Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

In this context, can you tell me what this means: „I was told if one came available they would put me forward for it and..... Voila“?

Either there’s a waiting list (with FCFS principle) or not. When the decision is with local OBs, it’s all nonsense!

Anyway, I’ve got my ST and don’t want to argue with you nor make you bad feelings. I just feel sorry for all guys on the waiting list hoping for their luck when there’s obviously no fair play.

Edited Oct 21, 2017
    watchme and fskywalker like this.
  2. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

I'm not arguing in a malicious way nor am I being hurtful. If I've caused you to feel bad then please accept my apology.The statement means.. Yes, there is a waiting list but that doesn't mean it's chosen numerically, it's basically a group of names of people expressing interest in the piece I hope you enjoy yours for many years to come

munichblue likes this.
  3. JoRiHa Oct 21, 2017

If the OB or the Boutique decides, the richest men gets the ST, not the real enthusiast!

fskywalker, N1CK and BenjaminT like this.
  4. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

These items are high end pieces and therefore appeal to people with money, for the enthusiast and watch collector on less extravagant budget there are many fantastic pieces available to suit all pockets,

5. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

I do understand what you’re saying, but then they should call it an interest- not a wait-list. Do you know what I mean?

To the moon likes this.
  6. BenjaminT Oct 21, 2017

This Sir is snotty and smugly. No sympathy from my side.

7. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

I'm not looking for sympathy.... I'm too rich for that ;)

8. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

::facepalm1::

Travelller, R_Ongjoco, lando and 4 others like this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2017

Yes it does, Omega stated that there would be one waiting list and people would be notified of available watches in the order they signed up on the list on the website. Omega has moved refused watches long distances from refused customer locations to new locations where a list registrant can pick it up

10. BenjaminT Oct 21, 2017

Im curious, is this a fact based observation or an assumption based on what they communicated?

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2017

Observation of a few cases known. People have also been told not to get their hopes up as they were low on the waiting list

12. demchocholips Oct 21, 2017

Not cool to be smug about advantageous treatment over others on the waiting list. Just saying...

13. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

Ask any AD about their so called lists and they will laugh, also, if you read Omega's terms and conditions on their Speedy Tuesday page they reserve the right to modify their terms and conditions at any point, right or wrong it's the way it is, just as it's the way it is that they decided to sell this piece online when surely the reason people love these pieces is because of the mechanical side NOT electronic, most horological collectors love mechanics so don't spend a lot ofintrest in computers, so this kind of goes against principles, unless you belong to a forum where you can be notified or bumped but maybe that's unfair too????

14. Danlondon Oct 21, 2017

So do all mechanical watch lovers communicate via pigeon or something? Just because I love my mechanical watch doesn't mean that I can't love the fact that Omega is experimenting with selling watches online (which only makes it easier for people who really love speedmasters to get their hands on a great LE, like the Speedy Tuesday, rather than allocations being filled up by rich people with a great connection to a boutique). Boutique's should not be turning their backs on the official - numbered - waiting list, especially for a watch that is meant to give back to the community of speedmaster enthusiasts. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much Omega can do to prevent this, which is a shame.

15. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

Can't remember the last time I saw a mechanical pigeon? I also don't understand why this makes it easier for the purist?? When all it really does is gives a curtain for the flippers to hide behind. You will also find that it's not how rich you are why you get more LE or desirable pieces but it's how many pieces you buy. So this means the more you flip the more profit you make, the more you buy, the more you flip, the more profit you make....the more you buy! Get the picture???

16. PeterMizzi Oct 22, 2017

Stunning watch unfortunately I missed out on mine :-(

17. drhex Oct 22, 2017

Don’t think anybody at mothership will check the receipts- if the OB/AD has a no show they can just give it to a good customer or notify central. Would be surprised if that didn’t happen.

18. To the moon Oct 22, 2017

That's not good, I totally sympathise with you but don't give up hope. You never know...

19. To the moon Oct 22, 2017

Apparently all rejected pieces are returned to HQ....but like everything who knows Omega like many others have some strange ways and you will never please everyone

20. Riviera Paradise Oct 22, 2017

Even BenClymer seemed peeved with the wait time...on Friday Live Ep 21 he mentions his "Speedy Tuesday finally arrived"..."it took long enough..." LOL...6:54 below
    Friday Live:

Travelller and Fabollse like this.