Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster MKii 145.037 Telestop

1. Tonyash Dec 18, 2020

Without wishing to appear to rush into my first sales post on hitting the magical 200 mark, I am offering my 1975 Omega Speedmaster Telestop for sale.
    I have had this watch about two years, worn it maybe twice and then only for Instagram photo opportunities. There are a few threads on OF regarding this particular watch and, at risk of repeating myself, here is a brief rundown.

I found the watch advertised for sale in Perth WA as a standard Speedmaster MKii, however the seller had removed caseback for inspection and the serial read 145.037. The pushers were normal short pushers but apertures definitely looked wider than standard. I bought the watch on the off chance it could be a rare Telestop with incorrect pushers. Once the watch arrived I requested an extract from Omega which confirmed this was indeed a Telestop, whooping and hollering ensued. Great feeling to have my suspicions confirmed.

The watch next went to Adam Lewis for restoration to original Telestop specification. The Speedmaster was serviced and fitted with correct OEM Omega Telestop pushers and crystal. Amazingly there is minute difference in thickness on the crystal from standard and Omega still stock correct parts for this phenomenally low production watch. The consensus being only 50 were ever produced.

The Speedmaster MKii case was completely refinished to Adam's usual high standard, correct brushed top and polished sides. Watch had also been fitted with Luminova service hands at some point and Adam relumed these service hands to match the dial.

The watch is on it's original 1162 bracelet, the clasp was, however, replaced at service and has the later sunken logo. There is a small mark on the dial in the hour sub dial above the 9 and a similar mark in the minutes sub dial, see third photo, They were there when I bought the watch.
    For peace of mind the watch was successfully pressure tested at service.

My reason for sale is finding the watch and returning it to original spec was enough, my part of it's story is now done. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the thrill of the chase, but have no desire to keep the watch, my MKii itch perfectly satisfied with a racing dial MKii.

In summary, a fully restored and serviced Telestop. All correct OEM Omega Telestop parts, superb refinished case and relumed service hands. Comes with Omega Extract Of Archives, service record from Lewiswatchco, pressure test results and various parts removed to bring the watch back to original, a set of MKii Tritium hands included in there but they are pretty rough.

No one seems to know for sure what Telestops were made for, even why they were made at all but, hey, there's only 50.

Watch and I are in Melbourne Australia. I have a couple of references on this forum, Ebay mev395 #569 positive 100% feedback. Also some references on Chronotrader from my Heuer days.

Happy to answer any questions.
    Asking $US4500 shipped worldwide by courier with Securus insurance.

Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for granting me access to the sacred sales chamber.
    Cheers.
    IMG_4532.jpeg IMG_4533.jpeg IMG_2415.jpeg Two small dark marks are visible on the hour and seconds sub dials, anything else just dust on the crystal. IMG_4350.jpeg IMG_4531.jpeg IMG_4350.jpeg IMG_4355.jpeg IMG_4352.jpeg IMG_3138.jpeg IMG_5589.jpg IMG_3139.jpeg IMG_2396.jpeg IMG_2408.jpeg IMG_4529.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg

Edited Jan 20, 2021
    akshayluc420, Tet, mbeast and 9 others like this.
  2. Tonyash Dec 29, 2020

And now my first ever sales bump...

3. Tonyash Jan 4, 2021

Happy New Year, bump:)

4. Tonyash Jan 11, 2021

Move on up.

5. Tonyash Jan 19, 2021

Back to the surface. Bump

6. Tonyash Jan 25, 2021

OHPF

Tet likes this.
  7. Tonyash Jan 26, 2021