Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. abrod520 Jan 10, 2017

Missed it due to West Coast / lack of compulsive forum reading first thing in the morning. Refreshing all day. Very cool looking watch.

2. 2nastie Jan 10, 2017

I didn't say they were all gone. I'm just telling guys to keep on refreshing.

It's like the old iPhone reservation mentality. Quick clicks or wait until something frees up, but eventually they will be snatched up. It's a reservation and doesn't require deposits or payment. Just like their terms and conditions of not officially committing on the watch for you (they can always cancel your reservation without reason), there is no liability for those who decide to confirm the entire process and decide its not right for them come summer.

Either way, cheers! I'm stoked for mine (hopefully).

3. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 10, 2017

Wannabees will be selling the waiting list slots much earlier, they've learned how to from their Porsche retailers ;)

Pictures, or it didn't happen ! :rolleyes:

Taddyangle and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. 2nastie Jan 10, 2017

Keep on trying bud. I'm on the West Coast and I got one when I woke up when I typically do... although I did see Omega's sneak peak last night.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

Terminal Parrot is downstairs refreshing his computer.

maxresfddefault.jpg

6. abrod520 Jan 10, 2017

Ah. I didn't see it last night, and thought it was a prank at first this morning as I saw the Fratello post way before Omega's

7. Scepticalist Jan 10, 2017

I greatly suspect Hodinkee will have an Omega LE down the line given the obvious success of this exercise.

I don't see how US can complain over what is, after all, an edition from an EU based website. Sure if the position was reversed I'd be disappointed, but not surprised at not getting first shout.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  8. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Wish I was up later last night. The one night I sleep early because I'm sick... :(

Continuing to refresh hoping a slot opens up. This is a bit pathetic (feeling on my part).

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

The way omega have done this means Omega knows every single customer and what number they bought and flipped at a premium (should it fetch a premium).

I deal with Porsche on a regular basis and they know the flippers and trust me a black list exists. Any GT product here in the UK you don't stand a chance now in getting one unless your VIP and have a track record of owning GT Porsche's from new.

10. Perseus Jan 10, 2017

Sweet Christmas! This is the Speedy I've wanted for years, but the limited edition shenanigans is annoying.

blubarb and GalaxyGuy like this.
  11. Jaacck Jan 10, 2017

I imagine these will be the next snoopy. Similar amount released and what seems to be the same amount of interest in getting one.

I would be more interested in a snoopy than one of these and its annoying to see them sitting in there boxes unworn while the prices stay high due to demand. Will be lots of ST ( Speedy Tuesday ) Speedmasters sitting around unworn with the stickers still on in years to come. ( see if the ST ) catches on ;) you saw it here first.

12. shoota70 Jan 10, 2017

What is with the Radial on the caseback?

13. watchdaddy1 Jan 10, 2017

14. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Jan 10, 2017

yes ::psy::

15. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 10, 2017

A friend of mine was offered his buy-in + 80k£ for his waiting list position for the GT3RS 4.0L by a dealer from UK. Same here, Omega know which number one initially reserved, they don't where it will end up after delivery. And do they care? seriously?

16. Smspectre Jan 10, 2017

It's simple. The rich get richer

17. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 10, 2017

Around here Porsche (DC area of the US) does in fact care. The dealerships have more VIPs clamoring for them then they can accommodate, so they give the best customers first shot at reserving. Sell your slot to someone else and you may not get a shot at the next version.

tyrantlizardrex and kov like this.
  18. gee_cee Jan 10, 2017

Er, "Pieces of Eight!, Pieces of Eight..!"

19. CaptDngr Jan 10, 2017

Been refreshing all day.

On what basis do more open up anyway? Are people getting emails with requests to pay in full, and if they don't, their allocation is released?

20. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 10, 2017

The black list might exist... but it's useless... still happens all the time...

kov likes this.