Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Riviera Paradise Jan 10, 2017

If Omega do a "better" Speedy Pro LE at Basel 2017, I can certainly see many dropping out of today's purchase, otherwise I think many will confirm. I think this could be a strong hint that there might not be another Speedy LE at Basel 2017...at least not at this price point...perhaps a LE PM 57 tribute? I also think this is another strong hint for the Railmaster re-issue.

I do not think the lack of deposit was a dumb move BTW. It allowed Omega to reap the marketing sales story that this Speedy LE was so "hot" that it sold out in a few hours...should make a nice story in their Q1 financial reporting call-in with analysts.;)

2000 units of a LE is hardly going to make a difference to the overall Omega revenue for 2017. Overall the Speedy Tuesday LE initiative has been excellent marketing for Omega, prepared the path for online sales with boutique pick-up to counter the grey market, energized the fan base pre-Basel (look at the volume of posts/views on the OF today) and even countered the launch of the Heuer Autavia...

About the Autavia...the designs are too similar in many aspects (Speedy LE clearly superior though) for this to have been pure coincidence and if I recall correctly the Autavia was selected via the internet/social media...I think Raynald probably took notice and immediately thought how to counter Biver's move. Would be interesting to hear from @Robert-Jan when the Speedy Tuesday LE design was started and whether the Autavia ever was mentioned in conversation with Omega...but he might be under some sort of NDA ref. the deisgn process.

2. Davidt Jan 10, 2017

Although I actually logged on this morning, I didn't read the Speedy Tuesday thread as I usually read the articles later on, so missed this!

Subsequently been trying on and off for the last 6 hours to no avail. Will try again tomorrow!!

GL to everyone still trying.

LawBrk likes this.
  3. 2nastie Jan 10, 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think certain markets (like the biggest market: USA) does not permit online sales for Omega. If you begin accepting deposits (similar to the Extract from Archives where it is basically a 120 CHF deposit, processed if they find your watch in the archive but refunded if they can't find it) it counts as a sale?

It would essentially knock off an entire country of significance in terms of sales. Reserving would negate that (although it creates other complications as discussed).

cicindela likes this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 10, 2017

1861 would have been my choice :whistling:

Robert-Jan likes this.
  5. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jan 10, 2017

My first post here... as I have done something I have never done before; committing to buying a brand new Speedmaster...

Almost as nice as my 'birthday' Speedmaster (made in '84, the year I was born). This one might even be prettier. Wow. Just. Wow.

To those who missed out on it; do try to hit refresh tomorrow around and after noon (GMT +1); you might manage. Good luck!

6. friendharry Jan 10, 2017

I refreshed every 5 mn since 6:00 am
    Thank you forWest Coast fan

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

Congrats mate and welcome to you too :thumbsup:

Aludic likes this.
  8. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

I think it's almost certain they'll do an LE Speedy at Baselworld. And maybe a few more non-LE Speedy's.

I'm in for all. My Speedy addiction is strong.

müslüm likes this.
  9. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Remember, it's the 60th Anniversary of the Speedmaster this year. There's almost no way they won't do an LE Speedy at Baselworld.

müslüm likes this.
  10. Overgrower Jan 10, 2017

Wow beautiful

11. Maganator Jan 10, 2017

Same here but my birthday Speedy is from '82.

Welcome to the forum!

Aludic likes this.
  12. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2017

Yet no avatar picture of a Speedmaster, Speedy related parts, space walking, nor even NASA Underoos. ::facepalm2:: :(

We'd even settle for a shot of you driving a classic car - especially a late 60's Camaro.

blubarb and Riviera Paradise like this.
  13. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Ouch. I knew I'd get called out for a lack of avatar some day.

I'll work on that as soon as I kick this nasty cold.

:D

14. abrod520 Jan 10, 2017

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  15. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2017

In a former life, I'd have installed that very picture as his avatar along with a quote from his post about kicking his cold.

;) :p

Mad Dog and Riviera Paradise like this.
  16. Riviera Paradise Jan 10, 2017

Certainly there will be new 9300 derived "modern"2-dial Speedies at Basel 2017...I think many might receive the new Master Chrono certification.

On the other hand a SS Speedy 60 LE at Basel 2017? If you don't have to pay until June for the Speedy Tuesday, a Basel 2017 Speedy 60th launch would mean Omega would have two SS Speedy LEs (Tuesday vs 60th) competing for your attention during the same "purchasing" year....and this would probably significantly reduce sales of the Speedy Tuesday. Can they really sell 2x2000 Speedy SS LEs in one year? You still have unsold CK 2998 LEs available now in OBs!

57 60th anniversary using the the CK 2915 would probably be a 3-dial the broad arrow setup....which they have as a modern reissue with the 3313 calibre...so I think a 60th PM 57 LE version with a 1861 could be an option? It would be certainly be a brave move in the current PM adverse watch market. Another option would be to leave a SS Speedy 60th for a Q4 surprise release for the Xmas gift period...

All speculation, I know, but I just can't see the commercial justification for another Speedy Pro LE launch at Basel 2017.

17. kkt Jan 10, 2017

Perhaps this will lower the price of the silver snoopy that I really wanted ;)

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

Yea I'm still suspecting the 60th anniversary piece could be a ck2913 or even ck2914 tribute but Basel will be interesting regardless. The SM300 if given thar sort of treatment could be really interesting.

19. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2017

Somebody's warming up for September 19th. :p

20. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

I'd strongly advise people not to risk anyone promising to offer one via those mediums or eBay either, you could easily find out the Paypal window has expired before the watch is even due for delivery leaving you with no recourse and the "seller" long gone. That's part of the reason we won't be allowing anyone to "sell" a reservation here, its too much of a risk.