Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 21, 2017

Not sure how having better info on delivery dates at boutiques throughout the world reflects the care taken in the manufacturing/ assembly process. Can you please enlighten me so I have a better understanding?

fskywalker likes this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 21, 2017

I think it means the guys working in the factory building the watches are the same ones scheduling deliveries and notifications and shipping ::confused2::

Either that or it means nothing :D

fskywalker likes this.
  3. watchestelltime Jul 21, 2017

I was too late and didn't get one to reserve but I like to follow the posts and wait with you all. I feel at times like I am waiting for one also. :)

Tik-Tok of Oz and fskywalker like this.
  4. MCG555 Jul 22, 2017

If you refer to the aligned back: AGAIN, this is mechanically pratically not possible, IF you wnat to screw it on with the optimal momentum! I prefer a mechanically optimally tight watch to an aligned back, that has not optimal sealing!! ::screwloose::

fskywalker likes this.
  5. ivan.hubert.tan Jul 22, 2017

I do not see why it is not possible.

Assuming that all the seals are of equal thickness,

1. Control the torque. Using a torque wrench or an equivalent tool.

and

2. Control where the threads starts and ends relatively to where the stamping and groves are.

Once you get one right, you will be able to get all the rest right. Just need to prototype on a few to find the sweet spot.

This is manufacturing, which I think Omega may not have reach to a certain level yet as compared to her competitors

Whereas I think Omega is pretty good in terms of design.

fskywalker likes this.
  6. ivan.hubert.tan Jul 22, 2017

Well I hope to be proven wrong when I turn over my ST and see that it is well aligned.

fskywalker likes this.
  7. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 22, 2017

I think you're heading for disappointment to be honest.

8. mrdata Jul 22, 2017

Still in love, Markus ::bleh::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

::facepalm1::

Dirk

BenjaminT, cicindela, sensui and 3 others like this.
  9. blokk Jul 22, 2017

The new non limited edition rail master has an aligned back.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. ivan.hubert.tan Jul 22, 2017

I'm hoping the delay is to fix the alignment issue.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 22, 2017

I don't think it is an 'issue' -- especially one that would have them "delay" to "fix". I seriously doubt they would incur the added costs associated with having to halt production, redirect resources, etc. for something so trival to most.

fskywalker likes this.
  12. lhawli Jul 22, 2017

As long as its sealed tight, it's no fuss. This is another one of them questions that reminds me of having the crown logo upright when screwed in.

fskywalker likes this.
  13. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 22, 2017

Haha, unless they suddenly upgrade the remainder with their new NAIAD lock system I doubt that was anything to do with increased delays.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 22, 2017

Nice photos, the dial appear much more black there than in reality. I consider the dial more dark grey than black, I do love the colour BTW, gives it a bit of a vintage vibe.

Another thing I noticed is the dial looks darker on strap, on the 1171 bracelet it makes the dial appear a much lighter tone of grey which I find interesting.

fskywalker likes this.
  15. ivan.hubert.tan Jul 22, 2017

I know of a forumer in a another forum, who had an Oris 65 diver whose five minute markers was slightly not aligned with the hour markers.

That slight misalignment does not affect time keeping but it ruins the enjoyment of their customers when they use their watch.

Anyway, He wrote in to Oris, and Oris had it fixed for free.

This small action shows how much pride Oris placed in delivering good quality products to their customers.

Not only that, through this action, Oris got herself one genuine passionate active customer/promoter.

fskywalker likes this.
  16. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 22, 2017

Gluing on a marker seems a bit different to me then remachining threads. Good for Oris -- they swapped out someting for a new piece that will stay constant over the life of the watch.

A screw-on caseback, on the other hand, is also at the mercy of the rubber gasket. Even if it is aligned when new, the first time the caseback gets removed and reinstalled chances are the it will not go back exactly the same due to changes in the gasket over time. Most would prefer to have a reliable seal vs an aligned caseback. Ditch the screw-on and go for a watch with a snap-on caseback and you can get your desired alignment every time.

If Omega wanted to potentially lose me as a customer, they would delay the completion of my watch because they are messing with trying to keep the screw-backs aligned.

fskywalker likes this.
  17. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 22, 2017

Now that I wouldn't think acceptable and would certainly expect it to be rectified.

fskywalker likes this.
  18. lhawli Jul 22, 2017

Sure and I could say the same about many brands, Omega included. Your example is an error, whereas an alignment of the case back or crown logo IMO and no offense to anyone is just OCD.

fskywalker likes this.
  19. corn18 Jul 22, 2017

I usually wear my watches with the back against my wrist.

20. MCG555 Jul 22, 2017

You seem to have an office job... sorry.
    I do not further argue... ::facepalm1::

JoRiHa and fskywalker like this.