Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. griz84 Oct 21, 2017

These are all good points. If they were all released at the same time it would go some way to discourage flippers as the market would be saturated and the prices commanded would be lower for these guys.

Surely there would be a better chance of these watches landing with people who would appreciate them rather than with those trying to make a dollar of them if they were release in one batch.

2. BenjaminT Oct 21, 2017

We will never know exactly, so this is all speculation. But I tend to disagree in this specific case. There are 27 of them on C24 which I think is rather plentiful given the limitation and a significant number not yet delivered. Prices start at €7000/US$8200. This maybe is a good margin for our brexiteer friends flipping but not so much for everybody else.
    I can't read the psyche of the people on the waiting list - but given the amount of involvement here and on FB I don't think demand is very strong among these. This would have been entirely different if Omega had managed to get the watches out while the hype was still hot IMHO. Now it is one of several LEs trickling into the market which dilutes the development of prices. I don't think the market is saturted because of ST but due to the overall number of LEs. This would have been better if one had become available after the other. First the ST. Then the anniversery models. Then the Cernan and what ever is in the pipline as well.

3. Mopet Oct 21, 2017

I really like this white/grey rally strap - altough it's not a 1/1 match to the brushed case neither to the subdials;
    [​IMG]

And yes; #gotmyspeedytuesday

sensui likes this.
  4. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

Guess what I've just picked up from my OB after 2 weeks of walking in and purchasing the trilogy and just mentioning I was gutted about missing out on the ST. The store staff and manager said if one came available they would let me know, which I took with a pinch of salt....... OMG would you of guessed it :) somebody dropped out and.......:whistling: happy daze !!!

image.jpg
    sensui, Tet, Smspectre and 3 others like this.
  5. mpcdude Oct 21, 2017

Mine landed in Singapore after a long 10 months. Finally!

IMG_1039.JPG
    sun_devil, Lou P, sensui and 9 others like this.
  6. Linzer Oct 21, 2017

Are you saying that you were not on the waiting list and your OB managed to get you one? I'm glad that you're one of the lucky ST owners but it may upset quite a few people for a good reason sitting on the waiting list since January.

shutterlife, lando, N1CK and 5 others like this.
  7. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

Loving it on the Bond-NATO. But I could literally swap straps, bracelet and NATOs every day. The ST looks so amazing on so many bands …:thumbsup:

25DA77ED-A4D8-45E0-9AD4-5216C4BE878E.jpeg

sun_devil, Ssunnylee24, Lou P and 9 others like this.
  8. Fabollse Oct 21, 2017

Hi guys got mine last July and went straight away to the safe and She has been their since.
    Its still in its plastic case never Opened but I did take a picture.

Now kind of worried if there are any QC problems [emoji37]

Can you see anything?

Br FB IMG_2507.JPG

9. sun_devil Oct 21, 2017

Picked mine up last night!
    IMG_8433.JPG

Lou P and sensui like this.
  10. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

Don’t be such a wussy, unpack it, remove all stickers and post a new picture. Then you’ll get an answer to your question. :cool:

Travelller, N1CK, Tet and 3 others like this.
  11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2017

Yes your watch clearly arrived with the dial upside down and the crown on the wrong side!

frederico, shichinin, drhex and 5 others like this.
  12. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

I was on the waiting list, when I made my other purchases we had an in depth discussion about my collection and the fact that I don't spend a lot of time on the web and missed out on the piece but sub sequently had gone on the waiting list. I was told if one came available they would put me forward for it and..... Voila

13. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

IMG_3387.JPG
    Mmmmmmm

munichblue likes this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2017

Happy for you , but still doesn't change facts that there are many people on a waiting list for several many months .
    However if you too have been on the official waiting list as well, then you deserve it.

DavidJuch likes this.
  15. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

Yeah, I agree but if I was to focus any negativity or
    anger it would be to the non collector or non passionate purchaser who jumped at the chance of making a quick buck by pushing a button then pushing a few more buttons on eBay taking full advantage of the non vetting purchase. Where as I feel it should be a more personal ordeal when purchasing any piece especially one which maybe a collectors piece. To which it should be down to the AD to decide if your in it to enjoy or exploit! I do feel very privileged, but also I believe things happen for a reason and maybe it's a reward for the years of collecting and investing in beautiful pieces and small parts of history

watchme, drhex and cicindela like this.
  16. demchocholips Oct 21, 2017

Asking prices on the secondary market are starting to dip below USD8000. I think this is creating a quandary for the casual flippers who reserved the ST and are awaiting delivery. There is risk they won't be able to flip for a profit. Hopefully, this leads to cancelling of reservations and allocation of watches to true enthusiasts.

sun_devil, Pun, N1CK and 5 others like this.
  17. Fabollse Oct 21, 2017

Thanx guys [emoji6]
    Think the unboxing is near

18. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

Let us know…

19. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

The point why so many people are upset with stories like this is, that the waiting list should be managed by Omega HQ in Biel and not at local Omega Boutiques.

20. To the moon Oct 21, 2017

Totally disagree with that as the Omega HQ do not know individuals and rely on feed back from boutiques and have faith in their judgement, and fyi the boutique only recommends and has to wait for HQ approval for any ST potential buyers of of the waiting list and as is with all waiting lists in this industry it makes NO difference when you put your name down ! Try purchasing a steel ceramic Daytona for Example....