Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 24, 2017

Not to the standard of one of Dirk's pics, but here is the ST on Rally as I've now settled on wearing it.

[​IMG]

Banana anyone? ;)

watchme, mrdata, cpl and 6 others like this.
  2. pianomankd Jul 24, 2017

They just called me again asking if I'd be willing to take photos with it for their Instagram account! They seem to be just as excited as I am! Can't wait to get this and show it off!!

3. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 24, 2017

Exciting times, will be nice to see more wearers ;)

fskywalker and Smspectre like this.
  4. MCG555 Jul 24, 2017

Well, its a Speedmaster - so it should fit! :thumbsup:
    But its also THE Moonwatch - so its Banana ::bleh::;)

Edited Jul 24, 2017
    fskywalker likes this.
  5. MCG555 Jul 24, 2017

Offtopic: Meanwhile this thread is one of the very top threads in this forum with over 230'000 visits... :eek::thumbsup::)

Edited Jul 24, 2017
    Tet and fskywalker like this.
  6. pianomankd Jul 24, 2017

Are you all dressing up before you pick yours up? I'm playing golf the day of pickup as well, so I didn't want to arrive all suited up and then have to race to the course and change. Random question I know, but I didn't know if there was a protocol to the pickup (besides payment of course! haha)

fskywalker likes this.
  7. Linzer Jul 24, 2017

Tell them you will think about it and will get back to them in six months:D

8. MCG555 Jul 24, 2017

Golf gear is fine! :thumbsup::)

fskywalker likes this.
  9. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 24, 2017

Well I wore shorts and tee shirt, but then I did choose an AD in part for this reason. Nice and non judgemental.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. corn18 Jul 24, 2017

I'm going to wear shorts and a t-shirt and wear my star trek watch.

DonnieD and fskywalker like this.
  11. abrod520 Jul 24, 2017

Doesn't matter what clothes you wear to pick the watch up. I've walked into the Omega Boutique on 5th Avenue a couple of times - both times I was treated well with friendly service, but only once was I followed up with about my questions via email after the fact.

The first time, I was wearing rather nice clothing as I had intended to pop in before a night out, to take a look at the then-still fairly new Dark Side of the Moon. This was just before they were updating it from the tang buckle (which I found difficult to put on) to the deployant strap. I asked them to follow up with me when the deployants were in, they took my info down, then I never heard back.

The second time was a Sunday, I was walking around the area with a friend of mine. I was wearing walking shoes and realized after I began speaking with the salesperson - when it was too late - that I hadn't shaved that day! Still, we had a good chat, I tried on the Spectre Seamaster 300 and remarked that I loved the strap, but would prefer it on the regular SM300. Along with a couple of other questions, I again requested that they follow up with me, and again they took my info. And the very next week there were answers to all of my questions, in my email inbox!

What was the crucial difference? Both salespeople were warm, friendly and knowledgeable. But the day I walked in looking shabby, I just so happened to be wearing my Speedmaster Apollo XI 45th Anniversary LE while the first time I had been wearing one of my vintage watches.

Kmart, joris.goossens, MCG555 and 2 others like this.
  12. Tintin Jul 24, 2017

I think it really depends on the sales person. The very first time I bought an expensive watch, I was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops, and carrying a backpack. I looked like a college kid. I was not wearing a watch at the time. The salesperson treated me no different than any other customer spending the time to show me various watches. I ended up purchasing an IWC on that same visit. He works for a multi-brand AD and I have since purchased 3 more watches from him including the TinTin. This is also in Bangkok, Thailand where people frequently judge you by what you wear and drive.

fskywalker likes this.
  13. Tintin Jul 24, 2017

Has anyone in Thailand picked up their Speedy Tuesday yet? I'm anxious to get mine but haven't heard anything at all. I was told there are 20+ coming to Thailand. Not sure how true this is.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. abrod520 Jul 24, 2017

Think you missed the point: By wearing a recent Omega limited-edition, it signalled that even though I may not have bought anything from that salesperson or Boutique before, I should be taken seriously as a potential customer. Wearing my Heuer Carrera didn't matter, even though it's currently valued higher than most of the models they have in stock, since it's a vintage watch and they don't sell vintage watches. But even an unshaven weirdo will be taken seriously if he's wearing the kind of watch they sell

fskywalker likes this.
  15. pianomankd Jul 24, 2017

Ooh ok cool, bathing suit it is then! lol :)

Tintin likes this.
  16. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 24, 2017

The thought of having to dress up solely for the 'privilege' of giving someone else almost $7k USD of my hard-earned money makes me laugh. In fact, I should probably be able to call in ahead of time and request what the staff should be wearing when I arrive :D

Snoopsta, Kmart, lando and 8 others like this.
  17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2017

They're ready for you. :thumbsup:
    bopar.jpg

Pibbow, Cad290, Tet and 1 other person like this.
  18. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 24, 2017

perfect!
    :cool:

fskywalker likes this.
  19. Wingbeat Jul 25, 2017

Excited! Just got a email from the boutique that my speedy can be picked up in the UK. I'm thinking about to order the snoopy strap with strap but the price is quite hefty. £360 for both strap and clasp, is it worth it compared to other straps? Will it fit out of the box?

fskywalker likes this.
  20. Smspectre Jul 25, 2017

£360 that's expensive.