Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jan 10, 2017

I did nothing all day !

2. flw history nerd Jan 10, 2017

Me too so far (but for different reasons) ... Besides, something tells me that you've got a special connection for one of these ;)

semper_shells likes this.
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 10, 2017

Ash, are you getting commissioned by Omega or something?

:D

kov, dsio and fskywalker like this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

lol I wish mate but I'm getting flooded with private messages asking me if they've missed out or if there's some way they can get one, all I can do is tell people what RJ told me, which is that the high number of visitors browsing looking at numbers is causing them to be locked for 15 minutes at a time and if you do want one, to keep trying and try to be patient as there are still more that haven't been spoken for.

I also really do want people to get one the first time around and not end up having to buy off eBay or scalpers later on down the track, these belong on people's wrists not on an auction block.

5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 10, 2017

Well, you should ask for a commission anyway, after @Robert-Jan, you're probably single-handedly responsible for the most reservations in the omegasphere :D

müslüm likes this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

Mate its doing a good job of selling itself, I can't remember where I read it but some article with Stephen Urquhart I believe mentioned how Omega's marketing is focused on the Seamaster and Constellation lines while the Speedmaster Pro sort of just sells on its own without much help at all. After what must be around 250 Speedy Tuesday articles at this point Robert-Jan also definitely knows what collectors love better than just about anyone.

Robert-Jan and Lonestar like this.
  7. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2017

Yes. Want my.....er, the Paypal address?

Buck2466 likes this.
  8. müslüm Jan 10, 2017

Thank you for reserving your OMEGA Speedmaster "Speedy Tuesday" with the Limited Edition number XXXX/2012. I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing this unique and collectable timepiece.YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY AN OMEGA SALESPERSON IN THE SUMMER 2017

We do not guarantee that the assigned or chosen limited edition number or any reserved watch will be available for sale.

So will I get one or not?

Travelller likes this.
  9. Rtboy10 Jan 10, 2017

Hope I get lucky to reserve one that ends up not getting spoken for. Are they going to attempt to prevent individuals from reserving multiple? I'm really surprised they did not require some sort of deposit either.

10. Maganator Jan 10, 2017

Most likely. That will just be the small print in case there is a mistake or something.

Travelller and müslüm like this.
  11. lillatroll Jan 10, 2017

I am not even a little bit of a fan of the regular speedmaster in any way shape or form but I have found some of the LEs that have been issued fairly interesting. In the past few months I have considered a tin tin and the other day I saw a speedmaster solar flight LE that caught my attention, but I have held back because Basel 17 is not far off and wanted to see if a railmaster would be on offer. After lunch I was having a gander at the forums and saw this watch.
    I tried to resist, not very hard though, and I reserved one before regret kicked in... number 1134/2012. It really does tick all the boxes of a fantastic looking watch. I hope it looks as good in real life as it does in the pictures.

Edited Jan 10, 2017
    Lonestar likes this.
  12. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2017

Not if you wear that jacket / shirt combo to your interview with Robert-Jan and Omega.

kkt, kov, Lonestar and 3 others like this.
  13. müslüm Jan 10, 2017

Sold out - and sells for CHF 5800.--
    I already missed the Snoopy Edition which is now on the market for at least double, if not triple the price...

If I really get mine, this is a lifetime keeper - THANK YOU RJ! Thank you Omega!

Travelller, Robert-Jan and Lonestar like this.
  14. Mightaswell Jan 10, 2017

F5
    F5
    F5
    F5

15. Pun Jan 10, 2017

My booking confirmation email. But they've a disclaimer in the email that -
    "We do not guarantee that the assigned or chosen limited edition number or any reserved watch will be available for sale."
    I don't understand what they mean by that. If they can cancel our booking unilaterally and reserve all such sweeping rights then what is the purpose of this entire exercise?

IMG_1525.PNG IMG_1526.PNG
    Travelller and müslüm like this.
  16. repoman Jan 10, 2017

As the USA west coast wakes up and finds out they missed out completely on this first shot at reservations, expect to see a good bit of whining (which should just be ignored). This Speedy checks a lot of boxes for me and I think RJ did a great job with it. The introduction of an online reservation system for this piece is a fascinating change for Omega. If you think the Silver Snoopy method of reservation was a big failure, I can't wait to see what you think of this system. (I'm not commenting good or bad). I think clicking "reserve" is a lot easier than forking out $6500USD. I expect (well, actually, I guarantee) a WHOLE lot of these pieces will come available in the summer when money is demanded by Omega. I assume the retail network (aka boutiques) will then get an allocation of available pieces, and those will go through the normal retail sales channel (i.e. contact VIP clients, call folks on local wait lists, etc.).

I've been clicking refresh like many for the last hour, but I'm not too concerned with missing out today. I've got my own, big, incoming this week, and am just fine hanging back and waiting for one of these reverse pandas to just fall into my lap later this year :D

Edited Jan 10, 2017
    LawBrk and blubarb like this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2017

It's not sold out, if you read back in the thread you'll see they're being locked for 15 minutes and released so keep trying, there will also be more unconfirmed available in 20-24 hours.

18. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2017

I have clicked the Refresh button exactly 0 times, but I enjoy watching the madness.

Lonestar and repoman like this.
  19. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2017

We need to get a recording of one of Steve's parrots saying this, and post the link to the MP3 file 2 or 3 times each page.

*squawk* It's not sold out *squawk* Try again in 15 minutes. *squawk*

Jwit, Lonestar and müslüm like this.
  20. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs Jan 10, 2017

wow what a nice LE,gutted being on nights means I've only just seen this ::facepalm2::,was thinking of ways to release funds to get one,but alas looks like they are all gone,at least it looks like most have gone to members on here,enjoy:D