Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. munichblue Jul 18, 2017

This.is.it! ST on 1171, just perfect! ::love::

fskywalker and Tet like this.
  2. MCG555 Jul 18, 2017

Tried to do some better fotos of the beauty... ::love::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

flowert, gippo, TJH and 11 others like this.
  3. pianomankd Jul 18, 2017

Beautiful shots! I should have gotten my call last week based on my email from Arthur, but after asking him about the delay I got "I'll get in touch with the boutique and get back to you".....We'll see what happens :-(

Tet, MCG555 and fskywalker like this.
  4. chows99 Jul 18, 2017

News of ST collection had slowed down... Hope nothing is wrong with the production...

fskywalker likes this.
  5. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 19, 2017

Apparently Omega have discovered that all those delivered so far will spontaneously explode at some point in the next couple of years and have had to redesign the piece as a pink dialed 3 hander to lessen the risk. It's a shame of course but singed wrist hair isn't something to joke about.

fskywalker, MCG555, Aludic and 2 others like this.
  6. munichblue Jul 19, 2017

To be very honest, after this months-long hype about the ST my personal level of excitement went down a bit. The waiting is too long, it doesn't make any sense. Why is it so difficult for Omega to produce 2k of a watch and organise a quick rollout? It's very personal opinion, but seeing all this STs out in the wild, having no clue when my will arrive is not very satisfying and is a kind of killjoy.

N1CK, BenjaminT, incabloc and 5 others like this.
  7. pianomankd Jul 19, 2017

I'm in total agreement with you.

N1CK, watchme and fskywalker like this.
  8. beefeater Jul 19, 2017

I think it's the fact that we're not hearing as much about people getting them. I was VERY excited before especially when we started to see pics of actual arrivals. Now with the trickle of reports, my enthusiasm has been curbed a bit. I'm hoping the next batch of arrivals renews the enthusiasm!

fskywalker likes this.
  9. Maganator Jul 19, 2017

Yeah looks like the first batch is mostly delivered with the majority of the rest of us waiting until September.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. abrod520 Jul 19, 2017

Actually agree with this. Hell, they could have released them at once and had little receptions for those picking up their STs at the Boutique, a nice chance to meet other like-minded enthusiasts.

When I bought the Hodinkee TAG Skipper, I expected it'd take a while to produce / ship but they were ready immediately, and they did indeed have a little party for anyone who wished to come pick theirs up. If I were still home in New York, I might have attended and had a little fun

fskywalker and beefeater like this.
  11. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 19, 2017

I do feel for you guys, I dont doubt I'd be feeling the same if I was still waiting. Rare for me to not be last add I always tend to have to wait longest with pretty much anything. Out of respect I won't post any more pics of the ST, but happy to answer any questions anyone may have about it of course.

Hopefully you'll all feel differently once you get that message.

12. mmdl8 Jul 19, 2017

Definitely could have been handled better in terms of distribution and the related fan fare of enthusiasts picking up their watches. A missed opportunity for Omega in my view.

fskywalker likes this.
  13. boltman Jul 19, 2017

fskywalker likes this.
  14. JoRiHa Jul 19, 2017

No! Please! We don't want less pictures! I prefer more pictures!

Pibbow and fskywalker like this.
  15. beyond Jul 19, 2017

at least people who reserved the ST didn't have to put down 100% deposits like people who pre-ordered any of the 60th anniversary trilogy watches...

fskywalker and Maganator like this.
  16. MCG555 Jul 20, 2017

Again, at PP and Rolex it is "normal" to wait years - now its a couple of weeks longer for the STs that have not yet been delivered.
    Common guys - most of us will have the watch for years to come. What are a couple of weeks then??

In earlier days it was normal to wait for certain things until you got it. Think about X-Mas, when you were a child... ;)

boltman and fskywalker like this.
  17. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Jul 20, 2017

I grew up in the Fifties, a time when the range and availability of consumer products was limited, and most of us had little disposable income - so things had to be 'saved up' for. I appreciate that today people tend to demand and expect instant gratification, but the pleasure one got from finally getting something that had been saved-for for a couple of years was great and very satisfying. The ST delivery 'delay' therefore just adds a further positive dimension for me and I shall like it all the more for having played 'hard-to-get,' just like the lovely young ladies of those days!

johnhoy89, Pibbow, boltman and 4 others like this.
  18. incabloc Jul 20, 2017

I think Omega can do a quick rollout, they just dont want do it....the ST's are sold anyway, so there is no reason to hurry up something.

@MCG555, it seems you got your ST already, thank you to remember us that we have to be patient.....:whistling:

munichblue and fskywalker like this.
  19. BenjaminT Jul 20, 2017

Oh believe me, as someone who has recently build a house and has two children, it was not easy to get funds available from January to June. Instant gratification is nor really the appropriate term there.
    So yes, for me this adjourned game is starting to be a joy-killer as well.

Pibbow and fskywalker like this.
  20. MCG555 Jul 20, 2017

I'm sorry for you... I got it last week and had to wait also 6 months as you did... ;)

fskywalker likes this.