Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. tyrantlizardrex Jul 3, 2017

I made up a rumour that Raynald is watching all of the forums... and the less patient you are, the longer you have to wait...

2. MCG555 Jul 3, 2017

In a couple of month this is not relevant any more... :thumbsup:;)

Atalien2005 and fskywalker like this.
  3. lillatroll Jul 3, 2017

Are you a politician? A lawyer maybe? They could have delivered one in June and still been true to their word.

How and when they are all delivered is really not the issue. If they had simply said we are hoping to complete deliveries by the end of the autumn people would have been happy with that and anything before that would be a bonus. By saying first june/ july then August then September it only creates unnecessary frustration. It will be the same with the triple 60 LEs, it wouldn't surprise me if people were still waiting in December when they were first told summer time. I know it's a first world problem and it's only a watch. Simple solution, don't give tell people when it will be delivered if you can't hold that time frame.

fskywalker likes this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 3, 2017

i will admit that I did not pay much attention to their initial delivery date projects, as even in my short time here on OF I have seen that almost all new releases seem to not be ready until several months after they initially stated. and with the 60th editions coming out in the same overall time period it just seems like even more potential for stretching beyond initial projections.

The issue for me is Omega wanting 100% for the 60th watches when reserving, and knowing it could be 6-9 months before actual delivery. That is a long time to have $20k USD sitting out there in someone else's bank account.

Lonestar and fskywalker like this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Jul 3, 2017

I'd love to know if this is an HQ thing, or an OB/AD level thing.

Either way, I think it's a shitty way to treat customers - 10%, 20% sure.... 100%? Why do they need 100%?

N1CK and fskywalker like this.
  6. corn18 Jul 3, 2017

I'm #17 and haven't heard boo yet.

Lonestar likes this.
  7. MCG555 Jul 3, 2017

RELAX Buddy!
    Omega always said it will be delivered during summer. If you believe summer ends in June, then it is your probkem I guess. At least here in Switzerland summer last at least until end of August. We will see then howmuch have been delivered... ;)

8. lillatroll Jul 3, 2017

I guess you work for Omega then.
    They never always said the summer. They said june/july then changed it again and again ;)

fskywalker likes this.
  9. Kmart Jul 3, 2017

Reading through all of these posts over the past several months has been somewhat fascinating to me. While some long time members are of course invested in this watch, it seems as if there is a small subset of the OF population who pretty much only care about the ST and rarely, if ever, post outside of this thread. First it was discussion and complaints about people who missed the opportunity to get their name on the list. Then pages upon pages of endless speculation on the future value of the ST and rumors about when they would be delivered. And now that they have started to be delivered, more speculation on when they are ALL going to be delivered. All based largely on rumors, conjecture, and conflicting emails from OB reps, with very little in the way of factual information.

It's interesting to pop in here now and then and see what's going on, but I tend to get a feeling of Déjà vu most of the time. :coffee:

watchme, MCG555 and fskywalker like this.
  10. abrod520 Jul 3, 2017

I think a lot of people found OF because of all the attention the ST got.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 3, 2017

I was led to believe that you would post something like this last week. I have had quite an anxious time waiting for your post to finally arrive. DMs to the Mods resulted only in messages saying "Be patient, it will be soon." Some days I would hit refresh every 2-3 minutes. For a few days, I was worried there would be no notice to me about your post after it was made, and it would be read right out from under me. Or even worse, that the Forum would show it off to other customers, and let them look over the first line or two before I had a chance to be the first.

On a side note, is your writing worth much on the resale market? How much do you think I could make if I were to put your post on eBay with no reserve?. I mean I like this and everything, but it is not really my grail.

Xeer, Tik-Tok of Oz, drhex and 8 others like this.
  12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 3, 2017

Sorry, I already called dibs on his post :thumbsup:

fskywalker, Kmart and Nobel Prize like this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 3, 2017

You just want to flip it!

Kmart and fskywalker like this.
  14. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 3, 2017

Perhaps ;)

Perhaps ;)

But three things are definitely certain:

1) Patience is a virtue that some of us have, and others not.
    2) Summer still has at least 2 months left.
    3) All continents (according to social media) have had deliveries in June (ok ok I didnt see South America) (* I stand under correction).

MCG555 and fskywalker like this.
  15. incabloc Jul 3, 2017

It will be relevant. If you have to wait longer than its really necessary and all time have to read something about this random delivery bull***t, then this bad experience will always be a part of this watch. I think Omega is not on a good way with their delivery policy.

16. tyrantlizardrex Jul 3, 2017

They're ready when they're ready... seriously... these are watches - no one ever died from waiting for £4100 watch. ::facepalm1::

17. incabloc Jul 3, 2017

true, but thats not the point.....;)

18. tyrantlizardrex Jul 3, 2017

I'm not sure what the point is any more... this is supposed to be fun... and 100+ pages of... profiteering.

TJH, Kmart, Cad290 and 4 others like this.
  19. amiga500 Jul 3, 2017

nurseford25, duc, JSal16 and 38 others like this.
  20. Smspectre Jul 3, 2017

Still waiting for my snoopy strap.
    Looks great on it.

fskywalker and amiga500 like this.