Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. tyrantlizardrex Oct 20, 2017

I've heard from a few places that 20-25% are still to come.

Perhaps it's time for Omega to stop pretending they're a top flight watch brand.

They're middle of the road, and that's cool... they need to bring the prices back down and stop pretending to be something they're not.

I'm sure that's a SWATCH management decision, but in my eyes it's a stupid one.

Because if you're going to tell the world you're awesome, you sure as hell better have something to back it up beyond the multi-million dollar advertising and marketing spend.

2. yinzerniner Oct 20, 2017

Honest question - are all the delays from "email notification" to actual retail delivery in Europe / UK? For whatever reason it seems to me like the US and International / Non-EU based Speedy Tuesday customers all received theirs or at least confirmation that their pieces are ready for pickup. While there are a few isolated incidents of manufacturing defects, maybe Swatch group decided to keep the defective pieces which needed extra QC for their EU customers since the customs/duties/shipping times are shorter and less complicated, but misjudged the the time required to rectify the errors?

Just spitballing here, and absolutely in agreement that the constant delays without open communication are unacceptable, but at least it would make sense to have delays rather than recalls.

3. sun_devil Oct 20, 2017

I'm located in the US and haven't heard from them since 10/2.

4. Riviera Paradise Oct 20, 2017

Hey Chris, I can understand your frustration and I am not defending Omega's significant screw up, but I think the issue here is Omega trying to please everyone and every taste. This strategy might generate short term sales, but is at the root of all their problems: excessive qty of SKUs and range of products, confused marketing around product range, brand weakening from value retention perspective, product development to manufacturing QA issues.

Their main competitor Rolex would never have reached out to a community of watch product fans to develop a specific LE like the ST. We on the OF were all thrilled when they did...but perhaps we are expecting too much as they go through their growing pains? Omega's range of product and product development (vintage inspired Railmaster 38mm case size -> 45.5mm Planet Ocean Big Blue etc.) means they will still have significant QA and supply chain issues.. We all know they need to slow down, but I think it will take a bigger screw up than the ST for an effective wake up call within SWATCH.

5. tyrantlizardrex Oct 20, 2017

Yup... the biggest issue, from where I'm standing is that no one within the company at a senior level seems to give a damn.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2017

Once again, Notified watch on the way Sept 19. No watch as of yet. Central USA.

7. tyrantlizardrex Oct 20, 2017

Bad news Steve, Cindy Crawfords kids have your watch... they were last seen wearing a mix of white and pastel shaded clothing, frolicking in the Malibu surf...

8. Maganator Oct 20, 2017

I never understand why companies over promise on a project like this. Would anyone have batted an eyelid if, when the reservation process took place, they said they will be here by December 2017? I wouldn't.

What has annoyed me about it all is that they are sending them out in dribs and drabs - meaning you are seeing people who go theirs months ago happily wearing theirs - or happily flipping theirs. You see people on the waiting list getting a watch before those on the actual list have gotten theirs (I am not having a go at those who have received their watches this way - all power to you), it is just a frustrating position to be in if you are still waiting.

I think it would have been much better if they had waited until they all were ready and sent them out at once - everyone would get theirs within a few weeks. Any that had QC issues would be dealt with in the same way that any other defect would be dealt with.,

It may be that there was a significant problem with a large amount of the watches - dodgy dials, hands or whatever. But you know what - if that was the case I would much prefer to be told.

9. tyrantlizardrex Oct 20, 2017

I would love to have seen Raynald hold his hands up and say (based on what I've heard from multiple sources now):

You know what? We screwed up.

We used a dial supplier who didn't deliver to the high standards that we expect. We've moved dial supplier and are replacing all the defective dials, but this is taking a little more time than we planned.

We're sorry.

We know we've let you down, and we understand that some trust has been lost here.

We'd like you to give us a second chance.

Here's a picture of Cindy Crawford.

lando, BenjaminT, neilfrancis and 4 others like this.
  10. corn18 Oct 20, 2017

I am baffled why so many are so upset about something that is costing them nothing. We sound like babies.

davy26 likes this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Oct 20, 2017

Because being perpetually strung along isn’t much fun perhaps.

When a company says one thing, and then does another or does nothing at all, they tend to lose people’s trust and understanding.

That’s what’s going on here - and it’s nothing to do with money put down.

nima0071 likes this.
  12. Clancy Eccles Oct 20, 2017

There are many microbrands delivering more watches on time. This is really silly when you start to think about how the watches have been distributed in little batches. Good point.

BenjaminT likes this.
  13. yinzerniner Oct 20, 2017

Dern, that totally sucks. The only non-negligent reason for such a delay would be a notification system bug or delivery disaster. Hoping they get their isht together soon.

14. Riviera Paradise Oct 20, 2017

c1d7e1c9cc16c37ece8d142c3889dea2--funny-babies-funny-kids.jpg

15. Riviera Paradise Oct 20, 2017

Incredible how we still see big companies screw up their PR response. Early, complete transparency is the only way to deal with a significant consumer problem/issue. Hiding stuff under the rug, especially in today's hyper connected world with multi-faceted communication channels is not an option.

16. drhex Oct 20, 2017

First world problems...

17. Meanjohnbrown Oct 20, 2017

Maybe babies is a bit strong but I too am struggling a bit with the impatience.
    I would be more concerned if I was one of the first adopters - thinking is my dial inferior/poor quality control etc.........
    Maybe getting a late delivery will be long term good news?

davy26 and fskywalker like this.
  18. Riviera Paradise Oct 20, 2017

That will certainly get a few of the OCD ST owners on the OF biting nails, scratching scabs and getting severe eye strain checking out their ST with a loupe for the 400th time.:D

Bushido and Meanjohnbrown like this.
  19. Riviera Paradise Oct 20, 2017

Some of them can actually be quite stressful:whistling:
    DMkSZz_WkAASkSq.jpg

neilfrancis, Maganator and Linzer like this.
  20. munichblue Oct 21, 2017

Typically I would say they don’t give a damn about the anger of some nerds in an Internet forums but in this case I’ve got some hope because Robert-Jan, who is certainly reading this thread, might give feedback to Raynald. Don’t you, Robert?