Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. fskywalker Jul 2, 2017

That's strange, they are suppose to request proof of identity. I guess that is at an AD and not at a Boutique?

cpl likes this.
  2. Smspectre Jul 2, 2017

If they asked for ID how would it help if they don't have any name with the watch.
    No contact details either.

fskywalker likes this.
  3. Smspectre Jul 2, 2017

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't let people know your number and pick up point and that watch is now in.
    Unless you know the staff well it could be a problem.

fskywalker likes this.
  4. fskywalker Jul 2, 2017

Well, at least on the Boutiques they know the name of the owner of the reservation, limited number and require ID to pay and collect (that's what they told me)

cpl and Smspectre like this.
  5. Smspectre Jul 2, 2017

That's good to hear.

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Smspectre Jul 2, 2017

I know my AD says he as another turn up and hasn't been contacted by the buyer yet since it came in. He was contacted a few weeks ago by the buyer but didn't leave his name or contact details. I'm sure he will be soon.
    The staff there thought it was mine at first. But was wrong number.

fskywalker likes this.
  7. Scepticalist Jul 2, 2017

My AD knew who was supposed to pick it up. They asked for a copy of my reservation email - they were under strict instructions from Omega to only release it to me and to return it if I didn't claim within 30 days.

8. Smspectre Jul 2, 2017

Strange. It makes me wonder was he talking crap , but never asked me for anything. But like I said they do know me. And I'm sure they had no reason to make it up.
    I'm just letting people know my story on collection and just be careful.

cpl and fskywalker like this.
  9. SteveHarris Jul 2, 2017

What's Arthur's email address? Reading that story I'm a bit worried now!

Steve

fskywalker likes this.
  10. Pibbow Jul 2, 2017

Just reply to your email confirmation Arthur responds to them.

SteveHarris and fskywalker like this.
  11. Smspectre Jul 2, 2017

I don't think you need to worry as stated you get the call when it will be delivered only you know your number and the pick up place so there should never be an issue. And as said above they had to show ID. Mine may just be a one off.

cpl likes this.
  12. Kippax Jul 2, 2017

Guys Omega do send you a email to confirm don't they?

So you can contact your Store.

cpl and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 2, 2017

If you give me your name , ID, reservation number and AD where you want to pick it up I'll pick it up for you....:whistling:

watchme and shutterlife like this.
  14. cpl Jul 2, 2017

They know who the watch is for. They have your full name, email, phone number when you reserved one. If your AD didn't know then somewhere along the line there was a breakdown. Can you imagine the chaos if they received 10 watches with no idea who they are for and 15 people walk in the door saying they're here to collect their ST!

15. mpcdude Jul 2, 2017

Arthur replied to someone in the ST Facebook group that STs that are in the thousands serial have not been started on yet.

IMG_9971.PNG
  16. cpl Jul 2, 2017

I was among the first batch. Arthur has said he did not send out email notifications to the first batch but he now sends emails for subsequent batches. The only notification I got was a call from the Omega Australia head of marketing to say I will be receiving it shortly and to expect a call from my nominated OB. A few days later I got a call from the OB to arrange a pickup appointment. When I visited my OB they did not ask for ID but they knew my name since this is a pre-arranged appointment. I guess the name on the credit card is confirmation that I am the right person picking up [emoji13].

fskywalker likes this.
  17. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jul 3, 2017

That's interesting. Mine seemed to suggest that they know exactly who it was for as the box had my name and number on, as did the plastic bag......

18. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 3, 2017

You could have paid cash ;)

Lonestar, fskywalker and cpl like this.
  19. Pun Jul 3, 2017

I pray they do the same for my parcel as well. In fact I told the manager at my OB not to open the outer box even. They should hand me over my parcel as they received from Omega.

fskywalker likes this.
  20. cpl Jul 3, 2017

I could have. At that point asking for ID would've been awkward :O

fskywalker likes this.