Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 23, 2017

They seem to be referring to the oil /dust on brushed finish on the hands which is clearly visable, not that highlighted mark which I would assume is more likely on the outside otherwise I'm sure they would have mentioned that specifically being such an honest write up.

When I received my Apollo-Soyuz there was a very clear piece of dust under the sapphire so it had to be returned to SWATCH the following day to get it removed. Was suprised it slipped through quality control but I've heard of similar situations from many high end brands.

Edited Jul 23, 2017
    fskywalker likes this.
  2. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 23, 2017

Hey they link to my pics on the bracelet::psy::

Lou P and fskywalker like this.
  3. Pibbow Jul 23, 2017

I feel this maybe why the delivery's are slower than We and Omega hoped for. Quality control may be under an unexpected pressure . Still I'm not complaining just excited still.

fskywalker likes this.
  4. MCG555 Jul 23, 2017

I don't know. If you ever saw, how watches are put together, how people need to cloth themselves that as little as possible pollution comes into the watches, if you know that there is intensially an "underpressure" atmosphere in those rooms to avoid dust, then "dust and oil" on the hands is certainly not something that comes into my mind first, if I see at those pointers... Maybe these are just normal inregularities of the manufacturing process of the brushed pointers? Zooming into those inregularities seems somethimes optically frightening but it does not reflect the real optical impression...

Anyway, of course, there are the exeptions to the rules, where there are dust particles in the watch... as in every other watch model and brand...

Edited Jul 23, 2017
    fskywalker likes this.
  5. mrdata Jul 23, 2017

We need a picture again, here ;)

My wife said: "The Speedy Tuesday is beautiful like a girl..."

[​IMG]

semper_shells, Jsub, watchme and 10 others like this.
  6. mrdata Jul 23, 2017

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please say if it gets too much. Maybe I can hear it ... :D::facepalm1::

semper_shells, gippo, Tet and 4 others like this.
  7. chows99 Jul 23, 2017

I need more pictures of ST and pretty faces together!

fskywalker likes this.
  8. naryfx Jul 23, 2017

More out of focus so most likely on top of the crystal. The hands on mine are not dirty like that either.

fskywalker, MCG555 and watchme like this.
  9. mrdata Jul 23, 2017

Got some more Pics from ST's pretty face - ok, too???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards, Dirk

Edited Jul 23, 2017
    Ssunnylee24, BenjaminT, duc and 9 others like this.
  10. naryfx Jul 23, 2017

Going to just leave this here. Still my favorite strap combo for this watch.

[​IMG]

Ssunnylee24, TJH, Cad290 and 15 others like this.
  11. lando Jul 23, 2017

Looks very good on it. What model and brand is it?

fskywalker and beefeater like this.
  12. AK1 Jul 23, 2017

If micro brands selling at 500-1000usd can get rid of dust oil random as marks on the dial or hands im pretty sure omega can too.

Its UNACCEPTABLE! From a brand which has been whoring out a model called speedmaster for decades. Least they can do is be sure of what the factory is sending out.

mpcdude, müslüm and fskywalker like this.
  13. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 23, 2017

I'm pretty sure there isn't a single manufacturer of ANYTHING out there who turns out 100% perfects product each and every time.

But luckily everyone can vote with their money, and therefore not buy any new watches from Omega if this bothers them enough.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. naryfx Jul 23, 2017

Not trying to be a total shill but it's one of the straps from kizzi at seb12100030.com. Definitely a little on the expensive side for velcro strap but the watch looks awesome on it.

Dunno if anyone should respect my opinion though since I actually like it on the stock nato...

[​IMG]

gippo, duc, pianomankd and 5 others like this.
  15. pianomankd Jul 24, 2017

4 weeks after the "Look forward to a call from your boutique in about two weeks" email:

It seems that I was a little optimistic with the shipment time towards the USA!
    Would you mind being more patient? I am sure the Boutique will get in touch soon.

Best regards,

Arthur Hery

fskywalker likes this.
  16. MCG555 Jul 24, 2017

"Would you mind being more patient" - After 1/2 year; difficult, Arthur! :whipped:;)

pianomankd, Tet and fskywalker like this.
  17. demchocholips Jul 24, 2017

Both my Honda S2000s were so much better built than my E55 AMG. That E55 was an unreliable POS, while the S2000s were completely problem free. I think the Benz guys were paying too much attention to the unnecessary and leaving serious issues like leaking gas vapor in the cabin and failing air suspension.

18. abrod520 Jul 24, 2017

The age of German reliability ended long ago, sometime in the early '90s. Before that, yes, they'd run forever - see Porsche 930s, non-M BMW E30s, any diesel Mercedes-Benz from the '70s.... Once they started to focus more on gizmos and gadgets as a way to differentiate themselves, it all went downhill.

Currently, a German car is a very nice experience to lease, so that you're not left holding the bag when it depreciates like Halloween candy on November 1st

Ssunnylee24, DonnieD and fskywalker like this.
  19. pianomankd Jul 24, 2017

And within 4 hours of Arthur's email, the boutique just called me!! Picking her up this week! :)

flowert, beefeater, Lou P and 5 others like this.
  20. shutterlife Jul 24, 2017

I loved my S2000, was a sad day when I had to sell her.

fskywalker and demchocholips like this.