Omega Speedmaster Moon to Mars

Any other love for this watch? Thinking of picking one of these up. A nice "inexpensive" LE to get.

Any other love for this watch? Thinking of picking one of these up. A nice "inexpensive" LE to get.
I’ve often thought of getting one - they are different enough and unlike most LEs celebrate something we hope to do rather than something we’ve done...the prices seem to have risen quite a bit in the last year or so.

I have owned 7 Omega watches in the past few years. I've sold a few to fund other models. This is 1 of my 4 Omega watches that I own at the moment, the numbered edition Moon to Mars. I love the look of the watch. I know some people look down on this model but I buy what I like, not what others like (well, mostly - my wife's opinion can influence me). I am sometimes tempted to sell it and get a standard moon watch just to have something more true to the original. But if I sell this one I might struggle to find a replacement if I regret the decision. I wish I could own both this and the standard model.

IMG_2219.jpg
IMG_2353.jpg

No shame in that model at all. I'd keep it and just save up for a regular Speedy Pro too someday, if that's important to you. You like the watch and you know the history on the watch, as opposed to getting somebody else's beater watch when you replace it.

I think it is relatively straightforward to pick up the dials and do your own mod if you fancy it.

I quite like this and sometimes wish I'd bought it instead of the professional. It's nice the way the person above describes it - a watch that celebrates what we hope to achieve rather than what we already have.

Considering it's not numbered anywhere on the watch and nothing is particularly unique about it though it would be pretty easy to just buy the dial and caseback then convert any normal professional into this watch.

I quite like this and sometimes wish I'd bought it instead of the professional. It's nice the way the person above describes it - a watch that celebrates what we hope to achieve rather than what we already have.

Considering it's not numbered anywhere on the watch and nothing is particularly unique about it though it would be pretty easy to just buy the dial and caseback then convert any normal professional into this watch.

I do not think Omega will sell this case back without exchange, because it is numbered.

I believe it is numbered on the back?

Rise from the dead!! This old thread from 2011 lives again, now twice resurrected. 🤪

I've had mine a few years, I don't wear it to often, but recently, it's been on a black Nato.

I've had mine a few years, I don't wear it to often, but recently, it's been on a black Nato.

Beautiful!!

Hi All , Rise from the dead part III....

Someone saw my two tone Rolex submariner and wants to trade with me for this Omega with box , papers et al , 2 Baume Mercier automatic Chronographs , one with box and papers , a Limited Edition Raymond Weil Gibson Les Paul edition recently acquired also with box , papers , etc., and a new Seiko Solar Chronograph .
He kept saying he had the Omega Moon Watch , but after he saw and wants my Rolex , he sent me pictures and I then discovered it wasn't the moon watch , but rather the discussed Moon to Mars numbered edition watch .

At first I was disappointed and wasn't interested in a trade , but after stumbling across this timeless thread . I am thinking and considering the trade because of two things .

First , as was mentioned by a fellow member ,...this watch represents an event in the future that will surely come to pass ,
and secondly , as was stated to me , the box , papers and other original accompanying materials gives me a history on the ownership of this watch ,... [ I am hoping ] . It was stated to me that this watch has not been worn much , and the pictures point in that direction .
Also , in my opinion , it is a handsome watch .

And as I am writing this post , a third factor comes to mind ,...and that is ," will I lament letting go of my two tone blue dialed Rolex Submariner " ?

I've got a few things to consider .

I thought I had uploaded a few pics , but they were in an earlier text that I had deleted . I am asking for photos and will post them later .
I sometimes delete things too quickly..

Photos I just received...
As I understand the ownership situation , the fellow that wants to do the trade and is the second owner . The photos were taken by the 1st and 2nd owners wearing the watch .

I’ve seen one in person. I wasn’t thrilled by the quality of printing on the dial.

That’s my take.

Another one on the list of Speedies I’d like to add. Nearly bought one few months back but it was incomplete and not in best condition. I’ll wait for another opportunity, despite prices increasing faster than my savings...

These aren't a particularly sought after special edition and over 6000 were produced so they are not hard to find. As @Foo2rama says, take a close look at the subdials because they have a pixellated appearance. I wouldn't be overly concerned about the Speedy alone, the question is do you want to swap your Rolex for 5 other watches. Only you can judge whether you prefer 2 B&Ms, a RW, a Seiko and the M2M. You may be better off selling your Rolex and buying the watches you really want rather than a bundle.