Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark II

Hello,

My father want to sell his Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark II that he bought just a year after Apolo 11. I tried to search the exactly model of this watch but didn't find any reference of a watch that have "Omega Speedmaster Professional Mark II" on dial and this style of lugs.

IMG_5607.jpg

Do any one have the reference model and know how much it would value?
It's working very well, even though it hasn't been opened for at least 40 years.

That dial never appeared on that style case, only on a Mark II case. Somewhere along the way the original dial was replaced with a Mark II dial.

Like 2
Looks like Mark II dial swapped into lyre lug case = franken

Like 1
The bracelet appears to be a Bulova bullet bracelet as well (did Omega do the bullet on any of their watches?). The clasp would have “JB Champion” stamped on it if it is.

If your father did indeed have this from new, it is possible he brought it to a well meaning watchmaker at some point who “spruced it up” with parts they may have had available. 40-50 year ago most people didn’t sweat the details of originality as we collectors do today and just wanted their watch fixed.

Like 1
The bracelet appears to be a Bulova bullet bracelet as well (did Omega do the bullet on any of their watches?). The clasp would have “JB Champion” stamped on it if it is.

If your father did indeed have this from new, it is possible he brought it to a well meaning watchmaker at some point who “spruced it up” with parts they may have had available. 40-50 year ago most people didn’t sweat the details of originality as we collectors do today and just wanted their watch fixed.

The bracelet is seems to be original (it is exactly like this one: https://www.chrono24.com/omega/spee...16-bracelet-and-box-from-1967--id34330871.htm) It has a 575 written on it.

My father bought original on 1970 but repaired and oiled once around 30-40 years ago (he don't remember exactly)

Like 2
The bracelet appears to be a Bulova bullet bracelet as well (did Omega do the bullet on any of their watches?)
The bracelet looks to be a worn out 1116 but with mismatching endlinks. The 1116/575 is correct for the 145.012 - 145.022 as seen here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-speedmaster-bracelet-chart.29051/
IMG_9675.jpeg

It was also used in the Seamaster Chrono but with different endlinks, which can be seen on my old one below

IMG_9677.jpeg

has a 575 written on it.
Does the inside clasp say 1116? You have mismatching endlinks, but one of them says 575 on the underside?

Like 3
The bracelet looks to be a worn out 1116 but with mismatching endlinks. The 1116/575 is correct for the 145.012 - 145.022 as seen here:

IMG_9675.jpeg

It was also used in the Seamaster Chrono but with different endlinks, which can be seen on my old one below

IMG_9677.jpeg

Does the inside clasp say 1116? You have mismatching endlinks, but one of them says 575 on the underside?
I learned something new today- another JBC for Omega.

IMG_9675.jpeg

IMG_9677.jpeg

Yes it does!

Captura de Tela 2024-07-18 às 14.18.03.png Captura de Tela 2024-07-18 às 14.18.29.png

A lot of learnings! Thanks guys!

I think I'll try to buy the original dial for this model and replace the Mark II one. If I can check the dial's authenticity, I'll try to sell it as well.

I think I'll try to buy the original dial for this model and replace the Mark II one. If I can check the dial's authenticity, I'll try to sell it as well.

Be careful before rushing headlong down that path - you have MkII hands as well. It is entirely possible that you have an entire set of MkII internals, and what you are actually needing to return to "Original State" is in fact a MkII case.

Your bezel is from much later.

As for values, what with the correction in the market, combined with this watch's uncertain pedigree, I would urge you to keep it.

Get the movement number, and we can have a guess whether its a MkII or an original moonwatch - be interesting to see the engraving on the inside case back.

Like 3
Be careful before rushing headlong down that path - you have MkII hands as well. It is entirely possible that you have an entire set of MkII internals, and what you are actually needing to return to "Original State" is in fact a MkII case.

Great observation. Before reading this, I was going to point out that the leftmost subdial hand appears different from the other two. I hadn't even realized that it was Speedmaster MkII handset.

(especially embarrassing, as I am actually wearing a Speedmaster Mark II at this very moment. Although, in a somewhat feeble defense, at least it has a Racing dial. And I need to remove it so I can go out and mow the lawn. We know how these things are with yardwork.)

If the watch was originally a MkII prior to being recased, that is actually easier (and cheaper) to obtain than a dial to match the current case as many (on this forum specifically) have been cannibalized from the racing dial models. The OP could sell the SMP case and offset the cost of the MKII case and probably get an original bracelet attached.