Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Pibbow Jun 26, 2017

Yep but there is a transaction charge for each as well as the %

fskywalker likes this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 26, 2017

Minor for anything over 50 bucks... inconsequential over 1k. Unless you have a horrible merchant account.

Pibbow and fskywalker like this.
  3. demchocholips Jun 26, 2017

I wonder how waiting list allocation will work. If someone fails to pay for the ST at the OB/AD within the time window, does the watch go back to Omega? How does someone from the waiting list get allocated the watch?

rockdrock and fskywalker like this.
  4. pianomankd Jun 26, 2017

I think it's this exact thing that will keep the #ST flippers from making a ton of money right out of the gate. There are going to be those on the waiting list who won't jump on those listings right away if they have an ounce of hope that they may get the phone call from Omega saying they are now eligible to buy one.

Tet, repoman and fskywalker like this.
  5. shutterlife Jun 26, 2017

I would continue to wait on the waiting list, instead of paying a big premium. I wouldn't mind paying a small premium, 5-10% to secure a watch.

6. Tintin Jun 26, 2017

What's the highest number that's been contacted to pick up the watch so far? I saw 612 from the Facebook page. This could be a good indicator for us to start refreshing our inbox.

fskywalker likes this.
  7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 26, 2017

Mine is in the 300s, and will be delivered to an OB, but I have not heard anything. I honestly don't think 612 indicates much at this point.

Pibbow, Pun and fskywalker like this.
  8. rockdrock Jun 27, 2017

Best advice.

fskywalker likes this.
  9. rockdrock Jun 27, 2017

Good question. I wondered this too. I read somewhere the AD would keep it and provide to their customers. Don't know how true this is.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. chows99 Jun 27, 2017

It's tempting to flip a ST for a Daytona. But the fact that its a LE and in very low numbers relatively to Rolex production volume, makes me prefer to keep my ST!

fskywalker likes this.
  11. chows99 Jun 27, 2017

BTW, anyone here collecting their ST in KL, Malaysia? We can meetup for a wrist shot!

fskywalker likes this.
  12. ck77 Jun 27, 2017

Sure bro, what's your numbers?

chows99 and fskywalker like this.
  13. Scepticalist Jun 27, 2017

Instructions in the letter that was posted to OBs say that the OB should contact Omega if a watch is not picked up, so that it can reallocated to the wait list.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. bug1124 Jun 27, 2017

Well I suspect some OB/ADs would rather use it as an opportunity to up-sell VIPs on purchasing two watches. I'm curious if anyone knows what the OBs get out of the sale from a ST. I mean, does the sales person still get commission or does the store get paid somehow? Really what incentive would the OB/AD have for returning it to Omega and possibly losing the sale(s)?

fskywalker likes this.
  15. AK1 Jun 27, 2017

What ?? Some person will be willing to give me the 116500LN for my ST .

Ill probably wake up soon. Lol

fskywalker likes this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 27, 2017

Save a arse kicking at the next general meeting would be enough I would say. ;)

The whole OB and AD are going to keep them for VIPs is a urban myth on the Internet ::facepalm2::

munichblue and fskywalker like this.
  17. Scepticalist Jun 27, 2017

Exactly - I'd say far too risky for the AD/OB. It only takes the original recipient to tell Omega that they aren't picking it up. That's not to say that a recipeint might not legitimately sell it to them I suppose.

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 27, 2017

How does some one legitimately sell a watch to a OB :whistling:

;);)

Foo2rama likes this.
  19. Scepticalist Jun 27, 2017

Boutique offers to buy it? Is there some rule that prevent them from doing that and/or selling pre-owned? No idea, never been in one. Certainly an AD could do this without issues.

20. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jun 27, 2017

exactly. that's why I'm emphasizing the apparent. Doesn't mean that no VIP was able to jump the line... because if there was a line-jumper you'd indeed never know about it ;)

fskywalker likes this.