Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 22, 2017

Those of you obsessing about the caseback being lined up: catch yourselves on.

This caseback uses a normal thread and gasket system. The only way to ensure it lines up perfectly other than pure chance is the vary the torque gripping the gasket. If you want your caseback to either leak and fall off or alternatively be on so tight as to be virtually welded then by all means insist on the logo lining up, otherwise realise that the technology in use doesn't allow 2012 repetitions of a perfect alignment. There are systems for ensuring perfect caseback alignment, snap on being the most simple, NAIAD rather more sophisticated. Neither are in use here.

Tet, ivan.hubert.tan and fskywalker like this.
  2. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Jul 22, 2017

How very sensible, and welcome here to answer some strange posts. It would seem that some today are so 'spoilt' that not only can they not be a little patient (and allow for a manufacturing process that has many model lines needing capacity) awaiting delivery of their watch, but also seem to think that their aesthetic desires trump real-world physics/engineering constraints.

Pibbow, padders and fskywalker like this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 22, 2017

This is the way I heard it:

aligned case back = $9800. resale

non-aligned case back = $5500. resale

::book::

4. ivan.hubert.tan Jul 22, 2017

Thanks for the reply.

Your answer makes logical sense.

To the others. I am in the Aerospace industry and I do design products and work closely with manufacturing. Many times, to achieve better accuracy and tighter tolerances for any part, we will need to pay more. It is possible but it costs more, and at the end of the day, the customer will be taking on the costs.

Sorry for my "OCD"-ish behavior and "desk bound job" behavior. Calling others names to counter debating points is an easy and lazy way to dismiss others but not productive at all. On the other hand, giving reasonable answers to help others better understand the situation, helps unite people.

5. MCG555 Jul 22, 2017

I explained the same thing not only to you but also 3x before in the same thread... ;)

6. omegasaso12 Jul 22, 2017

Got mail today.......great mail. My watch is waiting for me at OB 2000 miles away.

Caseback alligment: it must be tight and all that technical shit, but if Omega says casebacks will be perfectly alligned on this modrl than I assume I will get R on 12 and nowhere else.

There would be no debate about this if Omega would not say that casebacks will be PERFEctly alligned.

EDIT: here is text from fratelo:
    "Circling the outer-edge of the caseback is the word RADIAL. Although it is a screw-in caseback, it is always in the same fixed position in such way that the text is aligned (top starts at 12 o’clock) correctly."

ivan.hubert.tan and fskywalker like this.
  7. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 22, 2017

Did they ever say that? I certainly am unaware of them ever l doing so. I think Robert-Jan might have mentioned something to that effect(clearly he was under the wrong impression there) but of course he's not a spokesman for Omega.

MCG555 and fskywalker like this.
  8. lillatroll Jul 22, 2017

I too believe that it was in the advertising blurb when the watch was first put out there. Just like they clearly said watches would be delivered in June and July. I also think that in the grand scheme of things it does not really matter but that Omega should not be saying these things if they can't deliver.
    I know some people on here think the sun shines out of their arse and we should be grateful that we can buy one of their watches, so they can say what they want,but every company needs to step up and deliver what they say they are going to deliver or customers will take their money else where.

fskywalker likes this.
  9. R3D9 Jul 22, 2017

The new non-LE Railmaster has the new caseback alignment technology, so it's not only technically possible, it's also possible to produce in large quantity.

Refer to this video review by Worn & Wound:

Water resistant is 150M.

gippo and fskywalker like this.
  10. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jul 22, 2017

Yes. From Robert Jan on launch day (Jan. 10):

Although it is a screw-in caseback, it is always in the same fixed position in such way that the text is aligned (top starts at 12 o’clock) correctly.

Click here to see for yourself, about a third of the way down.

It is not at all uncommon however for the specs of a watch to change slightly from announcement to production and personally this is a detail that doesn't matter to me either way.

Lou P and fskywalker like this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 22, 2017

Doesn't really matter what Fratello say though, the watch is being manufactured by Omega. In this case I would suggest they got it wrong. Take it up with Fratello.

12. omegasaso12 Jul 22, 2017

He "made" this watch with Omega, so he has to had some word in the House.

Personaly I do not care how back of the watch is alligned.

fskywalker and Tet like this.
  13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 22, 2017

There's perfect and then there's perfect. :D

fskywalker likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 22, 2017

I have to say, this is the first time I've heard the phrase "Caseback alignment technology"

15. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 22, 2017

Yeah, I saw that at the time and knew at best it would be aligned initially, and probably never again once the caseback gets opened the very first time.

fskywalker likes this.
  16. R3D9 Jul 22, 2017

Copyright by R3-D9 2017 ::bleh::

Tik-Tok of Oz and fskywalker like this.
  17. MCG555 Jul 22, 2017

And again, this is not Omega!
    And it is a 0 Series / Demo watch.

fskywalker likes this.
  18. mpcdude Jul 22, 2017

watchme and fskywalker like this.
  19. fskywalker Jul 22, 2017

Edited Jul 22, 2017
    AK1 likes this.
  20. mmdl8 Jul 23, 2017

Yeah...was surprised to see how dirty the hands were. Hope that was an isolated case.

Snoopsta and fskywalker like this.