Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022 ADB - Serviced

1. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 17, 2022

Hi OF,

For sale is my ~1985 (long S, long R, short tail Qualified) 145.022 ADB Speedy with original 1171 bracelet that I had serviced by Kelly Hunter at Art of the Watch in 2021.
    Dial1.JPG
    IMG_5504.JPG

Over the last year I have picked up a couple other Speedies, which resulted in this one getting much less wrist time. I purchased this piece from fellow member Ndgal, which he had advertised as from 85. I don't have an extract for this, but using ilovemyspeedmaster.com I got an estimated March 1985 date. While I cannot say this is "unpolished" as I am not the original owner of this, the case does have sharp edges and shows wear commensurate with it's ~37 years of age. During service the case was not refinished. The original TACHYMETRE bezel is in overall great condition with small chips at 85, 93, 98, & 105, which is photographed below. The dial is in excellent condition with soft custardy tritium. The hands are original to the watch despite the tritium being softer in color than the dial. Please note there are two small cracks in the lume of the hour hand. During service, Kelly inspected these under microscope and confirmed the lume is secure. The pushers were rebuilt during service. The crystal is in good shape and could do with a light polish and has the present Ω in the center. The caseback has a superficial tool slip mark from a previous owner. Note the short tail Q and the ADB (A. Donze-Baum SA) Fir Tree. The 1171 with 633 end links is original to the watch and full size (with three additional links not photographed). During service I had the pins/tubes replaced and requested a new set of Omega spring bars. My wrist is between ~7" - ~7.25" and the bracelet is comfortably sized to the middle of 8 micro adjustments. As this is a full size bracelet, there is plenty of room for adjustment in either direction.

Writing these always gives me a little bit of anxiety as I want to make sure I include everything but always feel like I forgot something. I believe I have covered everything but I am more than happy to answer/address any questions/concerns. I do have proof of service and will happily share this to serious enquirers. Receipt of service will be forwarded to the future owner.

I am located in northern California and would prefer to make a deal within North America. I am asking $4,800 via PayPal F&F. Less if you aren't interested in the bracelet. Shipping is free and fully insured.

Every image in this listing was taken with my cell phone and is high quality when opened into a new window. In the close up detailed shots, the scratches look worse than they are. I shot through a loupe to get these. On the wrist and at normal viewing distances, they largely disappear. Be warned, this is an image overload. I would rather showcase everything I can so prospective buyers know exactly what is on offer.

Lastly, here are a few reviews
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/scarecrow-boat.137377/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/scarecrow-boat-is-an-excellent-seller.136577/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/scarecrow-boat-is-a-great-seller.125526/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/fantastic-transaction-with-scarecrow-boat.118486/

DialA.JPG
    TextCloseUp.JPG BezelCloseUp.JPG CrystalLogo.JPG
    C1.JPG C2.JPG C3.JPG C4.JPG C5.JPG C6.JPG C7.JPG C8.JPG C9.JPG C10.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

Charged by the sun, these lume shots span maybe 20 seconds. Note the short distance travelled by the minute hand as it moves just over the 3 o'clock indice.

L1.JPG L2.JPG L3.JPG

B1.JPG B2.JPG B3.JPG B4.JPG B5.JPG B6.JPG B7.JPG B8.JPG
    IMG_5507.JPG IMG_5508.JPG
    B9.JPG B10.JPG B11.JPG B12.JPG B13.JPG

Here are a few wrist shots to wrap it up

IMG_5502.JPG
    6FBF6749-C066-482A-88AA-65679323EC25.jpeg
    IMG_5498.JPG IMG_5500.JPG IMG_5501.JPG IMG_5503.JPG

Thank you OF for allowing this space. Wherever you are in the world, I hope you have a wonderful day/night!
    -Aaron

Edited Apr 17, 2022
  2. Thommas Apr 17, 2022

Amazing photos and beautiful watch... GLWS!

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  3. MtV Apr 17, 2022

Great dude, lovely watch. GLWS!

Duracuir1 and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  4. blueteg Apr 17, 2022

Incredible pics, looks like a fantastic watch for someone. What phone were these taken with?

5. sonicosa Apr 17, 2022

Terrific listing and really nice looking watch. GLWS!

6. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 17, 2022

Thank you everyone for your kind words ::love::

@blueteg I used my iPhone 12pro for all of these. No third party lenses or anything. For the detailed close ups I shot through an Omega loupe that comes with the big box Speedy.

blueteg, JwRosenthal and Toishome like this.
  7. JwRosenthal Apr 17, 2022

The camera is only 25% of the equation- take the bow.

BSUdude, wagudc and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 17, 2022

Ok I was going to be pissy about the price on a mid 80’s piece ( I didn’t date it just seems right ballpark EDIT: Guessed right 1985 lol) But I am glad to see I was wrong...

It’s in great shape and the period-correct 1171 is a super nice and not cheap addition…

If you want a nice patina pretty close to new tritium piece that you should have no qualms wearing, I dare anyone to find a better piece for less.

Edited Apr 17, 2022