a retailer to assume the anti-flipping role you suggest).

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  14. Tik-Tok of Oz Dec 2, 2017

Then Omega needs to be more consistent in its policy regarding how these LE’s with no deposits taken to hold them, are managed by their stores.

15. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Dec 2, 2017

Not to make too much of this, but I'd say that taking care of goods prior to sale is a matter of standard good practice for any retailer and is not relevant to brand standards. It is the local management of the site you visited that should be ensuring this sort of thing does not recur - it's not the fault of the manufacturing house.

16. Raybar Dec 2, 2017

Wow!! Congratulations on your new 60th anniversary pack! Enjoy!

17. Tintin Dec 2, 2017

On Nov. 1, I emailed Arthur and he confirmed that my ST already left Switzerland for Thailand. It figured it will be several weeks for it to arrive. I closely watched my emails and calls to my phone since the reply from Arthur. I have also visited the boutique and left my phone number for them to call me as soon as it arrives. By Dec. 1, no one from OB has contacted me.

I finally contacted my friends wife who happened to be Swatch Group country manager here in Thailand. She confirmed that my watch arrived since November and that someone tried to call me but I didn’t pick up. Within an hour, I got a call and email from Omega Thailand for me to pick up the watch.

There’s no way I missed any calls since I was on the look out for the call. Also they did not try to email me even though they have my address on file. Had I not contact my friend, I wouldn’t have know that the watch has already arrived. I’m quite disappointed in the way this has been handled. Why no emails?

At least the watch is here. Planning to pick it up on Christmas Day after my international trip.

18. casavova007 Dec 2, 2017

WOW, I would have to make room for it .

19. casavova007 Dec 2, 2017

It's a lucky number. Congrats!!

20. casavova007 Dec 2, 2017

Yes, for sure