Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. lando Jun 30, 2017

As there are now some panda-LE-models, i'd expect this to go forward in the future. It is ideal for Omega to have this feature limited (no pun intended) to the limited edition Refs. They would spoil themself a USP by going the route to offer non-limited panda-dial-speedies.

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  2. jpizzzle Jun 30, 2017

I think RJB already addressed on FB (if I'm remembering correctly) that the mitsukoshi was a unique situation and we shouldn't expect dials of the ST to be sold separately.

fskywalker and Travelhomedad like this.
  3. Travelhomedad Jun 30, 2017

Hard to break it to you but Robert has mentioned on Facebook that there won't be any ST dial for sale. As someone that owns the OG Mitsukoshi, I don't mind the panda mods but Omega had accidentally release them. I rather these go Limited and only when it needs replacement.

fskywalker and semper_shells like this.
  4. fskywalker Jun 30, 2017

Well, Mitsukoshi is not the only LE dial available; you can pretty easily source the blue panda and Apollo 11 dials (among some others)

Travelhomedad likes this.
  5. lillatroll Jun 30, 2017

I remember feeling the same when the Snoopy was released but the good thing about Omega is that they quickly bring something else out to help you get over it. Would I be happy to have a Snoopy, yes but I don't miss not having one and if I had missed out on the speedytuesday then I am sure something else would have got me over it, probably the railmaster.

MCG555, Smspectre, Pun and 3 others like this.
  6. R3D9 Jun 30, 2017

Thanks! That's an excellent point, and if I really think about it, had I bought the more expensive ST instead of my standard-issue Moonwatch, I wouldn't have had the necessary free cash in the budget to spring for my Explorer that is now happily sitting on my wrist...

So I suppose I kind of came out of the whole thing fairly well. Still, that panda dial... ;)

Speaking of Railmasters, I see Worn & Wound has one of the non-LE Railmasters in for review right now. That might be the one to get me over my present bought of meloncholia ::love::

7. Scepticalist Jun 30, 2017

To answer a few questions:

The strap is good quality yes, though not perfect imo. A more distressed look would have suited me. I've ordered the Snoopy strap

Yes, it looks bigger. I've been discussing that on another forum and the combination of all-brushed surfaces (on the original the polished surfaces "disappear" a bit) plus the panda highlights the fact that the subdials are close together. Together these do give an illusion that it's bigger but it "wears" the same

The watch roll is really excellent quality. I'd totally use it if going on a trip - the Hippocampus emboss on the flap is a nice touch

Cad290, cpl, MCG555 and 6 others like this.
  8. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 30, 2017

As someone with a smaller wrist I am a little worried about this as it does look larger than expected on alot of the wristshots I've seen. Having said that my Soyuz wore fine and it hopefully shouldn't be too different.

MCG555, fskywalker and Scepticalist like this.
  9. Scepticalist Jun 30, 2017

As I said it wears no different. If you can wear the standard Moonwatch this'll be fine. I have 6.75 wrist.

fskywalker and Tet like this.
  10. MCG555 Jul 1, 2017

You'll be fine! I have a 6.1inch / 15.5cm wrist :eek: and I am sensitive to this topic. No single watch I wear is larger than 40mm (except the Speedy and a Hublot CF - both have 42mm, but if you measure the bezel its effectively 40mm ... );)

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  11. ramilg Jul 1, 2017

Hi All,

Got the call this morning!! But, unfortunately, due to personal circumstances I will not be purchasing my watch anymore (number 87 - posted a week ago about pick up being soon in Bond Street). I am extremely disappointed that it has turned out this way, especially now with all the live photos! :(

I hope that whoever ends up with it will love it like I would have...

I look forward to seeing my photos!

Maybe the next one for me... :D

shutterlife, STANDY, sensui and 7 others like this.
  12. azcii Jul 1, 2017

Damn, we could have switched. I'm born 1987 :(

fskywalker likes this.
  13. AK1 Jul 1, 2017

Why dont you go with another londoner who missed out and pick it up for him. Otherwise a fan will have to get it at ridiculous prices. I am sure there are people looking for it

Tik-Tok of Oz, fskywalker and flowert like this.
  14. chows99 Jul 1, 2017

Ya you could have shared about giving up to fellow omega afficandos in this great forum.

fskywalker likes this.
  15. N1CK Jul 1, 2017

No, another fan on the waiting list will get it at list price. He's doing the decent thing passing on it, rather than flipping it.

Maganator, lando, drhex and 10 others like this.
  16. AK1 Jul 1, 2017

Actually i said go pick it up for him. I meant pass it on at list price.
    If he wanted to flip and make money he would have not posted this message .

sun_devil and fskywalker like this.
  17. Scepticalist Jul 1, 2017

[cynic] Either that, or he's selling it to one of the many PMs he's got following that post [/cynic]

fskywalker and Smspectre like this.
  18. SnowShadow Jul 1, 2017

nothing wrong with selling it. having purchased a xsotm a week ago, i'm considering selling it to someone who would value and appreciate it more.

fskywalker likes this.
  19. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 1, 2017

Going through the entire thread and I get one clear picture of the amount of flipping that is coming our way. There are so many posts hinting at what the future owners of the ST would rather have instead.... I am amazed at what some people are offering/ asking for it.

Looking forward to the rest of the summer!

20. ramilg Jul 1, 2017

No not flipping it, don't want to be that guy! Wanted to do the right thing. If I can't unfortunately get this one then hopefully someone who really wants it will. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get the next one is what I'm thinking :D

Sorry didn't say on here earlier!

waterproofpt, mpcdude, Pibbow and 3 others like this.