Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Wingbeat Jul 25, 2017

I guess thats the retail price, £180 for strap and £180 for clasp. Anyone know where it could be found cheaper? I can only find ebay sales, and they seem to be even more expensive. I have also been looking at bracelets, and found the 1171 quite cheap, light and flimsy when I felt it in person. It seems the 1450 would suit me, but as I understand its almost impossible to find one to buy in good condition. How do one go about buying this bracelet? I wished Omega would reproduce the 1450, or a similar new solid link with the same quality....

fskywalker likes this.
  2. MCG555 Jul 25, 2017

As mentioned previously in this thread a couple of pages ago (with pictures and ref. nr.), there is also a somehow similar looking Kevlar strap (which I bought)., where you could use also your existent clasp, which I find quite nice! It is around 160€...

And yes, both will fit out of the box... ;)

fskywalker and Wingbeat like this.
  3. Ewellblue Jul 25, 2017

Definitely worth it in my opinion but have a look at bobs watches on eBay, you can buy the strap and clasp (brushed of course) for about £75 if I remember, it's a very good quality alternative.

IMG_0384.PNG

Edited Jul 25, 2017
  4. Wingbeat Jul 25, 2017

It really looks stunning on the speedy Tuesday! The white stitches really complements the white dials. This picture might be the one that pushes me over the ledge and order the original from the boutique. How does the clasp look and feel on the wrist compared to the clasp you get with the leather roll? How sensitive are the white stitches on dirt and sweat?

fskywalker likes this.
  5. Wingbeat Jul 25, 2017

The strap looks quite nice, I have to imagine how it looks like on the Speedy though (which speedmaster is it fitted on?) :) Are you currently using the brown leather strap? I'm also kind of worried about the white stitches on the Snoopy strap will get dirty after a while. Any opinion on the Snoopy clasp vs the clasp that you get with the watch?

fskywalker and sgk like this.
  6. MCG555 Jul 25, 2017

The white of the subdials is rather a silver, so I like the light-gray stitching on the Kevlar strap equally well. I use my ST on a dark-brown leather at the moment - the Kevlar strap will be mounted in autumn/winter timeframe.
    The self-deployment clasp wears of course totally different. I personally wanted to use the original clasp.

fskywalker likes this.
  7. pianomankd Jul 25, 2017

So do you think the boutiques are playing with the watches before our scheduled pickups? i.e. - taking it out of the packaging, posing wrist shots with them, showing the staff, etc.?

My OCD is killing me thinking about this....

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  8. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 25, 2017

Posted by me on p132. Was I joking? Muahhahahahahah!

MCG555 and fskywalker like this.
  9. nima0071 Jul 25, 2017

No one would do that.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 25, 2017

Nothing done to your watch is anywhere near as bad as what happens to your food before it gets to you ;).

11. budfox Jul 26, 2017

I'm struggling to pay for this watch as it is, no way I can afford the official Snoopy! I've bought a black nylon/leather strap for £12 that is almost identical, just with grey stitching. Will post pictures when/if my ST arrives.

12. Maganator Jul 26, 2017

where did you get the strap? Can you post a link?

fskywalker likes this.
  13. Wingbeat Jul 26, 2017

Please do! As I understand, the chrono dials are more silver than white, so it might be more suitable with gray stitches. I actually went ahead and ordered the snoopy strap, I just have to plan my trip to London now :)

fskywalker likes this.
  14. budfox Jul 26, 2017

https://www.watchgecko.com/nylon-sport-b-2-leather-lined.php

I bought 2 of these, a black one and a grey one. Wearing my Rolex Sub on the grey one right now. Didn't expect much given the price but have been impressed with the quality. Also bought a classic brown leather strap from them as I would like to keep the ST straps pristine.

fskywalker likes this.
  15. fibonacci086 Jul 26, 2017

gippo, lando, johnhoy89 and 29 others like this.
  16. azcii Jul 26, 2017

fskywalker and fibonacci086 like this.
  17. mpcdude Jul 26, 2017

Anyone above 1000 heard news of their ST yet?

fskywalker likes this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 26, 2017

Rumour is - The next batch is about to be sent out ( and there is more than the first batch that was released )

mpcdude and fskywalker like this.
  19. Maganator Jul 26, 2017

Good news!

20. pianomankd Jul 26, 2017

Picking mine up tomorrow and I'm 6xx/2012...

fskywalker likes this.