Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

The timestamp on the email in my inbox was ~3am Pacific.

2. shoota70 Jan 10, 2017

If you want one you'll be able to get one. Nearly half of these reserved won't be paid for. Reserving without a deposit might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen, not to mention Basel in a few weeks.

Awesome looking watch, just like all the other LE Speedmasters

Omega should sell a membership for which I just automatically get every version of a Speedy Pro they can think up.

Davidt and repoman like this.
  3. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Agreed. I was ready to pay on the spot!

Those of you who received reservation emails, what are the terms? Did they specify a deadline?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

I doubt it'll be anywhere near half but there will inevitably by a substantial percentage that can't or won't pay which we'll see come available I'd imagine.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 10, 2017

Who will be the first one to date post his "reservation" in the FS section?

kov likes this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

There won't be, we don't allow people to sell a watch not in their possession.

duc, SpikiSpikester, Tritium and 10 others like this.
  7. patmoon89 Jan 10, 2017

Got one!

Reserved my anniversary date. Would've liked to have my sons bday but wasn't available....maybe I can trade for it later!

Travelller likes this.
  8. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 10, 2017

Is it me or I remember a member posting his CK2998 for sale before he got it?!?

(At cost, granted, but still... he didn't have the watch in his possession...)

Edited Jan 10, 2017
  9. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Thank you for this. :)

No reservation flipping, please! :(

10. watchdaddy1 Jan 10, 2017

Damn !!!!::love::::love::::love::::love::::love::::love::

11. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

That was me.

It was posted as a gesture to members on here and the watch had my money against it, all I did was put the watch in the hands of a none flipper rather than cancel it.

It was also NEVER listed as for sale. It was listed as someone can have my slot. I just didn't like the piece.

The buyer on here got it at cost plus shipping.

duc, SpikiSpikester, kov and 4 others like this.
  12. GalaxyGuy Jan 10, 2017

How can you tell? The site seems to be behaving the same way now as it was when I first tried this morning...

13. 2nastie Jan 10, 2017

It's a confirmation email, similar to when you register to be a part of the forums. You have to click the confirmation link in order successfully to register but in this case reserve.

Payment according their T&C is payable before you are officially allocated the watch in the summer. They are saying about 30 days before the date, you should get a phone call saying they have the watch, pick up a certain boutique, do you want it type of thing.

14. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 10, 2017

yes, I remember now Darren :) Nice gesture btw... also showing the limits of the "no FS if watch not in possession" rule, too :)

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

Robert Jan said it in another thread, he's been in touch regarding it.

GalaxyGuy likes this.
  16. munichblue Jan 10, 2017

I'm over the moon with my confirmed reservation. This Speedy is a real beauty, thanks Jan for your involvement, passion and influence!

I have an appointment on Friday in my local Omega Boutique and will let the manager know on this occasion that I make him personally responsible that I get my Speedy. ;)

Bild 26.jpg

17. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Understood. So I *might* have a chance later tonight if some people don't confirm.

18. 2nastie Jan 10, 2017

Exactly. On the other thread, Robert-Jan mentioned that most of it should be gone by now; however, if an individual does not confirm their email within 24 hours the watch is released again.

CaptDngr likes this.
  19. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Perfect. Thank you!

2nastie likes this.
  20. Bushido Jan 10, 2017

Admittedly, I'm feeling quite bummed on missing out on reserving one for myself. Being an obsessive goofball, I even carried my phone around in my pocket all morning checking and refreshing the page in between patient care appointments. Alas, no luck for myself. However, I am very excited and happy for all those members whom were able to reserve theirs. I will look forward to upcoming picks to live vicariously through!

CaptDngr likes this.