Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 11, 2017

Oh I am sure everything is subject to small print, did you see the bit about your reservation and chosen number being subject to cancellation? In any event, there would likely be a lot of angry people if they did mess about with the pricing so it will likely stay put but then there may also be buyers elsewhere in the world who will wonder why the asking price in USD currently corresponds to around £5,370 when us Brits can buy it at £4,100 including 20% VAT meaning that the ex-VAT price is actually nearer £3,400. A big difference!

sensui likes this.
  2. lando Jan 11, 2017

I have just made reservation for one of the crumbs that fell off the table :).

3. SteveHarris Jan 11, 2017

Perhaps it's why the set the price fairly high to take in to account any currency fluctuations?

Steve

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 11, 2017

Congrats! :thumbsup:

lando likes this.
  5. fskywalker Jan 11, 2017

Just helped a friend to get one! Keep refreshing as some may show up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. speedamatuer Jan 11, 2017

I've managed to pick up one of the dropped reservations as well. Yesterday morning I had absolutely no intention of buying anything new in the next few months, and yet here we are...!

Edited Jan 11, 2017
  7. 2nastie Jan 11, 2017

Congrats to everyone who pulled the late night or early morning and got their!

Side note, we can't really compare between countries let along continents. The price is reflective on the market research price and one that typically involves local demand, duty, import fees, local taxes, etc. We sit here as if the particular good is not going to an end user but flipped instead and to another country (although some circumstances yes as we are are a global market in the "second hand" area), but when an authorized store or manufacture sells something it's always designed on what that particular end-user and consumer in that market can bare.

Same goes for other goods. The MSRP of a luxury car (Ferrari, Porsche Mercedes) in Asia, Europe, Australia is a lot higher than North America due to the above. I also tend think that because of it, North America usually get some "discounts" compared to the world on various items while also being charged more on others.

dsio, Riviera Paradise and Lonestar like this.
  8. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 11, 2017

It's still not as bad as in Asia - where if you don't offer at least 50% discount, you don't sell... :whistling:

9. jepoole Jan 11, 2017

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, but thought it was time I jumped into the madness and say hello! Been in the market for a Speedmaster for a while, and was going to wait a little longer for a possible 50th moon landing LE, but when I saw this one I had to jump.

I feel like I already know al to of you, but it was finally time for me to introduce myself. :)

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 10.15.51 AM.png
    duc, Travelller, Robert-Jan and 9 others like this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 11, 2017

Welcome to OF mate :thumbsup:

jepoole likes this.
  11. Ewellblue Jan 11, 2017

Hi all, also a long time lurker. Managed get to get on at 12.30 this afternoon and get my name on this list!
    Been saving for the DeVille hour vision blue face but looks like that's going to be put on the back burner for a while!!

Edited Jan 11, 2017
  12. jepoole Jan 11, 2017

I was about ready to pull the trigger on the new Master Co-Axial Planet Ocean, but like your DevVille, it will have to wait.

13. sensui Jan 11, 2017

Was too tired when I got it to go through for posting...but at 4:20am here at west coast us I got one refreshing all throughout day yesterday since 8am with no success and finally after thirty min of refreshing after waking up in the wee hours it landed. Thanks to all for information and support.

Travelller, Pun, lando and 4 others like this.
  14. GalaxyGuy Jan 11, 2017

I've been trying since just before 6am with no luck so far... :-(

15. GalaxyGuy Jan 11, 2017

Congrats, by the way!!

sensui and dsio like this.
  16. CaptDngr Jan 11, 2017

I have no idea why my luck is so bad. I refreshed from 3am to 5:30am Pacific. Nothing.

I'm still refreshing now too.

Congrats to everyone who got an allocation today!!

17. GalaxyGuy Jan 11, 2017

I think it is just that...luck. Apparently I have none. :)

18. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 11, 2017

Ah, now I know who snagged my anniversary date ::bleh::

Welcome, and congrats on landing one.

dsio likes this.
  19. Travelller Jan 11, 2017

I'm in! Love it! ::love::

Robert-Jan & crew did a great job coming up with the selected Speedmaster-base (Alaska III / Ref. 11003 ) and the mods to the original. The Reverse Panda is a nice move and with the supplied NATO strap, a reall awesome combo :cool:

And now, the wait is on... ::popcorn::

Robert-Jan likes this.
  20. flw history nerd Jan 11, 2017

Likewise ... refreshing constantly, for hours on end. Absolutely nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if my work network is blocking something.

In any event, congratulations to those who got one.