Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Raybar Oct 19, 2017

Just got an email from the CEO of Omega 2 hours ago saying that the deliveries will be made throughout November.

2. sun_devil Oct 19, 2017

I didn't get it. Hopefully mine will be available soon. #wishfulthinking

Raybar likes this.
  3. alexey66 Oct 19, 2017

I received that e-mail sometime in September (the "spill"-email) and at least was relieved that I am still on a list. Replied and asked if I could put down a deposit or so. Arthur (Hery) told me I need not pay until I received that watch, but if I really, really wanted to I could go to the Omega Boutique and pay a deposit.

I deceided to wait a bit more, but after still not receiving any further notice until mid-October I went to my designated Omega Boutique and paid for my ST in full.

I had forgotten to bring a print out of my reservation, but they went to check my name and finally "allowed" me to pay. They said they could not give my any timeframe for delivery. I asked them if any had been delivered and if yes, how many. They were a bit catchy and said that indeed some had been delivered. I could catch a glimpse of the list and saw that maybe one third of names (?) on the list had been marked, not sure if these are the ones delivered or still waiting...

In any case, I am sure I will eventually get my ST, just not sure in which year, as someone on here said.
    And btw, I am based in Switzerland and was at the Omega Boutique in Zürich, so even those close to Omega are waiting!
    In the meantime I had been wearing my Omega Cal. 30 extensively which I had written about here. I plan to write a bit how that felt on that thread. Also I ended up buying a Nicolet Watch of which I hardly can find info anywhere, but that too is something for another thread.
    In the end, just waiting for the e-mail for my ST to arrive.

4. sgrossma Oct 19, 2017

My cousin got the same email. They stated that the delay is caused by any additional layer of quality control to make sure that there are no issues with the "few" remaining. Quite ridiculous...

Raybar likes this.
  5. Maganator Oct 19, 2017

The excitement has pretty much worn off now to be honest.

IMG_4376.PNG

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 19, 2017

Well not really. They have identified an issue with all of those delivered up to this point which makes them explode if looked at in a funny way. Safety first!

Edited Oct 19, 2017
  7. N1CK Oct 19, 2017

Have received the same email. Deliveries made throughout November makes it sound as if some could still be waiting in December for them to be available at their chosen OB.

At least they have acknowledged why deliveries are taking so long and provided an update, even if we knew this was coming a while back.

8. sgrossma Oct 19, 2017

QC should not take THAT long, no offense... They should be able to review/approve these watches as they are produced. All they really need to do is make sure lume is applied correctly, no hairs in the dial, etc.

At least that is what makes sense to me...

9. sgrossma Oct 19, 2017

Again, this is a company that is capable of producing nearly 1 million watches per year. There is no excuse as to why this has taken so long in my opinion.

10. lando Oct 19, 2017

Same thought here, as i read it. Perhaps they will send out the same eMail in a month mentioning "throughout December"...

11. BenjaminT Oct 19, 2017

Hmmm. Still nothing here.
    Embarrassing anyhow. Now the mass mailings are signed by the CEO himself.
    Puts them in bad company with others in my SPAM folder.

12. tyrantlizardrex Oct 19, 2017

I'm in agreement.

They produce an awful lot of watches, some which are much more complicated in both finish and movement... this feels like it should be relatively straightforward.

13. omegaemu Oct 19, 2017

Also got the same today!!

14. Riviera Paradise Oct 19, 2017

For a delay this big, you normally think of an external supplier screw-up. But the 1861 calibre is standard, case brushing no big deal and in-house...the only thing that is significantly different from other Speedy Pros is the lumed dial and I can't believe they would outsource the dial.

Pure speculation here, but I think they had a specific schedule production slot for the ST and did not expect or plan for the quality issues with the dial. They saw the QA issues stopped production, and started to overrun the ST production window schedule. They also have other Speedy Pro LEs to churn out as well as the 60th Speedy / Trilogy. I think a batch of the remaining ST's that did not get produced in the planned production schedule in Q2 got shifted down to a later schedule in Q3.

For such fan based, high visibility watch...this has been poorly handled and does not reflect well on their internal processes at all. What will be extremely negative for them is if they have any QA issues with the delayed watches.

15. tyrantlizardrex Oct 19, 2017

It's got to be the dial.

I'd bet they outsource dial production... probably to another part of the group, or to another company owned by one of their companies.

Whatever it may be, it will have been avoidable.

16. sgrossma Oct 19, 2017

Maybe the biggest delayed ones will have special dial traits and will become known as the 'Mark II Speedy Tuesdays'

nima0071 likes this.
  17. Travelller Oct 19, 2017

It's been suggested that the dial is somewhat complex and the main reason behind both the recent reports of imperfect dials and the current delays. As I'm not a dial maker, I'm clearly not in the position to debate either for or against this claim. The "generous" lume application is not a first for Omega; take the 2015(?) Pitch Black for example:
    [​IMG]
    image c/o yours truly

Still in the case of the ST, there is the application of (sub-dial) plots on top of the lume paint making it perhaps a first for Omega (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    [​IMG]
    Image c/o Omega

In any event, I'm just pleased to hear that there's now a much better chance of getting a unit that will have undergone a more rigorous level of QA. :thumbsup:

18. fskywalker Oct 19, 2017

Really sucks to have another delay, wonder how many are on the last batch

19. lhs1978 Oct 20, 2017

Great image!

20. lhs1978 Oct 20, 2017

Wow! Great looking watch. Great pic!