Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. SouthernScot Jul 3, 2017

This has to be individual OB/AD because it is not consistent across the board. My AD asked for £1k deposit but that was only in May when my reservation was made in March and then it was only to prove I was serious because they had so many other people chasing for the 60th Speedy.

tyrantlizardrex and fskywalker like this.
  2. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Jul 3, 2017

I think that Omega's delivery policy is even more customer friendly than Rolex's. Or do you want to wait for years to get your grail watch???

MCG555, Smspectre, Pibbow and 3 others like this.
  3. Pun Jul 3, 2017

+1. You're damn right!!

sensui, fskywalker and amiga500 like this.
  4. chows99 Jul 4, 2017

On 1 hand, I want production to be ramped up. On the other hand, I wouldn't want any compromise on quality. I guess its time to divert my attention to something else to make the waiting more bearable. Any suggestions?

fskywalker likes this.
  5. donsaimon Jul 4, 2017

Cars? Women? ;)

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Teunan87 Jul 4, 2017

7. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 4, 2017

After reading this and a couple of similar comments I decided to pop Arthur an email for clarification. He confirmed that even AD's will be given contact details, but only last minute so as to remove risk of them selling to someone else and to respect your confidentiality. The best part was he finished suggesting my ST should be arriving in the UK very soon, therefore expect my AD to receive it this week together with my contact information. Mega excited!

8. pianomankd Jul 4, 2017

Great watch amiga500!

I got another email from Arthur yesterday stating my exact OB and that they will be "contacting me shortly" to arrange pick up :)

Yay!

Tet, fskywalker and amiga500 like this.
  9. Tik-Tok of Oz Jul 4, 2017

I was told by my OB that there is an allotment for the states, obviously, but they have not sent any out yet. So no, nothing in the US as of early last week. Also, told if a customer declines the watch it would be sent back to HQ where the official waiting list is and the next person in line is offered the watch.:whistling:

shutterlife and fskywalker like this.
  10. tyrantlizardrex Jul 4, 2017

To deal with the disappointing lack of pictures, here's some super limited edition #speedytuesday content.

Not for sale on eBay or anywhere else.

IMG_7123.JPG

shutterlife, Jking, Kmart and 11 others like this.
  11. Cad290 Jul 4, 2017

Vintage Speedmasters

12. Linzer Jul 4, 2017

Is this the famous properly aligned Speedy caseback that many people aiming for? :)

Cad290, MCG555, flowert and 2 others like this.
  13. tyrantlizardrex Jul 4, 2017

Nespo, Tet, Lonestar and 2 others like this.
  14. Linzer Jul 4, 2017

fskywalker likes this.
  15. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jul 4, 2017

What's funny is, at least 4 of these 30's are held by publicly known forum members, which is quite a decent score ;)

vorfreude ist die schönste freude...;)

I mean, c'mon, you can't be serious, right?!? Is this what the world in 2017 is about, that you will remember waiting for a long-desired, and promised (not that there's any risk you don't get it) top-notch watch as a bad experience? The only case when I could see this being justifiable is if you know you're sick and dying and the clock is ticking... But otherwise, I mean, seriously?!? :cautious:

Edited Jul 4, 2017
  16. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 4, 2017

...123 pages worth!

fskywalker likes this.
  17. Jsub Jul 4, 2017

Seems like a good number of forum members have gotten their STs by now. Anyone wearing in the wild received any comments, or even have anyone recognise the watch?

fskywalker likes this.
  18. incabloc Jul 4, 2017

Completely agree with your statement. There are many other things which are much more important than this or any other watch. It's just how they communicate and how they act is not realy the same. I think I'm not the only one who gets a bit frustrated to see, that some "flippers" allready gets the watch and some of the true fans are not. I know that the most of the people here cannot understand this, but thats ok......it's just my unimportant point of view.

fskywalker likes this.
  19. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 4, 2017

How can Omega (or anybody) know the difference in advance of the first recipients?

fskywalker, Tet and Lonestar like this.
  20. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jul 4, 2017

They actually handed them over to flippers FIRST to pump up the hype and the market price :D

fibonacci086, cpl, fskywalker and 2 others like this.